3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
lyeesia wrote:
I have to say thanks for the guide, was very informative and was very helpful understanding how the unique jewels and golems interacted. I started with cold conversion animate weapon and i sincerely did enjoy the leveling process... But quickly came to the realization they feel worse then SRS as I have to cast a spell before actually getting a minion, only upside I noticed is they sure last longer then SRS. So i kinda gave up on that character and wanted to try my hand at a fireball ignite character. It was great but then hit a wall when it came to bossing as it did do the job but wasn't at the pace i was used to. Then comes in your guide, and I've always wanted to trying golems and I'm a bit burnt out from zombies and specters that it felt like now was the time for me to try them out.
I have to say ever since I put the amulet on at lvl 34 and then clay shaper at lvl 41 the build kinda felt like it just took off full steam ahead. ATM I'm very happy with the amount of damage I'm doing as well as the survivablity. I might honestly try to play this again as a league starter for next league, maybe start off with SRS & specters until the gear is ready.

So far this is what I've managed to get for under 2ex think I have my golems somewhere near 900k per golem( Besides improving the rare items I was curious about the cluster jewel setup I'm using, I plan on getting 3 more med cluster jewels to stack Renewals, do you think this is a good idea as that was my plan for the new few levels):




2 Ex, some good buys in there :D Load your build into PoB to see what difference cluster jewels will make. You will need PoB Fork to see the effects of impale and Rotten Claws. Try to craft Large clusters if you can they will be much more useful to you or stack the point somewhere else until your ready for them.

Skin of Lords seems very interesting. Will have to give it a go just for Phase Acrobatics. Drops my Physical Dmg reduction alot but can be boosted with flasks to 90.
Just using the granite flask get's me to 12k armour which is enough to get me to 90% so i'm happy atm using the granite until i buy the unique version to get more block/spell block since right now have a very redundant flask setup as the basalt is used just for move speed but yea I'm a huge fan of skin of lords, it's my first time getting my hands on it normally always used skin of loyal or a corrupted one but I got really lucky with this buy. It honestly came down to a preference thing and also alot of laziness, as one of the factors for me playing is try to get the most with what little currency I have so if I have to use overlooked uniques I will. The biggest drawback to lords is you either A) must corrupt your gems or B) buy a set of 21/0 gems, I did the latter as it was much cheaper that way for me, I also corrupted my lvl 1 blood magic that I use to swap a gem just to cast stone golems. But yea as for the skin of the lords/ The brass dome it came down to did I feel spicy and want my survivability to be a coin flip and reliant on flask usage to make the build feel a bit more engaging or go for the sure thing and lose some but of combat engagement since the brass dome will turn me into a tank. But in the end I felt they were both viable optionns and seemed to be a spot the players could choose to use which body armour they liked the best to use with the build.

Thanks for the tip on the PoB i got it yesterday, I'll test it out if getting another harmony jewel is better then getting a medium jewel with renewal for my golems.
"
lyeesia wrote:
Just using the granite flask get's me to 12k armour which is enough to get me to 90% so i'm happy atm using the granite until i buy the unique version to get more block/spell block since right now have a very redundant flask setup as the basalt is used just for move speed but yea I'm a huge fan of skin of lords, it's my first time getting my hands on it normally always used skin of loyal or a corrupted one but I got really lucky with this buy. It honestly came down to a preference thing and also alot of laziness, as one of the factors for me playing is try to get the most with what little currency I have so if I have to use overlooked uniques I will. The biggest drawback to lords is you either A) must corrupt your gems or B) buy a set of 21/0 gems, I did the latter as it was much cheaper that way for me, I also corrupted my lvl 1 blood magic that I use to swap a gem just to cast stone golems. But yea as for the skin of the lords/ The brass dome it came down to did I feel spicy and want my survivability to be a coin flip and reliant on flask usage to make the build feel a bit more engaging or go for the sure thing and lose some but of combat engagement since the brass dome will turn me into a tank. But in the end I felt they were both viable optionns and seemed to be a spot the players could choose to use which body armour they liked the best to use with the build.

Thanks for the tip on the PoB i got it yesterday, I'll test it out if getting another harmony jewel is better then getting a medium jewel with renewal for my golems.


Mediums really aren't needed. I think you will get more DPS if you follow the guide. Its very good.
Hey. Can someone tell me if Rotten will be #2 or #3 in this one:
Spoiler

Not sure how it's working.
Last edited by Juras on May 21, 2020, 9:25:37 AM
I read somewhere on this thread that you shouldn't use empower linked with the stone golems, why not?`

Seems to be a big DPS increase for me, atleast in PoB.

Lastly about clearing speed in maps, taking a couple of points and putting them into Fearsome Force feels like it's clearing a bit better since the golem slam now has a higher chance of hitting all the mobs in a pack.
Is Soul Catcher or Soul Ripper better in general? Wondering if a Ripper will keep up VMS slightly better?
Also, is the soul gain on Soul Ripper longer bc you have higher charges consumed? For example, does a 100 of 100 take longer to fill than a 50 of 50?
"
d373rmined wrote:
Is Soul Catcher or Soul Ripper better in general? Wondering if a Ripper will keep up VMS slightly better?
Also, is the soul gain on Soul Ripper longer bc you have higher charges consumed? For example, does a 100 of 100 take longer to fill than a 50 of 50?


I'm using a Soul Ripper, doesn't have the mana issue that Soul catcher does. A 100/100 will take longer to fill.
"
Juras wrote:
Hey. Can someone tell me if Rotten will be #2 or #3 in this one:
Spoiler

Not sure how it's working.


I think it will be in #1 which is the least desirable position. You basically don't want Rotten Claws to be the first notable passive listed on the Cluster jewel.


"
Yock wrote:
I read somewhere on this thread that you shouldn't use empower linked with the stone golems, why not?`

Seems to be a big DPS increase for me, atleast in PoB.


You're running the golem 6L in a +gems 2-Hander so Empower is the best support for you. No other support gem will compare.

The build guide runs golem 6L in the chest which doesn't have the +2 support gems mod, so Empower is nowhere near as good in that setup.
Last edited by scrambled777 on May 19, 2020, 11:57:47 PM
"
scrambled777 wrote:

"
Yock wrote:
I read somewhere on this thread that you shouldn't use empower linked with the stone golems, why not?`

Seems to be a big DPS increase for me, atleast in PoB.


You're running the golem 6L in a +gems 2-Hander so Empower is the best support for you. No other support gem will compare.

The build guide runs golem 6L in the chest which doesn't have the +2 support gems mod, so Empower is nowhere near as good in that setup.


That explains it, thanks! :)
great build! thanks for making it.

quick question.

does the ilvl on the helm matter for crafting purposes ? what should we be looking for as a minimum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info