[3.12] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content
This build is designed to be an enjoyable, solid and extremely fast mapper, able to chain super juiced up endgame maps a rate of 15-20maps/hours or more.
In Delirium, this build enabled me to generate >3ex/h revenue in a maxed-out atlas, pushing Delirium to the max in favourable layouts. In Harvest, I was able to push a phys variant of the build to lvl 100 in SSF, farming only rares T14+ maps at awakener level 8.
Build in action in deep delirium, T16 promenade : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1gFj1Y4tE
Speed/DPS benchmark in Maze of the Minotaur : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajebFHOffJE
Those clips were taken in Delirium trade league with gear worth 80-100ex. Expect half of the showcased DPS on a 20ex budget (so 8-10sec Minotaur kill). Survability is not really gear dependant with this build - you can do T16s on a Tabula and 50c gear at leaguestart, just being a bit careful with map mods.
3.12 updated POBs :
2Ex Budget, lvl 90 POB : https://pastebin.com/2FVMZcs2 - 5400 HP, 1.6M regular boss DPS.
20Ex budget, lvl 95 POB : https://pastebin.com/59VhBJMH - 5900HP, 4M shaper DPS
120Ex budget, lvl 98 POB : https://pastebin.com/U7g1x75E - 6300HP, 12M shaper DPS
(DPS number against bosses include your totems)
• Super fast clear, thanks to Flicker Strike mechanics and +120% built-in movespeed - without a Quicksilver!
• Very tough with >5500HP, 96% mitigation against attacks and 50% against spells.
• Very solid DPS that you can scale to insane numbers with some investment.
• Can do all game content without requiring a stellar budget
• Highly enjoyable gameplay. Flicker strike targets stuff for you, just hold your key down to the end of the map!
• Strong enough to disrespect most game mechanics, through sheer tankiness and built-in corpse destruction. Will facetank bosses, metamorphs, and survive jumps in packs of 30 porcupines in 4 damage mods maps.
• Built-in mini Headhunter effect
• Completely off-meta in 3.10/3.11 - can benefit from lower prices at leaguestart.
I did not try to artificially inflate the DPS at the expense of defenses - The build balances clear speed, defenses and single target DPS to carry you through juiced up map content at lightning speed.
Build stats & capabilities with high-end gear (100-150Ex)
• Must like Flicker Strike playstyle and tolerate its inconveniences (hectic movement, potential sync issues, the occasional "random death" due to flickering back into a death zone). First thing you should do before rolling this character is to check if gameplay suits you : try it out with a 4L on low lvl mobs (acts).
• Weak against degen zones and effects which ignore your evasion ( poison pools, burning ground, sirus quad-beam...). You will have to manually avoid those.
• For the reasons above, it's not the best boss killer ever - Flicker makes it hard to dodge shit. The hardest fights in the game (Sirus, Uber Elder..) will require a gem swap to Cyclone. That said, you'll still be able to facetank and destroy within seconds map bosses, conquerors and guardians without any gem swap, so it's not that bad.
• The single target DPS needs a bit of gear to really ramp up. With only the starter gear, you'll need 20-30sec to kill T16 map bosses. With the 20ex gear, most will go down in less than 10sec.
Build budget and requirements - Read first!
The build is a fire damage melee build based on the Oro's Sacrifice unique sword and the Impresence (fire) amulet, which are the only required uniques:
A 2ex budget is usually more than enough to purchase your 6L Oro's (equippable at lvl 67) and your amulet along a basic set of rares to begin mapping. This very basic setup already scales quite hard with extra passives and will be able to handle T16s with a few levels.
The build will then scale up to a budget of 100ex+. The scaling will come from a large number of well-chosen rares, including cluster jewels and influenced mods.
This guide assumes you have good game knowledge, know how to use Path of Building (PoB) and tinker around with options.
If you already made it up to lvl 90 with a previous character, but struggled in red-tier maps - this build is for you. It is designed to shine in maps, and will carry you to T16s with even a very moderate budget (2-5ex ish).
SSF variant : A Fire Impresence is for sure not on the menu on SSF. But if you like the flicker playstyle and would like to try SSF with this build, a physical variant is entirely viable. The important downside is that without Oro's, you can't ramp-up frenzies against single targets and will need to gem swap to Cyclone for high HP bosses.
I did all content and pushed to 100 with my SSF character Nurya_SSF in Harvest league. See the build variants section for POB and some advice.
Tree & Gem setup overview
This section is intented for quick reference only. See the Build Mechanics and Gearing up section for detailed advice about progressing your character.
Here's what your endgame tree will look like :
Flicker Strike - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Elemental Damage with attacks -
Close Combat - Combustion (or Fortify before your corrupted Oro's)
Alternative main link - Cyclone (Sirus, Uber Elder...)
Cyclone - Pulverise - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Penetration - Immolate - Close Combat OR Infused Channeling (Ideal, but requires recoloring)
Totems for bossing:
Ancestrall Protector - (Vaal) Ancestral Warchief - Multiple totems - Combustion - Elemental Damage with attacks - Ruthless (6th L)
Flesh&Stone (Sand Stance) | Anger | Flammability - Blasphemy
CWDT - Steelskin - Increased Duration | Vaal Grace
Put this setup on a 4L for Increased Duraction to benefit Vaal Grace.
Immortal Call instead of Steelskin works fine too, just check you are ramping-up end charges quickly enough to be worth it.
While pushing to 100, I found that this CWDT setup is actually barely needed once you get 95% evade chance, its very rare to get hit twice within those 2-3 sec of activation. If you feel comfortable enough, you can ditch it to fit a Portal or an Enlighten gem.
Leap Slam - Faster attacks - Blood Magic
Blood Magic does wonders in no regen/Baran's runes map, if you find yourself at 0 mana for whatever reason, you can just leap slam back into a pack to leech some back.
Put it on your left mouse button so you'll activate it every off cooldown when you move, without having to press an extra button. If you have an extra gem slot, you can link it with Second Wind to reduce its cooldown.
How does it work? Main link : Flicker Strike
Flicker Strike - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Elemental Damage with attacks -
Close Combat - Combustion
Flicker TP's you next to a nearby enemy and attacks it. Supporting it with Melee splash and Multistrike will allow us to jump from pack to pack and destroying them on hit, clearing entire maps at breathtaking speed. The last 3 supports bring as much damage as possible to the equation.
Frenzy charge generation to sustain flicker: The downside of Flicker Strike is that it consumes 1 frenzy charge each cast to bypass its 2sec cooldown. This build will generate them extremely quickly, both from our Ascendancy and from the Oro's unique modifier, which gives us one frenzy each time we ignite an enemy. With >90% ignite chance and 3hits per Flicker thanks to multistrike, frenzies are not gonna be an issue - even against single targets.
And as a bonus, this lovely sword comes with up to 820 fire DPS !
How does it work? – Defensive layers
Evasion: The blind aura from Flesh&Stone, coupled with your ascendancy and a couple of DEX bases will be enough to get to 90%+ evade chance (hard capped at 95% chance).
You need around 2200 Evasion on gear to get 95% evade without anything else, its a good endgame target but not necessarily very easy to get.
I recommend you to spend 2 passives to spec Survivalist while you are working on it. The extra 15% all resists is a nice bonus as well while working on your gear.
Dodge and Spell Dodge: Our second defensive layer, coming from the Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics keystone, plus our Quartz Flask for 50% Dodge and 40% Spell Dodge. Pressing Vaal Grace will temporarily boost these numbers to their 75%/75% cap for 10 seconds (with Inc. Duration) - use it preventively in dicey situations.
Phys reduction: The build uses 3 endurance charges and a Basalt Flask to get to 30% phys reduction. Along with the Fortify effect, this layer is here to prevent a one shot when a big physical hit finally goes through (metamorph, boss slam...)
Fortify: We generate the effect through the Fortify gem on the main link on a starter budget, and later on thanks to a well-chosen "Supported by lvl 10 fortify" corruption on our Oro's. Thanks to our passives, we buff the fortify effect by 20% for an overall 24% reduced damage from hits. Which makes our 6000HP pool (endgame) equivalent to 7900 without Fortify. Yeah, that's quite good.
Life pool: We do not pick a whole lot of increased life on the tree (+120-150%), but can make up for it thanks to numerous jewel slots and no mandatory uniques without life rolls. Take special care to only pick rares with excellent life rolls (T1/T2) to maintain an high life pool - you want at least 5500HP total once reaching T14+ maps.
Life insurance: CWDT + Steelskin + Increased Duration will provide a good backup when shit hits the fan, basically granting you extra HP to survive a burst of damage. You can keep this setup at lvl 16-17 on a 4500HP pool (white, yellow maps) and raise it to lvl 20 when you reach 5500HP+.
As an emergency button, Vaal Grace will raise both Dodge & Spell Dodge from 50% to 75% for an overall 50% all damage reduction. Use it preventively when you suspect high incoming damage (facetanking juiced up metamorph or map boss, screen full of mobs in deep delirium...). Put it on the same link than your Steelskin to also benefit from Increased Duration, raising duration to 10sec.
Endurance charge generation:
3.11 change :
Generated with the Smashing Strikes annoint for 10% chance to get one on crit (yeah, it actually works any weapon!). With some gear the build gets close to 4 cast/second with 75%+ chance to crit, so the annoint can generate up to 1 endurance charge/second.
Flasks: To complement our defensive layers we will use 2 defensive flasks : Basalt + Quartz. We will roll them to also grant us Freeze and Curse immunity, which can prevent a lot of unecessary deaths in juiced up maps.
We will start by using up a Life Flask with bleed immunity in our 3th flask slot, before replacing it later with a Bottled Faith + Corrupted Blood immunity jewel.
How does it work? – DPS scaling
This build deals 100% Fire Melee Attack damage using a 2H sword and will scale with bonuses related to those tags (Melee, Fire, Elemental, Attack, Two-hand...). In particular, buffs to Physical damage will not apply.
Overview: we will scale the high base fire damage on our Oro’s Sacrifice with :
- Anger Aura to bring even more flat damage
- A lot of increased damage / increased fire damage from tree and cluster jewels
- A shitload of Fire penetration (Up to -128% enemy fire resistance!)
- A lot of crit scaling from tree and cluster jewels
- Enough accuracy to cap our hit chance to 100%
- Onslaught with +100% effect thanks to ascendancy
- More multipliers from 6-7 Frenzy charges
- A 7th link through a well chosen Oro's corruption ("Socketed gems are supported by lvl 10 Fortify") once you'll have a few exalts to invest.
We will use both Anger and Flammability-Blasphemy as offensive auras, the latter coming at 0% mana reservation thanks to our Impresence Amulet.
Cluster notables: The build will use some Cluster jewels in the higher budget versions to optimise the DPS/passive point, gain life/mana leech and get a corpse destruction mechanism. The latter is a very strong defensive tool, as it will prevent a lot of on death effects from triggering off. Do not fear the porcupines!
Here are the notables we are specifically interested in :
As we are using a 2H, we will be able to play with a 2nd 6Linked skill in our chest. In our case, we will use a totem setup to boost our single target damage against bosses:
Ancestrall Protector - (Vaal) Ancestral Warchief - Multiple totems - Elemental Damage with attacks - Ruthless - Combustion (6th L)
These 3 totems will both buff you for a very significant DPS boost (40%+) and bring significant DPS on their own (600k+ shaper DPS per totem). At the end of the day, they will grant you close to 100% MORE single target damage!
6Linking your chest will however be a low priority compared to a lot of other stuff, so use a 5L (Jeweller's touch) to begin with. See gearing section.
Totems are very important for decent single target DPS with starter gear, do not skip them!
Fire penetration scaling:
We will use numerous sources of Fire Pen to get monster's resistance deep into the negative values, allowing us to reach insane DPS numbers.
-23% from tree + Master of Fire (cluster jewel)
-15% from our Wise Oak flask (be sure to have Fire res as your highest one)
-45% from Flammability
-20% from Combustion
And as we start to gear up a little bit, we will add on top of that :
- 15% from a Watcher's Eye
- 9% from a Warlord's Helmet
For a total potential reduction of -128% of enemy fire resistance! Some of the toughest enemies will be partially immune to some of these effects (Hexproof, 40% bonus elemental resistance...) but their resistance is still gonna be annihilated.
As for all crit builds, the most important item to scale up crit will be our trusted Diamond Flask. Then, as our budget goes up, we will progressively add up an Elder Chest with extra base crit and a Bottled Faith Sulphur Flask.
Strike skills target one additional enemy : This effect will come either from the Tribal Fury notable, or from a influenced modifier on Hunter's Gloves once you have the cash (having both is overkill).
As we use the Melee Splash support, an additional strike on a nearby enemy will also splash on our main target for 60% of our damage.
This mean we actually get a 60% MORE DPS modifier from this effect as long as they are several enemies in range, which happens surprisingly often (packs, tanky Delirium rares, boss adds, twinned bosses...).
Granted, it wont boost your POB numbers against Shaper or Sirus, but in real life this is extremely effective and well worth the investment.
How does it work? – Sustaining Life and Mana
As seen above, the build uses the cluster jewel notables Feed the Fury and Fuel the Fight as sources of life/mana leech. As long as we do not have them on a cluster, we can pick from the tree :
- life leech from Blood Drinker - Be sure to annoint Frenetic closeby as well (7 passives)
- one node on the Essence Sap wheel if for mana leech (1 passive)
If you want something less passive intensive, you can spec one small node below Vaal pact for both mana+life leech (3 passives)
Important - mana sustain: As you gear up and reach unethical attack speeds thanks to your 6-7 frenzy charges and onslaught, you will eventually notice that your mana leech will start to bottleneck your DPS on single targets. You'll typically encounter this issue after your third ascendancy, and then again when you get your corrupted Oro's (which raises the cost per flicker from 57 to 68).
The best way to fix this issue is to craft a -10mana cost on one, then both your rings (Elreon’s mod, prefix, you might need a crafting service).
Another cheap but less optimal way to fix it on a budget/at leaguestart is to spend 2 extra passives to spec Essence Sap.
Improving life sustain: Given the build very high clear speed, I find the mod “x% life recovered on kill” from Elder Chest to be super strong as a complement once you want to tackle more challenging content like 80% delirious T16 maps. See gearing section.
Recommended Pantheon / Bandits / Enchants
Pantheon: Lunaris/Garukhan synergize well with the build for mapping. Nothing wrong to swap it for other options though, it's only minor buffs.
Bandits: Alira is the best choice for leveling and on starter gear. Once your have access to better items and no longer have resists issues, 2 passives points (kill All) will net slightly better results - use the vendor recipe to swap your choices.
• Best helmet enchant is 9% Flicker Strike damage/frenzy, which will net you 63% increased damage on 7 frenzies. 40% increased damage is good value as well.
• Several boot enchants are very nice for the build, so I'd suggest to use your divine fonts on them. Flat Fire damage or Attack speed if you killed recently are both good for mapping, Movespeed if not hit is always great, and extra Spell Dodge or 80% stun avoidance are very good if you like running super rippy delirious maps. Finally, extra Elemental Damage Penetration if you have not killed recently is excellent for bossing.
=> While nice, these enchants remain entirely optional. Don't waste time or money chasing them if you do not yet have a multi-ex item equipped in every slot.
GEAR AND TREE PROGRESSION
If it's your first league character and only have a 4L to level with, I recommend you to use Frost Blades : Frost Blades - Onslaught - Ancestral Call - Added Cold Damage.
Swap out Ancestral Call for Ruthless in boss fights for more DPS.
Onslaught can be later replaced by Elemental Damage with Attacks if colors are more convenient, or once you get your first Silver Flask.
Add Herald of Ice and Flesh and Stone auras as you unlock them
All these gems are unlocked very early (Act1 for main link - don't forget all gems can be purchased from Siosa in the Library area from ActIII) and will carry you to the Blood Aqueducts (Act 9) without much issues on SSF gear. Use the best physical 1H or 2H swords you can grab for maximum damage. At lvl 44, you can buy a Rigwald's Charge 2H sword for a couple alchs if you want to feel more comfortable.
The new Enduring Cry is extremely good if you spec the Call To Arm keystone (once instant, put it on your left click to activate it off cd any time you move). The Tribal Fury notable is also very powerful if you use Frost Blades.
Basic lvl 40ish leveling tree : www.poeurl.com/cSSj
You can also consider skills like Cyclone or Bladestorm if they have your preference. If you have access to a Tabula, you can use Flicker Strike from lvl 28, but you will lack damage with only a 4L.
Once in the Blood Aqueducts (first Act 9 zone), farm up to lvl 67 and do a few chaos recipes. Congrats, you can now equip your Oro's Sacrifice, respec the few leveling passives you do not need anymore and start owning :D
Gearing-up - Getting started (Lvl 67 - 2Ex budget)
Suggested lvl 70 tree: www.poeurl.com/cTEz
What to buy/do:
• your Oro's Sacrifice(5c). Choose one with >800 elemental DPS.
• A corrupted 6Linked-chest featuring some life and resists (80+ life, 50resist is fine - 30c)
• 2-10c gear on all the other slots, should have T1/T2 life and cap your resists, and give you the Strenght (155 for totems) and Intelligence (114 for Blasphemy) you need. DEX bases are ideal, but we will use mostly red sockets - so STR/DEX are a good choice to avoid painful offcoloring.
• Jewel up, link and color appropriately your stuff to set up your gems properly
• Totems links are unimportant at this stage, but don't skip them - they are key for single target DPS on starter gear. Just get a Jeweller’s touch to 5L your totem setup, it's more than enough at this stage.
• Set up your flasks
• Run merciless and eternal lab. Wait to have 4200-4500HP for the latter.
• Save up for your Impresence. It will only be 10c or less after a few weeks, but might get to 2ex+ in the first days of a new league. Be sure to take the fire version!
League start : While saving up for Impresence, any rare amulet with 80 life/30 crit multi/some resists will do the job just fine.
Useful budget uniques : Tabula Rasa; Belly of the Beast; Starkonja's Head; Worldcarver. Consider one of these only if you can fix your resists/INT/STR on your other slots.
What to expect:
• Should be enough to progress your atlas to red-tier maps at a fast pace. T16s on a Tabula are manageable with some levels, but require attention to map mods and are a bit rippy.
Gearing-up – Getting to endgame (Lvl 80-90 – 5Ex budget)
Suggested lvl 80 tree: www.poeurl.com/cTEE
What to buy/do:
• Progress your atlas and level up. The build scales very well with each extra levels. Don't engage in too rippy content yet for this reason.
• Get Hunter’s gloves with “Strike skills target 1 additional enemy nearby” (1Ex – +60% DPS against packs). You can unspec the 4 passives leading to Tribal Fury once you get it.
• Get your 2 main cluster jewels. Important notables are Feed the Fury and Fuel the Fight for the large one (8passives, 2 sockets), Master of Fire + Cremator + Jewel socket for the medium one (4 or 5 passives).
• Get enough resists to change from Alira to 2 passive points.
• Get a collection of %increased max life, crit multi and increased damage jewels (50c each)
• Get additional Accuracy on rings/gloves – Ideally 400ish. Check your hit chance is still 100%.
• Get a Watcher’s eye with 14-15% Fire Damage Pen while affected by Anger (1Ex - +12% DPS)
• If 6linked Oro's happen to be cheap (50c-ish), get one at this stage in order to improve your chest piece. This was the case in Metamorph and Delirium leagues.
What to expect:
• Should be enough to handle T16s quite comfortably and start generate currency at a very reasonable pace
Gearing-up – Scale that up! (Lvl 90-95 – 20Ex Budget)
Suggested lvl 95 tree: www.poeurl.com/cTEq (Add 11 points for your large & medium cluster Jewel)
What to buy/do:
• Save up for a corrupted Oro’s with the Fortify Corruption, and get a crafter to 6L it (5-6Ex, +20% DPS AND +20% survability, huuuge upgrade!)
• Get an Elder STR or STR/DEX chest piece with flat crit chance and %life recovered on kill (5-10Ex, +15%DPS). 6Link is not a priority yet. If you are ready to spend a couple thousands chromes offcoloring, a DEX base is ideal.
• Purchase lvl 21/20 gems and Awakened Melee Splash / Ele damage with attacks (70c-100c each)
• Purchase a Warlord’s helmet with 9% Fire Pen (1-2Ex, +7% DPS)
• Look up for opportunities to grab good cluster jewels. You want Feed the Fury and Fuel the fight on a large one with 2 jewels sockets, and Cremator + Cooked Alive on a medium one.
• Inspired learning (2-3Ex)- Comes at a very moderate opportunity cost as our build do not go out of his way to spec the required notables.
• Get Vermillion bases and fertile catalysts for your rings to boost those HP up
• Once you have good rings, craft the -10 to mana cost (prefix slot) on them and replace your Essence Sap annoint by Frenetic.
Obviously, on top of that you'll still have to keep high life rolls, capped resists and enough Str/Int ! It's a min/maxing game after all ;D
What to expect:
• Strong enough for Simulacrum 20/20 or pushing deep delirium in T14+ maps for 5/3/1 or even 6/4/2 rewards. You will reach 4-5M DPS in clearing (including splash from gloves) and 4M on single targets (including totems), which will be enough to cut through conquerors in seconds.
• Enough for ilvl86 bases farming in juiced up T19 maps
• The build is now mostly complete and can do pretty much all game content
Gearing-up – Sky is the limit! (Lvl 95+ - 100Ex+ budget)
What to buy/do:
• A double "perfect" large cluster setup featuring 2x Surefooted Striker, Fuel the Fight, Feed the Fury, 2x other good notables and 4x jewels sockets is more efficient that any DPS option you'll find on the tree. Could be expensive in 3.11
• Bottled Faith (15-25Ex, +25% DPS). Replaces your life flask, get a corrupted blood immunity jewel to keep up this bleed immunity.
• A 2-stat Watcher’s Eye (Fire Pen + Crit multi with Anger or Precision) (20-30Ex, +10%DPS)
• +1Strike and +1Frenzy gloves from Awakener Orb crafting (20Ex - +10% DPS)
• Awakened multistrike support(45Ex, +10% DPS)
• Tailwind boots
• 6L your chest for totems
• A second 6L corrupted Oro’s to switch to a 3,5M+ DPS Cyclone on weapon swap – because, why not?
• %increased life, AS/incDmg and 2x crit multi jewels (8-10Ex each, +3-4% DPS each)
• Headhunter, Tailwind + Elusive boots, Assassin's Mark ring + Extra Curse chest...
Examples of excellent endgame gear for this build :
Legacy Harvest Deluxe special edition : https://pastebin.com/S6GNv2YD - 6100HP, 20M shaper DPS
This extremely min/maxed version made available only thanks to the very strong Harvest crafting options features :
- more than 25M DPS in map clear, enough to easily solo 100% delirious T16s
- more than 20M shaper DPS (more than double than what is featured in the videos...)
- 6100HP, 95% evade chance, 50-65% dodge, 58-73% spell dodge (elusive effect)
- capped chaos resist
- 180% flaskless increased movespeed, up to 240% with all effects
Most likely entirely non-obtainable without Harvest crafts being reintroduced into the game, but can give you ideas to push the build with mirror gear.
Choosing rares - stats to look for
This section will help you to choose between different rares once you start to min/max your character with expensive pieces.
The values below are indicative only and will change for your own character, so when in doubt, refer to your own POB !
Defensive stats :
+500 Evasion: +4% evade chance - huge boost, but caps a 95% evade chance. You'll need approx 2200 evasion rating on gear to reach the cap
+500 Armour: +1% Phys reduction, almost useless
+20 Life (on gear): +60 Total HP
+5% Increased Max Life = +100 Total HP
Offensive stats :
+10% Global Accuracy Rating: +3,9% DPS (if not yet at 100% hit chance)
+100 Accuracy: +1,8% DPS (if not yet at 100% hit chance)
The 100% hit chance cap will be achieved with roughly +700-750 Accuracy on your gear if you stick to the suggested tree.
+10% critical strike multiplier: +2% DPS
+5% Fire Penetration: +4% DPS
+10% increased damage (Fire, Elemental, Melee, with Swords, with 2H...): +1,4% DPS
+10% critical strike chance: +0,9% DPS
+5% Attack Speed: +1.5% DPS (beware of mana issues!)
OTHER NOTES AND ADVICE
Should I leaguestart with this build?
Here is the basic leaguestarting plan :
-Get to lvl 60 & act 9 on a random 4L (frost blades, cyclone...)
-Farm Blood Aqueducts for lvl 67 and do a few chaos recipes
-Purchase an unlinked Oro's (couple c) and a few basic rares
-Do a few more chaos recipe to purchase a Tabula or a corrupted 6L
-Finish act 10, do your third lab
-Start white and yellow maps, do your 4th lab and reach lvl 80
So far, so good. But to progress to red-tier maps, we will now need our Impresence, which is an Elder drop. While only 2c-ish late in the league, it will be very rare and 2Ex+ in the first week.
Same for our cluster jewels : with Delirium not being the main league anymore, they are likely to be more rare, and costly at first.
=> If you only intend to play 4-5h/day in the first week, and get to red-tier maps in week 2, you will be fine and should progress smoothly
=> If you want to go all-in and try to kill Uber Elder day 2, consider another leaguestarter. You are likely to be held back by the unavailability of some key items in the first days of the league.
General advice for playing the build
Filter: Use a very strict filter with a flicker build, you don’t want to stop every cast to pick up a jeweller’s. I personally only stop to pick stuff worth 1c or more, except for the loot explosion at the end of the map during which I will also pick up smaller currencies (alchs, GCPs, scours, chisels..)
Cyclone as a back-up skill:
The very same tree/gear also scale Cyclone by a lot, up to 4MDPS shaper DPS with my current gear. Ideal gem set-up requires some recoloring (see POB), but it also works fine with your default Flicker’s colors (Cyclone - Pulverise - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Penetration - Immolate - Close Combat).
This will be useful when tackling content which absolutely requires precise positioning, such as Sirus or Uber Elder.
Cyclone is also inherently safer than Flicker, if a bit slower. This can be useful if you want to push for high levels (92+).
Obviously, once rich enough, you can have a second corrupted Oro’s on weapon swap with your cyclone set up.
Know your limits : Flicker strike feels godly the minute you start one-shotting everything. However, if you try to tackle hard content for your current DPS, you will find yourself jumping back and forth a lot, exposing you to lingering AoEs and the like. If you want to try something very difficult for your gear (let’s say a 100% delirium juiced up T16), Cyclone will generally feel safer than Flicker Strike.
Map mods and levelling up past 92-95
Map mods you cannot do:
• Elemental damage reflect
• Cannot leech life/mana
Map mods you should not do (too rippy):
• -12% max elemental resistances
• Area contain patches of shocked ground (that increases damage taken by 50% !)
Map mods which significantly reduce your DPS:
• Elemental Equilibrium (everything will get +50% fire res after the first hit)
• +40% Monster Elemental Resistance
• Monsters are Hexproof
I'd recommend to avoid combinations of several of those - It's not that you can't do the map, but it might become a bit tedious if you are undergeared.
Pushing for high levels:
When trying to push for high levels (let's say past 92), I also recommend you to be really careful with the following things:
• You are relatively squishy when you enter a new area (no fortify, 30% evade from onslaught, end charges etc...). Be careful not to get shotgunned to death at the first door of the map!
• Get some chaos resist for lvl 95+. +20% is perfectly fine.
• Focus on having 100% flask uptime in maps with curses. Vulnerability or Ele weakness are deadly!
• Sextant modifier "maps contain cluster of mysterious barrels", some explode and are deadly in 100% increased AoE maps
• Metamorphs and Legions in maps with Beyond, if you are unlucky you can spawn 10 rares at the same time with overlapping auras and get suddendly one-shotted.
From lvl 98+, I also recommend to you to use an alt to run rippy content (Sirus A8, Uber Elder, Cortex, waves 19-20 of Simulacrum...) while you push for lvl 100.
As stated above, Flicker Strike is not a safe skill. You WILL eventually jump back into a pack of bearers you half-slaughtered, of right next to an Ice Nova strongbox you just activated. Take note of your mistakes/overconfidence and don't repeat them when xp matters.
In 3.11 Harvest, I managed to lvl up to 100 in juiced up T14+ maps at Awakening lvl 8 applying the guidelines above.
Can this build do content XYZ?
To elaborate a bit more, flicker can indeed make your life difficult when precise positioning is key. But even in a worst case scenario, you are only a gem swap away (or a weapon swap away, once wealthy) from transitioning to a Cycloner with multi-million shaper DPS and above average survability.
I completed all difficult challenges in delirium with this one and only character, including Sirus AL8, Uber Elder and 100% Delirious juiced up T16. Simulacrum 20/20 will be a joke.
2 Ex Budget, lvl 90 POB : https://pastebin.com/2FVMZcs2 - 5400 HP, 1.6M regular boss DPS.
20Ex budget, lvl 95 POB : https://pastebin.com/59VhBJMH - 5900HP, 4M shaper DPS
120Ex budget, lvl 98 POB : https://pastebin.com/U7g1x75E - 6300HP, 12M shaper DPS
(DPS number against bosses include your totems)
To simulate boss DPS, select "Boss" or "Shaper" in the config, and activate your totems. Add your totems DPS to your flicker strike DPS.
To simulate map clear DPS, select "Not a boss" in the config, deactivate your totems (you won't keep them up), and multiply your flicker strike DPS by +60% to take into account the Splash overlap from Melee Splash & +1 Strike gloves (or Tribal Fury notable)
This POB was created on the POB Community Fork, v220.127.116.11
Be sure to use this fork to have proper calculation for Close Combat and Multistrike supports, among other things. Download it from here : https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding
3.12 build changes :
No big change for the build in Heist, the only noticeable thing being Enduring Cry receiving a (well-deserved) nerf.
I therefore proceeded to the following changes :
- I reverted the recommended annoint to Smashing Strikes (yeah, it works with swords!) to generate those endurance charges
- Enduring Cry is replaced by Infernal Cry (up to 20% more dmg), which makes up for the loss of Frenetic, our previous annoint
- Recommended movement skill is now Leap Slam with Blood Magic, its very convenient in maps with Baran's runes
- Slight tree changes
Alternate ascendancies and build variants
This build can also perform well as a Slayer or a Berseker. These 2 ascendancies will allow for a massive damage boost (40-50% more damage), but they will have to sacrifice a lot of evade chance for it (50%ish instead of 95%).
This means you will no longer feel invulnerable against regular attacks, as they will hit you 50% of the time instead of 5% => 10x more damage taken.
That said, it should not be too much as an issue if you have enough damage to kill anything before they have a chance to retaliate.
I therefore would recommend to only consider these ascendancies if you plan to invest 10ex+ in the build. That should be around the time you can start to one-shot almost everything in high tier maps. You are likely to feel much more vulnerable until then.
To keep up the Onslaught buff, replace your Wise Oak by a Cinderswallow Urn.
Here's an example of a Slayer version of the build in map clear scenario : https://pastebin.com/Dcegw7ar
SSF variant :
Disclaimer : written during Harvest which made good rares easy to craft. As for all builds, progression will most likely get harder without harvest crafting.
In SSF, I recommend not to try to use Oro's as most of the powerful scaling options will be very hard/completely impossible to get (Fire Impresence, Fortify corruption...). Even getting an Oro's and 6linking it might prove very difficult.
However, a physical variant of the build using Impale to scale the damage will work very well. Get the best phys weapon you can (Terminus Est is a good start) and use the Impaler keystone to apply your 5 impales on the first hit. We keep the very solid defensive layers and speed of the build for excellent farming capability even with average gear (I was running through T16s at +150% movespeed on a Tabula with 4200HP).
The downside is that the single target frenzy generation is much worse, you will want to swap to cyclone for high HP targets (guardians and endgame bosses).
Here's a POB of my main Harvest character 2weeks into Harvest league, with kills of Elder, Shaper, and Sirus A8 : https://pastebin.com/qSxKc7W2, 5100HP, 3M-ish shaper DPS.
Last edited by Heinarc on Sep 17, 2020, 5:35:51 PM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2020, 11:48:27 AM
on Apr 18, 2020, 1:28:30 PM
looks promising! definitely going to try this out
on Apr 18, 2020, 3:59:51 PM
JUst added a gameplay clip, which should be a testament to the build speed and power : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1gFj1Y4tE
(Juiced up T16 promenade, 4x sextants, AL7)
Last edited by Heinarc on Apr 19, 2020, 11:31:08 AM
on Apr 19, 2020, 11:30:53 AM
Looks like a pretty well-written guide.
I've been trying to make a flicker build for the past few days and I mainly try to stick to other people's guides and ideas as they have more experience, but this league very few people seem to be playing standalone Flicker builds.
I started with my Assassin, which got switched to Trickster as it seems to have better synergy with Flicker. I got to 15 mil+ dps on PoB using cluster jewels, and even though it was indeed kinda squishy, the main issue was Frenzy charge generation. Using Saviour was amusing, but I guess even your build won't work without Oro's Sacrifice. I just don't know if the Raider's frenzy charge on hit is a must when it comes to single target, because I couldn't make it work using my Trickster.
For Close Combat Support, you should be able to calculate it using the "melee distance to enemy" option in PoB config.
on Apr 19, 2020, 3:03:33 PM
do we need enlighten gem? not enough mana for all auras..
edit: nvm im stupid realized i bought amulet with the wrong aura
Last edited by TYZILLA1 on Apr 19, 2020, 6:57:01 PM
on Apr 19, 2020, 6:51:37 PM
can you check my pob and see what i can do to get my dps / life up. Im about 2mil short from your dps but i havent set up the totems yet & about 1k less life. I ran a few test maps and survivability doesnt seem like an issue so id like to just get my dps up as much as possible from this point on
on Apr 19, 2020, 8:39:05 PM
These Saviour builds usually opt for a Farrul's Fur to help with Frenzies, and Awakened Multistrike might also help by adding a 4th strike as an extra opportunity to generate a charge.
The downside is that the entry ticket of this kind of gear (Saviour + Paradoxica + Farrul's Fur + Awakened Multistrike) is not really on the cheap side of things. I might POB a variant and feature it as an alternative version though, I would be interested if you could PM me your own POB :D
Issue with Close Combat calculation in POB is solved. Use the latest community fork version!
I see you already equipped some pretty gear :D
From what I can see, you are still missing a Watcher's Eye with Anger Fire Pen (Crit Multi from Anger or Precision as a costly bonus) and probably lack some Accuracy to cap your hit chance. Check your POB to see if allocating Eagle Eye could give you a DPS boost.
An Inspired Learning won't increase POB numbers, but it will feel like a large power increase in this build which excels in juiced up maps. I'd say it is equivalent to a 15-20% DPS increase.
At last, review your POB for the following things :
-Is the Fire Pen from your helmet calculating correctly? I had to manually edit it in mine ("Damage Penetrates 9% Fire Resistance")
-Have you ticked "Enemy is intimated" (Master of Fear notable), "Enemy stands on consecrated ground" (Bottled Faith) and "Enemy is Ignited" (Oro's) in the config?
Last edited by Heinarc on Apr 21, 2020, 8:06:40 AM
on Apr 20, 2020, 6:04:59 AM
Added a few sections and cleaned the POB a bit.
Also added a Maze of the Minotaur run as a Speed/DPS benchmark : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajebFHOffJE
Map is cleared in 2:30, including getting in, looting and getting out. Boss is DPSed down in a bit less than 4sec, so actual DPS is about 8M shaper DPS here (this Guardian has 32M HP according to the wiki, and no map mods are affecting his health pool. My gear was not entirely maxed out yet).
I now consider this guide more or less finished, but would appreciate to know what you guys think!
Last edited by Heinarc on Apr 24, 2020, 8:55:18 AM
on Apr 24, 2020, 8:55:00 AM
Trying out this build. Got a oro and the amulet so far. Wondering how good is it with sim within a 15-20ex budget.
on May 2, 2020, 12:17:53 AM
For those who are looking to level with this build, I will add some tips. Use Daresso's passion and shark dance for perma frenzy through levelling. I literally killed stuff while moving lol. Here is my levelling setup that I am using from lvl 1.
on May 2, 2020, 9:19:37 AM