Stop listening to reddit

I really mean this. Literally everything that reddit seemed to have reported so far barring performance and bugs is pure bullshit and has ruined everything that was fun about this game.

Reddit complained that rewards from delirium were bad. This was complete bs. I was able to make a LOT of currency out of delirium content and I can still do that. Regular delirium mirrors found in maps were sufficiently rewarding considering you could do them every single map. Delirium orbs were and still are by far the most rewarding mechanism of all time and you should have taken that into consideration before giving away free loot in regular maps.

In consequence, delirium league is the most rewarding league by FAR and nothing literally comes close.

Reddit complained that tornado shot was doing too well. You nerfed tornado shot's damage, capability of clear, enchant. Basically everything this skill had going for it. It turned out that single target damage was high due to a fork bug achievable by rigwald's quills. You then nerfed secondary projectiles travel distance for some god damn reason I can't understand. THEN you buffed the health of all monsters in the game.

Result? Tornado shit is the worst bow skill you can possibly use in the game right now for literally any build. Elemental builds have ice shot / lightning arrow. Physical builds can use rain of arrows for significantly better effect and with much less investment. Poison builds have dedicated skills such as toxic rain and scourge arrow.

Tornado shot could have been a decent skill if it weren't for the last nerf regarding projectile travel distance. Now it sucks at everything by default.
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2020, 7:16:06 PM
i think ggg should pay more attention to offical forum rather than reddit.

its quite ironic that so many questions were answered on reddit.
Don't force yourself to play hyped builds.
"
demonstorm wrote:
Tornado shot could have been a decent skill if it weren't for the last nerf regarding projectile travel distance. Now it sucks at everything by default.

Well, don't play Tornado shot until it's buffed again. You've had some great success this league with Rain of Arrows :o)

All jokes aside, I absolutely second your motion not to pay too much attention to the most popular subreddit anymore. I find it increasingly difficult to spot constructive proposals amongst all the lazy memes and outright whining.
[Removed by Support]

just look through their latest post of how scripting could improve the player experience.

"is it illegal"? lol, YES

if you read the comments you get right to the ethical bottom of fair gaming, cheaters, scripters, bot lovers, crackers and call to action to hack the game cause playing infair is soo much better than having to struggle with "unfair" ingame mechanics.

[Removed by Support]

i really don't understand why ggg loves these forums.

--

edit after ggg's edit spree: did you actually go there and read some of the stuff?
how do you feel moderating these forums to absolute cleanliness while your anonymous players there call for action to destroy your game unmoderated and your bosses like to give those forums more attention than the fair playing folks here?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
Last edited by vio on Apr 19, 2020, 7:21:46 AM
poe likes 3rd party forums/sites and they don't care about the main site that much i guess
"
Reddit complained that rewards from delirium were bad. This was complete bs. I was able to make a LOT of currency out of delirium content and I can still do that. Regular delirium mirrors found in maps were sufficiently rewarding considering you could do them every single map. Delirium orbs were and still are by far the most rewarding mechanism of all time and you should have taken that into consideration before giving away free loot in regular maps.
I've seen complaints about lack of rewards on this forum as well, and I never understand how this league could be perceived as unrewarding.

"
Reddit complained that tornado shot was doing too well. You nerfed tornado shot's damage, capability of clear, enchant. Basically everything this skill had going for it. It turned out that single target damage was high due to a fork bug achievable by rigwald's quills. You then nerfed secondary projectiles travel distance for some god damn reason I can't understand. THEN you buffed the health of all monsters in the game.
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum begged for TS nerfs as well, considering there's a topic asking for more survivability on the Ranger tree and there ended up being comments about how must better bows are compared to melee, etc. Even suggesting something modest like 10% more life on the tree seems to be an unpopular suggestion.
God its hard to put blame on the forum choice etc, but i must admit i ultimately ind it lacking judgement from the devs on multiple fronts.

It is almost like they don't learn from history, or they don't think very far. Say tornado shot, feedback from reddit if it is overpowered is okay. What they should have done then if when they found this bug or whatever, undone some of the nerfs.

They have been acting like this for all time. They might ignore feedback for year and be stubborn to address and suddenly they turn completely and put something in the ground multiple iterations in a row making you realize that tehy weren't protecting anything they just were taking inactiong and when they finally take the action they don't think it through or respect the player who likes this playstyle.

A few times in the games history there have been cullings of various kind to reduce something the devs feels were too much, and then it seems right after they completely forget they did that and go right ahead and completely overload the next leagues on the same factors they just crusaded against.

This types of ations are prevalent throughout GGG's dev history.

My current theory of what goes on at GGG is this: We start with them having stated themselves aiming for a not huge stable number of players and a small dev team. Now what we often complain about takes either better devs, or more people to handle - and i think out of respect for his crew chris isn't willing(understablable) to cull his own workers if he could get someone smarter, due to loyalty etc. But the end result is whoever is in charge and leading this small medium sized team they just don't have it in them apparently and it isn't gonna change because of company structure and loyalty to the people who made poe what it is. There are just too much lacking in care for game and respect for players throughout design, that it is clear it isn't an oversight to be corrected it's just what you get in poe this is the survival of the fittest what it made it today in the world and what we get at this point in time. Enough has been said over time that if they had payed attention to community and feedback from a lead design perspective we would never be where we are now. Now, we have them rewarding reddit scream-contest-culture with tons of dev responses and even shoutouts in patchnotes while they have retreated from their own forums. Sorry GGG but the truth is this is mediocrity.
Check out my "No Flashy ItemFilter" on account page, if you want a quality, simple, rich-colored filter that does not look like a rainbow took a dump all over your screen.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 19, 2020, 11:58:01 AM
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum begged for TS nerfs as well, considering there's a topic asking for more survivability on the Ranger tree and there ended up being comments about how must better bows are compared to melee, etc. Even suggesting something modest like 10% more life on the tree seems to be an unpopular suggestion.

There were justified requests to adjust TS in power. To be fair its still busted and rocking:

T17 100% Delirious map in full mf gear no headhunter with TS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idr56yWgg0
"
Crackmonster wrote:
God its hard to put blame on the forum choice etc, but i must admit i ultimately ind it lacking judgement from the devs on multiple fronts.

It is almost like they don't learn from history, or they don't think very far. Say tornado shot, feedback from reddit if it is overpowered is okay. What they should have done then if when they found this bug or whatever, undone some of the nerfs.

They have been acting like this for all time. They might ignore feedback for year and be stubborn to address and suddenly they turn completely and put something in the ground multiple iterations in a row making you realize that tehy weren't protecting anything they just were taking inactiong and when they finally take the action they don't think it through or respect the player who likes this playstyle.

A few times in the games history there have been cullings of various kind to reduce something the devs feels were too much, and then it seems right after they completely forget they did that and go right ahead and completely overload the next leagues on the same factors they just crusaded against.

This types of ations are prevalent throughout GGG's dev history.

My current theory of what goes on at GGG is this: We start with them having stated themselves aiming for a not huge stable number of players and a small dev team. Now what we often complain about takes either better devs, or more people to handle - and i think out of respect for his crew chris isn't willing(understablable) to cull his own workers if he could get someone smarter, due to loyalty etc. But the end result is whoever is in charge and leading this small medium sized team they just don't have it in them apparently and it isn't gonna change because of company structure and loyalty to the people who made poe what it is. There are just too much lacking in care for game and respect for players throughout design, that it is clear it isn't an oversight to be corrected it's just what you get in poe this is the survival of the fittest what it made it today in the world and what we get at this point in time. Enough has been said over time that if they had payed attention to community and feedback from a lead design perspective we would never be where we are now. Now, we have them rewarding reddit scream-contest-culture with tons of dev responses and even shoutouts in patchnotes while they have retreated from their own forums. Sorry GGG but the truth is this is mediocrity.

It’s not incompetence. It’s that horribly unbalanced games make more money because a large group of people want to play the OP, broken options and won’t bother with a game that requires too much decision-making or thought.

It’s also why GGG listens to Reddit: more people are there, popular Reddit posts are put on peoples’ feeds which gives them a massive audience, and PoE posts even show up for people who sub to other gaming forums. It’s amazing advertising and GGG can very publicly show they respond to player feedback that way.

It’s about profit, not game quality. And I don’t blame GGG in particular - the whole industry is really in a dark age right now in terms of designing games to be manipulative and predatory (not in a fun, mildly addicting sense but in a bleeding customers dry, unhealthily addictive sense), and game quality suffers while devs make very short-term decisions. In this context GGG could obviously be much worse.

By the way, we have every right to judge and criticize any product or entertainment media no matter how successful it is. We can understand the profit motive behind why creators make decisions and simultaneously point out those decisions have a negative impact on overall design or sense - this is the essence of criticism as a mode of thought.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
zzang wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:

There were justified requests to adjust TS in power. To be fair its still busted and rocking:

T17 100% Delirious map in full mf gear no headhunter with TS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idr56yWgg0

I once ran a 100% delirium T3 map just to get the challenge done and it was so difficult and kept killing my minions that I decided I would never do that shit again. If a TS build can run a 100% delirium T17, that seems pretty clear it's still very strong.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

Betrayal was the best league we had since Legacy. The reward agency is something this game needs, and will be sorely missed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info