Stop listening to reddit

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

I once ran a 100% delirium T3 map just to get the challenge done and it was so difficult and kept killing my minions that I decided I would never do that shit again. If a TS build can run a 100% delirium T17, that seems pretty clear it's still very strong.

Uh, if you would have tried with spectres and gem levels that u get for free nowadays left and right you would have finished a fully juiced T19 100% delirious map in the same time. Summoners are in really no position to complain honestly.

Its just that balance of this game boils down to clear win choices and crystal clear loser choices while melee being in the loser choice bracket.
Last edited by zzang on Apr 19, 2020, 1:00:44 PM
"
demonstorm wrote:

In consequence, delirium league is the most rewarding league by FAR and nothing literally comes close.

I made sure to check and yep, you weren't in for Legion. But you were here for Delve and Betrayal and I would say even those were more successful leagues even with the rng heavy focus.

Hell, even metamorph was "more rewarding" and unlike delirium you didn't have to worry about a timer or having to spend orbs and such.

Reward is generally a combination of the actual league rewards combined with how effective a player was said league. The delirium mechanic has basically had the same effect blight did - performance issues further degrading my already waning interest.

Shaper and Uber Elder were my favorite fights but are now gated behind so much extra work you're so likely to lose money those fights you're better off selling the frags unless you really have a lot to burn.

At least for me, Poe feels more and more like change just for the sake of change instead of long term improvement.

Yep, totally over league play.
"
demon9675 wrote:

It’s not incompetence. It’s that horribly unbalanced games make more money because a large group of people want to play the OP, broken options and won’t bother with a game that requires too much decision-making or thought.

It’s also why GGG listens to Reddit: more people are there, popular Reddit posts are put on peoples’ feeds which gives them a massive audience, and PoE posts even show up for people who sub to other gaming forums. It’s amazing advertising and GGG can very publicly show they respond to player feedback that way.

It’s about profit, not game quality. And I don’t blame GGG in particular - the whole industry is really in a dark age right now in terms of designing games to be manipulative and predatory (not in a fun, mildly addicting sense but in a bleeding customers dry, unhealthily addictive sense), and game quality suffers while devs make very short-term decisions. In this context GGG could obviously be much worse.

By the way, we have every right to judge and criticize any product or entertainment media no matter how successful it is. We can understand the profit motive behind why creators make decisions and simultaneously point out those decisions have a negative impact on overall design or sense - this is the essence of criticism as a mode of thought.

Well i can't say i disagree with you here, though i personally consider it incompetance in relation to delivering the best quality of gameplay which is i judge all games on - but that is just a matter of perspective. From a business perspective, maybe no. But PoE originally came out saying a game made by players for players, setting iself up to be judged from a quality standpoint.

EDIT: Actually it is also a matter of business incompetence any way you look at it. Yes they reached their desired model and surpassed it, but they could have been so much more. There is a reason poe doesn't have bigger player numbers and it is particularly because they neglect social aspect, quality of gameplay, polish, balance, too much bruteforce rng etc. All of these things that if you had a basic insight into human psychology you would know are integral to proper gameplay. A massive neglect of the realistic player experience, and too many issues and feedback ignored for too many years while sticking to principles based on their ideas which often prove to be bad on false assumptions when they make manifestos with their reasoning. Probably nearly all the biggest games of all times came up listening to feedback and making improvements to the game and quality of game and is based on good solid gameplay - this is where numbers come in.

Quality of gameplay is a requirement, the thing which often is cut to get greater numbers is depth. But you always need to make a good gameplay experience to get the numbers.

Check out my "No Flashy ItemFilter" on account page, if you want a quality, simple, rich-colored filter that does not look like a rainbow took a dump all over your screen.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 19, 2020, 3:42:10 PM
"
zzang wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum begged for TS nerfs as well, considering there's a topic asking for more survivability on the Ranger tree and there ended up being comments about how must better bows are compared to melee, etc. Even suggesting something modest like 10% more life on the tree seems to be an unpopular suggestion.

There were justified requests to adjust TS in power. To be fair its still busted and rocking:

T17 100% Delirious map in full mf gear no headhunter with TS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idr56yWgg0

Seems pretty meaningless without looking at the gear (its standard after all).
"
zzang wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum begged for TS nerfs as well, considering there's a topic asking for more survivability on the Ranger tree and there ended up being comments about how must better bows are compared to melee, etc. Even suggesting something modest like 10% more life on the tree seems to be an unpopular suggestion.

There were justified requests to adjust TS in power. To be fair its still busted and rocking:

T17 100% Delirious map in full mf gear no headhunter with TS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idr56yWgg0

You can replace TS with lightning arrow and clear the map 3 times faster without changing any piece of gear or gems. Besides that, standard. Your video is very misleading since standard is fill with broken crap.
Should ggg and the player base stop listening to Reddit? Maybe. I do think that there should be forums where constructive communication between the players and ggg exists.

I do think Delirium is extremely rewarding. I made more currency this league than any other. That said, Delirium is still one of my least favorite leagues. For me, it's not simply about rewards, but appropriate risk-reward interactions and meaningful game play. I think the power creep introduced with cluster jewels is insane and overall not good for the game. GGG has already made a number of questionable balance decisions in game, I can only hope future patches are not balanced around this new insane power creep.
Interchangeability, the ability that a subject can be replaced by another subject without affecting code using the subject

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/gctwf0/stop_listening_to_poe_official_forums/
"
Barzhal wrote:
the power creep introduced with cluster jewels is insane and overall not good for the game.

The power creep with Purposeful Harbinger Herald Stacking, you mean, which 100% would be nerfed in next patch.

I don't like Delirium, still, mechanically, because it's timed and map-wide. That's just too much pressure comparing to regular league mechanic which takes just the part of the map (and you can react to it by placing portal to get back after being killed).
"
Barzhal wrote:
Should ggg and the player base stop listening to Reddit? Maybe. I do think that there should be forums where constructive communication between the players and ggg exists.

I do think Delirium is extremely rewarding. I made more currency this league than any other. That said, Delirium is still one of my least favorite leagues. For me, it's not simply about rewards, but appropriate risk-reward interactions and meaningful game play. I think the power creep introduced with cluster jewels is insane and overall not good for the game. GGG has already made a number of questionable balance decisions in game, I can only hope future patches are not balanced around this new insane power creep.

this is kinda funny
in legion i had better random gear drops, stuff i rly could use for my builds but in delirium I seem to get more currency
best I had was 2 exalts on one map, maybe just pretty lucky who knows
"
ScoutAT wrote:
Interchangeability, the ability that a subject can be replaced by another subject without affecting code using the subject

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/gctwf0/stop_listening_to_poe_official_forums/

Strawman, A straw man (or strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info