Stop listening to reddit

But where would Bex otherwise claim that no changes would be made to specific mechanics during the league?!

And no, I don't play aurastackers.
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.

[3.10] Double DoT Toxic Rain Trapper: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2723890
[3.10] The Forgotten Gem - Stormbind Hierophant: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2852182
Last edited by Ydoum on May 6, 2020, 6:22:59 AM
soon ... ggg will overhaul the "alies don't die" - mod.

take my words, some accounts where it's unknown if they play poe at all continue to push that narrative of the challenge being bad for performance and make other players think it's the game that's bad instead of the player being too stupid to ignore stuff that can't be easily killed.

i think it will be time limited or only affect a limited amount of monsters "soon".
offline
"
cronus wrote:
soon ... ggg will overhaul the "alies don't die" - mod.

take my words, some accounts where it's unknown if they play poe at all continue to push that narrative of the challenge being bad for performance and make other players think it's the game that's bad instead of the player being too stupid to ignore stuff that can't be easily killed.

i think it will be time limited or only affect a limited amount of monsters "soon".


This is a ridiculous straw man argument.

The only people I've ever seen asking for the removal of Allies Can't Die are the ones doing so for perfectly reasonable reasons. It absolutely DOES degrade performance for AOE skills - it simply does, this is not a debatable point, and it's something anyone can easily demonstrate - so I don't even know why you would claim people are "pushing a narrative" when they ask for a mechanic which basically amounts to a framerate-destroying speed bump to be removed/reworked.

It's also quite often a system that cannot be ignored, which makes your suggestion on what players should do absolutely laughable. Are players supposed to ignore Allies Can't Die enemies at the end of a delve? What about when rares with this aura spawn in/creep into an area with a map boss? What about when it literally IS the map boss?

I don't know if you're trolling or just brand new to the game, but you seem to be uninformed at best and deliberately disingenuous at worst. Seeing as this isn't Reddit let's all try to keep our arguments reasonably well-informed and discuss things like adults.
"
"
cronus wrote:
soon ... ggg will overhaul the "alies don't die" - mod.

take my words, some accounts where it's unknown if they play poe at all continue to push that narrative of the challenge being bad for performance and make other players think it's the game that's bad instead of the player being too stupid to ignore stuff that can't be easily killed.

i think it will be time limited or only affect a limited amount of monsters "soon".


This is a ridiculous straw man argument.

The only people I've ever seen asking for the removal of Allies Can't Die are the ones doing so for perfectly reasonable reasons. It absolutely DOES degrade performance for AOE skills - it simply does, this is not a debatable point, and it's something anyone can easily demonstrate - so I don't even know why you would claim people are "pushing a narrative" when they ask for a mechanic which basically amounts to a framerate-destroying speed bump to be removed/reworked.

It's also quite often a system that cannot be ignored, which makes your suggestion on what players should do absolutely laughable. Are players supposed to ignore Allies Can't Die enemies at the end of a delve? What about when rares with this aura spawn in/creep into an area with a map boss? What about when it literally IS the map boss?

I don't know if you're trolling or just brand new to the game, but you seem to be uninformed at best and deliberately disingenuous at worst. Seeing as this isn't Reddit let's all try to keep our arguments reasonably well-informed and discuss things like adults.


I'm just quoting to say I agree and personally have experienced performance drops against "allies cannot die" packs. With every attack made against invulnerable mobs, the game progressively slows down until I kill the rare mob with the aura.

There's even videos of players fighting said packs (on reddit, go figure) and showing the same problem.

This isn't a narrative being pushed. Allies can't die aura isn't a difficult mechanic that pro-removal players don't want to overcome, it's a problem that slows their game down to the point they might die because they can't physically react to whatever was killing them.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

Betrayal was the best league we had since Legacy. The reward agency is something this game needs, and will be sorely missed.
Listening to Reddit is a good way to reduce the overall number of players while increasing the satisfaction of the echo chamber minority. Considering that the game is free to play, the vast majority of players lost are freeloaders, and GGG's revenue is dependent upon whales who auto-preorder the Supporter Pack for every new shift of meta builds, it's actually kind of difficult to argue that listening to Reddit is a bad idea for GGG, unless you simultaneously suggest that they completely rework their monetization.
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on Sep 31, 2018 0:61:72 PM
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 30, 2020, 2:31:49 PM
"
demonstorm wrote:
In consequence, delirium league is the most rewarding league by FAR and nothing literally comes close.


Perandus League comes to mind. So does Legacy League, and maybe even Harbinger League (bc of Harbinger Orbs).
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"

This is a ridiculous straw man argument.


yes, exactly, they just pull this "performance stuff" cause it hinders them to zoom zoom through a instance.

it's a mechanic that can't be solved with pure damage output, so it must go away like volatiles, phylacteral link, necrovigil and labyrinth traps.

everything that doesn't vanish on right click and makes them stop looting is hated and must go.

"

The only people I've ever seen asking for the removal of Allies Can't Die are the ones doing so for perfectly reasonable reasons. It absolutely DOES degrade performance for AOE skills

wouldn't less monsters also remove the problem?

or maybe not try to run a 4k monitor with onboard graphics and put videos on reddit on how slow it is (surprise!).

my computer is 3 years old, a i7, gtx1070 on 1920*1080px and i never had any issues with lag on "allies can't die", even in a simulacrum.

but if it's bugged on maybe radeon cards, it needs to be fixed, not removed or reworked.

"
I don't know if you're trolling or just brand new to the game

i play poe for nearly a century now.
offline
Last edited by cronus on May 30, 2020, 7:14:17 PM
"
cronus wrote:
"

This is a ridiculous straw man argument.


yes, exactly, they just pull this "performance stuff" cause it hinders them to zoom zoom through a instance.

it's a mechanic that can't be solved with pure damage output, so it must go away like volatiles, phylacteral link, necrovigil and labyrinth traps.

everything that doesn't vanish on right click and makes them stop looting is hated and must go.

"

The only people I've ever seen asking for the removal of Allies Can't Die are the ones doing so for perfectly reasonable reasons. It absolutely DOES degrade performance for AOE skills

wouldn't less monsters also remove the problem?

or maybe not try to run a 4k monitor with onboard graphics and put videos on reddit on how slow it is (surprise!).

my computer is 3 years old, a i7, gtx1070 on 1920*1080px and i never had any issues with lag on "allies can't die", even in a simulacrum.

but if it's bugged on maybe radeon cards, it needs to be fixed, not removed or reworked.

"
I don't know if you're trolling or just brand new to the game

i play poe for nearly a century now.


You're still straw-manning. Pretty badly, too:

Your statement that people are only claiming it's a performance issue because they don't want to slow down while mapping is a straw man. It's also laughably untrue: faster, higher damage meta-builds are affected LESS by this modifier than other characters, because they stunlock the invulnerable mobs and quickly burst down the rares with the aura.

Your claim that the performance issues only happen because they're using onboard graphics in 4k resolution is ANOTHER straw man. It has nothing at all to do with graphics settings or how strong your computer is; the lag is caused by the instance engine making thousands of pointless calculations every second, because full damage analysis is still done for every hit against every enemy, even if those enemies cannot receive damage. The fact that you claim to never have these issues is simply an indication of the kind of build(s) you are playing. As I said before these issues primarily affect AOE skills, especially rapid-hitting skills like blast rain, cyclone, ball lightning, and firestorm.

Are you even aware of how much you're undermining yourself when you say things like this? It is literally impossible to take anything you have to say seriously if this is how you choose to frame your arguments.

"
zzang wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum begged for TS nerfs as well, considering there's a topic asking for more survivability on the Ranger tree and there ended up being comments about how must better bows are compared to melee, etc. Even suggesting something modest like 10% more life on the tree seems to be an unpopular suggestion.


There were justified requests to adjust TS in power. To be fair its still busted and rocking:

T17 100% Delirious map in full mf gear no headhunter with TS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idr56yWgg0


Shhhh, don't you know real facts are no welcome around here only anecdotal evidence without proof is allowed.
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum begged for TS nerfs as well, considering there's a topic asking for more survivability on the Ranger tree and there ended up being comments about how must better bows are compared to melee, etc. Even suggesting something modest like 10% more life on the tree seems to be an unpopular suggestion.


There were justified requests to adjust TS in power. To be fair its still busted and rocking:

T17 100% Delirious map in full mf gear no headhunter with TS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idr56yWgg0


Shhhh, don't you know real facts are no welcome around here only anecdotal evidence without proof is allowed.


I dont think fairyland (standard) is proof of anything. Do you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info