Stop listening to reddit

@ Tornado Shot - wasn't there a bug for years with negative damage multipliers causing Tornado Shot to deal absurdly more dmg than indtended?
Either way, GGG balance team overnerfing shit all the time ain't nothing new. Winter Orb overnerfed, Spectral Throw overnerfed, even Earthquake was at one point overnerfed.

to the original point, I see a lot of feedback of Standard players that you are not being represented on Reddit - true. Standard is like 15%, whenever you would try create some thread to help standard, there is horde of nolifers who are ready to downvote anything.

At the same time, there is a huge bubble on reddit sniffing own farts to hoard valuable internet points. That said, there are many "followers" and just couple initiators.
Somebody "famous" will share their opinion or express support for some opinion, brainless monkeys are going to repeat and throw feces on the same stuff (upvote or downvote in the reddit terms).

On the other hand, here on forums you have like 20 frequent players + occasionally somebody who lose their way to reddit and end up here. Reddit still represents bigger sample for feedback. It would require GGG to value individual people's opinions, but that will be only when motivated by money - ie Streamers and their views are more likely to be reflected in the decisions of GGG than just some random complainers on reddit, forum or twitter.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
Marxone wrote:
@ Tornado Shot - wasn't there a bug for years with negative damage multipliers causing Tornado Shot to deal absurdly more dmg than indtended?
Either way, GGG balance team overnerfing shit all the time ain't nothing new. Winter Orb overnerfed, Spectral Throw overnerfed, even Earthquake was at one point overnerfed.

to the original point, I see a lot of feedback of Standard players that you are not being represented on Reddit - true. Standard is like 15%, whenever you would try create some thread to help standard, there is horde of nolifers who are ready to downvote anything.

At the same time, there is a huge bubble on reddit sniffing own farts to hoard valuable internet points. That said, there are many "followers" and just couple initiators.
Somebody "famous" will share their opinion or express support for some opinion, brainless monkeys are going to repeat and throw feces on the same stuff (upvote or downvote in the reddit terms).

On the other hand, here on forums you have like 20 frequent players + occasionally somebody who lose their way to reddit and end up here. Reddit still represents bigger sample for feedback. It would require GGG to value individual people's opinions, but that will be only when motivated by money - ie Streamers and their views are more likely to be reflected in the decisions of GGG than just some random complainers on reddit, forum or twitter.

That's actually a pretty good "description" of reddit - by design it's driven by bias . I remember in the old LoL forums (not on reddit)) I'd complain about bots ruining co-op but most of it was downvoted despite linking evidence and showing how bad it could be by players who thought co-op didn't affect them. Of course, they don't care until they realize those bots start showing up in their matches.

You know how they fixed it - they removed an entire mode and so went twisted treeline. The whole reason I had started focusing on co-op was I got sick of people acting like 13 year olds whenever something didn't go their way, too much self-entitled rage.

Reddit tends to invoke a mob mentality and often act as an enabler to that rage.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Marxone wrote:

Might as well close down the forums all together then, if GGG only uses them to advertise MTX, inform about patch notes and updates, and refers people to contact them via email for technical support / MTX support.

News and updates don't really require them to have forums either.
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.

[3.10] Double DoT Toxic Rain Trapper: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2723890
[3.10] The Forgotten Gem - Stormbind Hierophant: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2852182
Yeah in 8 years of reading that reddit I've not read a single instance (except that deliberate repost of this thread) complaining that GGG listens to the mother forum too much LOL.

Seriously even reddit knows that GGG ignores the mother forums in favor of the echo chamber.
Quadrupling the number of 0.00001% chance Boss encounters in the game while at the same time quadrupling the number of things you need to juggle (masters, leagues, splinters) is not a net increase in CONTENT; its a NET INCREASE IN CONTENT YOU NEVER GET TO DO
Reddit should disappear from existence.
"
lonestaRip wrote:
i think ggg should pay more attention to offical forum rather than reddit.

its quite ironic that so many questions were answered on reddit.

Reddit IS the official forums... can you not tell? Adjust dude, nobody gives a fuck here.

GGG responds to nothing, never admits any faults, never fixes their issues. The only way to get their attention at all is to talk on Reddit, and they STILL ignore everything that isn't fluff.

When was the last time they actually responded to a Sirus post, or a performance post? Not fucking ever. But make a stupid fuck toucan meme and here they come to say stupid fucking shit and fix nothing.

The dev's need to actually respond to all the posts here, and acknowledge the criticism, and FIX IT. Instead, they just 100% ignore it, reddit is our only hope that they actually fix the shit they make.
Last edited by Rakie1337 on Jul 13, 2020, 6:23:23 PM
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
"
lonestaRip wrote:

Reddit IS the official forums... can you not tell? Adjust dude, nobody gives a fuck here.

GGG responds to nothing, never admits any faults, never fixes their issues. The only way to get their attention at all is to talk on Reddit, and they STILL ignore everything that isn't fluff.

When was the last time they actually responded to a Sirus post, or a performance post? Not fucking ever. But make a stupid fuck toucan meme and here they come to say stupid fucking shit and fix nothing.

The dev's need to actually respond to all the posts here, and acknowledge the criticism, and FIX IT. Instead, they just 100% ignore it, reddit is our only hope that they actually fix the shit they make.

Actually, i do not really call for "getting fixes" as some of the complains are more about design decisions and not just some sort of quick wins that could be added.

Simple "marked as read by GGG" would suffice , in a similar way the icon appears when somebody from GGG reacts to things.
Bex mentioned they do read forum, but the delay before announcing some change when some complain appears on Forum vs announcement of fix once it is top reddit post for the day is about infinite.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
"
lonestaRip wrote:

I actually made a post about Sirus back in 3.10 and got a response from Bex within like 10 minutes. If there is something they think needs fixing they respond to feedback concerning the issue.

The problem is that the players keep complaining forever if they don't like something even if it's apparent to everyone that the thing they complain about is intended to be that way and that GGG want's it to be like that. Common examples include, but are not limited to: Exp penalty, Trade, Sirus, Labyrinth and on death effects.

GGG want's them to be the way they are for different reasons. Responding to every single complaint topic saying "we have no intention of changing that" won't do anything except wasting their time. Aside from the low quality of the feedback here, that's probably one of the main reasons GGG isn't bothering with the forums. Remove all the topics concerning one of the points I've mentioned above and 60% of the forum is gone. Talking about beating dead horses.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Jul 21, 2020, 4:44:43 AM
99% of the posts in redit are completely retarded, with none actual value.

Most of them is actually made up stories to turn something in a direction which the author would very love to, and only he will benefit from it.

That's my 2 cents.
I love to spend time just discussing stuff. :)
"
demonstorm wrote:
I really mean this. Literally everything that reddit seemed to have reported so far barring performance and bugs is pure bullshit and has ruined everything that was fun about this game.

Reddit complained that rewards from delirium were bad. This was complete bs. I was able to make a LOT of currency out of delirium content and I can still do that. Regular delirium mirrors found in maps were sufficiently rewarding considering you could do them every single map. Delirium orbs were and still are by far the most rewarding mechanism of all time and you should have taken that into consideration before giving away free loot in regular maps.

In consequence, delirium league is the most rewarding league by FAR and nothing literally comes close.

Reddit complained that tornado shot was doing too well. You nerfed tornado shot's damage, capability of clear, enchant. Basically everything this skill had going for it. It turned out that single target damage was high due to a fork bug achievable by rigwald's quills. You then nerfed secondary projectiles travel distance for some god damn reason I can't understand. THEN you buffed the health of all monsters in the game.

Result? Tornado shit is the worst bow skill you can possibly use in the game right now for literally any build. Elemental builds have ice shot / lightning arrow. Physical builds can use rain of arrows for significantly better effect and with much less investment. Poison builds have dedicated skills such as toxic rain and scourge arrow.

Tornado shot could have been a decent skill if it weren't for the last nerf regarding projectile travel distance. Now it sucks at everything by default.

To be fair, we had several leagues in a row in which the only skill too use was TS. This may sound callous but id rather have 4 or 5 top teir bow skills at teh cost of 1 rather than .. having just one skill that is so much better than everythingelse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info