Stop listening to reddit

"
Baharoth15 wrote:

The problem is that the players keep complaining forever if they don't like something even if it's apparent to everyone that the thing they complain about is intended to be that way and that GGG want's it to be like that. Common examples include, but are not limited to: Exp penalty, Trade, Sirus, Labyrinth and on death effects.

GGG want's them to be the way they are for different reasons. Responding to every single complaint topic saying "we have no intention of changing that" won't do anything except wasting their time. Aside from the low quality of the feedback here, that's probably one of the main reasons GGG isn't bothering with the forums. Remove all the topics concerning one of the points I've mentioned above and 60% of the forum is gone. Talking about beating dead horses.

It is closed circle - you complain about something, you don't get any reply or reasonable explanation, no FAQ, no nothing, so after a while, you get on it again.

I get the Reddit is moderated by somebody who is not on payroll by GGG. So using Reddit instead of own cesspool of a forum makes sense. You can even claim it's better because it is "Independent". I bet lots of GGG employees read reddit anyway in their free time while reading own forum would be a job. Somebody does it, there is some moderation, but well paying people to do so is inefficient.
(Also from the GDC presentation - people on forums are already hooked, why pay any attention to them since they are going to play anyway).

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
To be fair, we had several leagues in a row in which the only skill too use was TS. This may sound callous but id rather have 4 or 5 top teir bow skills at teh cost of 1 rather than .. having just one skill that is so much better than everythingelse.

Yeah, that's true. Still, tornado shot should be competitive and maybe even better with insane investment like awakened chain, gmp, enchant etc. If they reverted the secondary projectile distance scaling based on projectile speed, the skill would be in a decent place.
"
Marxone wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

The problem is that the players keep complaining forever if they don't like something even if it's apparent to everyone that the thing they complain about is intended to be that way and that GGG want's it to be like that. Common examples include, but are not limited to: Exp penalty, Trade, Sirus, Labyrinth and on death effects.

GGG want's them to be the way they are for different reasons. Responding to every single complaint topic saying "we have no intention of changing that" won't do anything except wasting their time. Aside from the low quality of the feedback here, that's probably one of the main reasons GGG isn't bothering with the forums. Remove all the topics concerning one of the points I've mentioned above and 60% of the forum is gone. Talking about beating dead horses.

It is closed circle - you complain about something, you don't get any reply or reasonable explanation, no FAQ, no nothing, so after a while, you get on it again.

I get the Reddit is moderated by somebody who is not on payroll by GGG. So using Reddit instead of own cesspool of a forum makes sense. You can even claim it's better because it is "Independent". I bet lots of GGG employees read reddit anyway in their free time while reading own forum would be a job. Somebody does it, there is some moderation, but well paying people to do so is inefficient.
(Also from the GDC presentation - people on forums are already hooked, why pay any attention to them since they are going to play anyway).

Poe sub on reddit moderated by ggg
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"

Poe sub on reddit moderated by ggg

eh, no.

reddit doesn't allow companies to directly moderate their subs.

and, to be honest, those poor guys moderating there should really be compensated for the work they do.

"
cronus wrote:

reddit doesn't allow companies to directly moderate their subs.

So it's done indirectly and/or unoficially.
Relations between ggg and reddit mods are a true love story.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
All the FAQ for the new league were collected from Reddit. Bex never shows up in this forum unless you ask for new MTX (I can show u the links to that if you request proof) or she puts something in the News.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
"
Antigegner wrote:
All the FAQ for the new league were collected from Reddit. Bex never shows up in this forum unless you ask for new MTX (I can show u the links to that if you request proof) or she puts something in the News.

Well did you see any topics pop up here with questions on how certain aspects of heist work? Because i surely haven't.

Lets face it, this forums community is the equivalent of a nuclear fall out. Highly toxic and entirely useless. No reason for Bex to waste her time here.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Sep 11, 2020, 4:58:15 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

Well did you see any topics pop up here with questions on how certain aspects of heist work? Because i surely haven't.

Lets face it, this forums community is the equivalent of a nuclear fall out. Highly toxic and entirely useless. No reason for Bex to waste her time here.

So you're saying bex and dev's only like the positive hivemind and echo chambers.

Seems about right like all "big" companies started to do the moment they got bigger and bigger.
Turning players into payers.

Imagine making excuses for a billion dollar company that will never recognize you as anything else but a future open wallet.

Chapter: XVIII.
There is a major difference between constructive feedback and toxic ranting. Reddit usually has the former. Forums is pretty much entirely the latter. Might be a suprise for you but hardly anyone likes to be called stupid and incompetent in his job. And that's exactly what you read everywhere in this forum. Everyone here thinks he is a much better programmer and game designer than all the nubs at GGG. The OP of this topic is a prime example. If you were interested in making constructive feedback you could do so on reddit. The fact that you don't shows that you don't really care about the game. Instead you spend your time here whining that none of those evil game designers wants to listen to your rants.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Sep 11, 2020, 5:52:43 AM
They are paid to do their job. This also means taking criticism like a grown up and learning from it.
They shouldn't hide on their safe space that is called reddit. They shouldnt need to cry if someone posts anything remotely negative. If they cant take negativity they should get a different job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info