Stop listening to reddit

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
There is a major difference between constructive feedback and toxic ranting. Reddit usually has the former. Forums is pretty much entirely the latter. Might be a suprise for you but hardly anyone likes to be called stupid and incompetent in his job. And that's exactly what you read everywhere in this forum. Everyone here thinks he is a much better programmer and game designer than all the nubs at GGG. The OP of this topic is a prime example. If you were interested in making constructive feedback you could do so on reddit. The fact that you don't shows that you don't really care about the game. Instead you spend your time here whining that none of those evil game designers wants to listen to your rants.

So reddit is essentially a pat on the back and news platform for them. The bad thing is that critical thinking and different opinions aren't encouraged at all on reddit because if you post something slightly more controversial than not, your post is going to die in new. It's not even a majority vote, it's just a few no life lurkers (who else sits in new to upvote/downvote stuff, really?) that decide the fate of potentially good or game changing ideas. I know I have seen a lot of interesting ideas die in new because the typical redditoid isn't bright enough to grasp them.

And I've seen people suggesting ideas that had become a part of the game, but the same, people didn't like it at the time. For example, there is a (or more) reddit thread (3 years old now) that suggests the addition of an orb which removes a random property of an item (which is now the annulment orb of course). People highly disliked the idea at the time, but now everyone loves the annulment orb, mostly because it's not as op as people thought it would be.

Because they don't have the necessary critical thinking.

The forum is a pretty daunting format because it doesn't spoon feed you the easy to digest, popular ideas but you have to actually read other people's (possibly) controversial, innovative, game changing or simply interesting ideas. Takes more time, but if devs read their forum I'm sure they would find a lot of great suggestions.

But most of all, the devs need to stop listening to reddit's most popular ideas because it ruins their game. The most popular and highly upvoted suggestions usually reflect a casual audience, but this is not a game that was originally meant to be casual. They listened to reddit for years and the game had become so easy that entire screens exploded in a single click, so they had to 'rebalance' the game and leave more than half of all builds that were previously viable for endgame content in the dirt, especially now with the existence of delirious maps where scaling is exponential.

This game is dead.
It's another "balance is a problem post" How many months of this? Summoner just afk clears everything up until t16. Even then they need like 2ex worth of defensive gear and the game becomes a joke. Ranger builds need like 50ex worth of gear (good bow, watchers eye, consecration flask) to even compete.
"
demonstorm wrote:

So reddit is essentially a pat on the back and news platform for them. The bad thing is that critical thinking and different opinions aren't encouraged at all on reddit because if you post something slightly more controversial than not, your post is going to die in new.

You can't pretend this forum is much better? A lot of people here are hardcore shills, it doesn't matter what GGG does, or doesn't do. It's acceptable.

Listening to a rabid fanbase incapable of allowing anybody to criticize is making people with criticism angry, because nobody is listening to valid complaints whatsoever.

GGG doesn't respond to tough question, here or at Reddit. Only fluff. They don't admit when they aren't listening, or if there is a mistake, or even when they make the mistake themselves.

GGG used to be a small company that interacted with their fanbase much more, but now, they're a lot more big business. And we're getting a lot more copy and paste non-answers, being dismissed, being unheard.

But people keep buying supporter packs, instead of waiting to see how well the league launches.
"
Rakie1337 wrote:

GGG used to be a small company that interacted with their fanbase much more, but now, they're a lot more big business. And we're getting a lot more copy and paste non-answers, being dismissed, being unheard.

This. I have been saying this for a few years now.

If you go back to early days of PoE, you can see the dev team - including Chris - respond on THESE FORUMS on a daily basis.
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.

Allies cannot die, Porcupines and a clusterf**k of on-death effects - NOBODY WANTS THAT.
Last edited by Ydoum on Sep 17, 2020, 7:16:31 PM
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
A lot of people here are hardcore shills, it doesn't matter what GGG does, or doesn't do. It's acceptable.

it's too often a matter of how you look at a problem: from the game designers point of view or from the player's pov.

hardcore shills like me just refuse the common thinking of "what's profiting me can't be bad for the game as a whole".

and if you look closer, even "hardcore shills" have their issues with some of ggg's decicions.

--

to stay on topic: my latest theory is that ggg moved to reddit to not have to look at our supporter titles for whatever reason.

so let's all hide our supporter titles in a common effort to bring them back :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
Reddit is full of bots... so if a person wants to have something he can just upvote it and create fakes comments, keep that in mind everywhere in the internet.
They should split the Feedback and suggestions forum into Feedback and Suggestions seperately and maybe make another one for OMGIGOTSCAMMED
and OMGÍDIED
Need more brains, exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info