GGG, [Removed by Support]

People have huge problems with divine shrine and monsters cannot die mod from rares, as in the fps drops massively when we attempt to attack those monsters. The reason for that is because the damage is calculated regardless if the monster are affected by invulnerable sources. I don't even know how monsters cannot die is coded, [Removed by Support]

So, this is how you do it:

if (invulnerable) {
do not calculate damage //pseudocode
}

That is all. I'm sure your code is structured in such way that the above statement wouldn't be hard to implement [Removed by Support]

As for allied monsters cannot die aura, just do a check if monsters are below <1% hp or something and return false when damage is applied to them. By the seems of it, right now damage is calculated and THEN there's a check if monster is invulnerable or not. That's so bad. Why do you get paid lol.

So, when am I hired?
Last edited by Kane_GGG on May 16, 2020, 5:04:54 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2020, 7:37:33 AM
Even though a monster is invulnerable to damage it doesn't mean the monster cannot have debuffs, ailments etc etc added to them. The damage calculation is probably the least issue there.
Last edited by arknath on Apr 24, 2020, 9:03:54 AM
They can still take damage at the "allies cannot die mod", so that would need a different formula.

And even that is missing out on the fact that ailments, reflect and leech still requires a full blown damage calculation.

But I agree that "alles cannot die" aura is one of the worst performance killers in the game, they should think about fixing that somehow.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 24, 2020, 2:04:24 PM
Impressive that you managed to disassemble the binary and figured out that the calculations are causing the slowdown.
If you think simple math is gonna make the CPU cry you're sadly mistaken.
As an actual programmer let me tell you that things aren't always as easy as they seem to be.
Lol did you even pass your coding class with such massive level of development skill?
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Impressive that you managed to disassemble the binary and figured out that the calculations are causing the slowdown.
If you think simple math is gonna make the CPU cry you're sadly mistaken.
As an actual programmer let me tell you that things aren't always as easy as they seem to be.

The damage calculation is more than simple math though, it probably has lots of branching, also data shuffling and this and that going on, therefor trying to cull all that shit when its becoming pointless for most if not all builds is a reasonable approach to fix it I think.

The problem is just that it probably would require to change some pointless stuff that the game allows and as far as I know the community people rather have game freezes and crashes than not being able to poison divine shrine monsters and stupid shit like that.

Not to mention a lot of builds managed already to crash the servers via the damage calculation game logic EVEN WITHOUT divine shrine or "allies cannot die aura", like that famous poison build that deal very little damage.

That tells us 2 things:

a) Since ailments are part of the damage calculation, it means the damage calculation can fry GGGs cpus. Easily even.
b) Its not a "divine shrine/allies cannot die only" thing

tl;dr: it IS the damage calculation.

I'm running a build based on life/man leech, would expect the game to calculate my damage to reach the leech amounts, the same logic must be true for many other mechanics.
"It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than Life."
Last edited by ramosmichel on Apr 24, 2020, 3:13:21 PM
"
demonstorm wrote:
People have huge problems with divine shrine and monsters cannot die mod from rares, as in the fps drops massively when we attempt to attack those monsters. The reason for that is because the damage is calculated regardless if the monster are affected by invulnerable sources. I don't even know how monsters cannot die is coded, but by the seems of it, it's extremely poor.

if (invulnerable) {
}

That is all. I'm sure your code is structured in such way that the above statement wouldn't be hard to implement... right? RIGHT?

As for allied monsters cannot die aura, just do a check if monsters are below <1% hp or something and return false when damage is applied to them. By the seems of it, right now damage is calculated and THEN there's a check if monster is invulnerable or not. That's so bad. Why do you get paid lol.

So, when am I hired?

It's not as simple as just ignoring damage, I'm pretty sure they're already doing that. There are still tons of calculations due to leech, crit effects, on-hit effects, maybe freeze and chill still occur, not sure. But there's still stuff to do.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
demonstorm wrote:
People have huge problems with divine shrine and monsters cannot die mod from rares, as in the fps drops massively when we attempt to attack those monsters. The reason for that is because the damage is calculated regardless if the monster are affected by invulnerable sources. I don't even know how monsters cannot die is coded, but by the seems of it, it's extremely poor.

if (invulnerable) {
}

That is all. I'm sure your code is structured in such way that the above statement wouldn't be hard to implement... right? RIGHT?

So, when am I hired?

It's not as simple as just ignoring damage, I'm pretty sure they're already doing that. There are still tons of calculations due to leech, crit effects, on-hit effects, maybe freeze and chill still occur, not sure. But there's still stuff to do.

It's not only about damage, sure, but the game shouldn't test anything against divine shrine monsters. Can you freeze or chill divine shrine monsters? If yes, what's the point? But that's not the point. The fact is that damage does get calculated against invulnerable monsters when it shouldn't be. That's the main source of cpu stress in those situations. You can easily check this by playing a poison/impale build. All those stacks do apply on monsters and cause insane lag.

"
Deathfairy wrote:
Lol did you even pass your coding class with such massive level of development skill?

I'm a software developer. Is pseudocode a hard concept to grasp for you? Of course it's not how it looks like in the actual engine.

"
DarkKaine wrote:
disassemble the binary

I think all you guys should stop bootlicking ggg and showcase your deficient coding knowledge you picked along at some webminar.
i think the problem is simply that there are too may monsters around these shrines for server capacity.

remember the exactly same situation of players running builds that used inverse knockback builds with no damage dealt to pull all mobs through all ghosts on a map? wich lagged the hell out of a instance?

when they designed the average processing time a server instance needs (to define the amount of averagely ran instances on a single cpu core) they assume the average rare of activated monsters in player range (other monsters are in a sleep state).

they should at least consider that much monsters they put on these shrines.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info