GGG, [Removed by Support]

"
bwam wrote:
"
demonstorm wrote:
So, when am I hired?

Pretty sure if you walked in for an interview, you'd be "Removed by Support." :D

I'm not really sure about that. They seem to hire anyone. If the housekeeper were to enter the office at the right time, I'd wager they'd hire her on the spot. They hired a biochemist researcher reddit moderator (sounds like a meme, who thought hiring a reddit moderator would be a good idea is beyond me) that destroyed the league's entire balance with his brilliant cluster jewel nodes design.

With this said, I'd say the odds of getting a job at ggg with some coding knowledge (I'm a front end developer for 2 years now) and a lot of game knowledge is pretty easy. However, I would never work for ggg, I bet their code base is a huge mess and I really can't bother swimming through an ocean of code spaghetti just to write a line of code that wouldn't break the game. Embarrassing.
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
"
demonstorm wrote:
So, when am I hired?

Pretty sure if you walked in for an interview, you'd be "Removed by Support." :D

I'm not really sure about that. They seem to hire anyone. If the housekeeper were to enter the office at the right time, I'd wager they'd hire her on the spot. They hired a biochemist researcher reddit moderator (sounds like a meme, who thought hiring a reddit moderator would be a good idea is beyond me) that destroyed the league's entire balance with his brilliant cluster jewel nodes design.

With this said, I'd say the odds of getting a job at ggg with some coding knowledge (I'm a front end developer for 2 years now) and a lot of game knowledge is pretty easy. However, I would never work for ggg, I bet their code base is a huge mess and I really can't bother swimming through an ocean of code spaghetti just to write a line of code that wouldn't break the game. Embarrassing.

Keep dreaming, small fry. Something called "tact" is put at a premium by almost every employer, and if your in-person etiquette resembles anything close to your behavior on this forum, you seem to be in short supply.

But sure, pretend you could be hired.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Name-calling is evidently the epitome of tact.
Farewell, fellow exiles. New hopes are on the horizon, and we may yet see a worthy successor to D2.
"
bwam wrote:
Keep dreaming, small fry. Something called "tact" is put at a premium by almost every employer, and if your in-person etiquette resembles anything close to your behavior on this forum, you seem to be in short supply.

Fancy words for someone who has probably no tangent with this field, doesn't even have a char at level 95 to have any idea of the subject at hand and doesn't even know me personally. In the short 2 years of my career I've been through a lot of difficult situations and I believe I handled them well, despite wanting to sometimes yell at people. I'm not obliged to put up with anyone's bs online, considering they won't do that either.

That being said, my online behavior doesn't reflect my real life persona in the slightest. If you've been interacting with people over the internet for the past 14 years or so, you'd probably become as cynical and disregarding of other people on the internet as well. You're a perfect example of someone who has no argument but only uses logical fallacies to convey an elaborate insult and nothing more but to merely fanboy for a developer that you think is the second coming of Jesus. I wouldn't give you more than 18 years.
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
bwam wrote:

Fancy words for someone who has probably no tangent with this field, doesn't even have a char at level 95 to have any idea of the subject at hand and doesn't even know me personally. In the short 2 years of my career I've been through a lot of difficult situations and I believe I handled them well, despite wanting to sometimes yell at people. I'm not obliged to put up with anyone's bs online, considering they won't do that either.

"
demonstorm wrote:
That being said, my online behavior doesn't reflect my real life persona in the slightest. If you've been interacting with people over the internet for the past 14 years or so, you'd probably become as cynical and disregarding of other people on the internet as well. You're a perfect example of someone who has no argument but only uses logical fallacies to convey an elaborate insult and nothing more but to merely fanboy for a developer that you think is the second coming of Jesus. I wouldn't give you more than 18 years.

No, my argument was "You lack Tact; Employers require tact; Therefore this employer would be unlikely to hire you." That's soundly constructed argument, not ad hominem attack.

And your response was, "I'm not like this IRL," and that's totally legit. But how am I supposed to know that?
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
The thread title currently reads: GGG, [Removed by Support]

Give it a few more years, and it wouldn't surprise me.
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on Sep 31, 2018 0:61:72 PM
"
bwam wrote:

I almost fell out of my chair. 🤣🤣🤣
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
"
bwam wrote:

I almost fell out of my chair. 🤣🤣🤣

We both know u didn't even have a smile but exaggerated your reaction to almost falling from a chair..

So reading your posts we should keep in mind how honest you are
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
As a software developer I am sure you can get behind this little exercise:

What does "can not die" imply ?
is it
A) Monsters can not die
or
B) Monsters can not take damage

Please keep in mind that there are numerous potential effects that depend on damage dealt that would not apply if that aura works differently and for better or worse they want these effects to keep working even when the monsters is at 0 but cant die from it. Leech comes to mind. You can suggest a change in the way the aura works, but your silly ego trip does not really help the matter.
Last edited by dyneol on Jul 6, 2020, 8:16:21 PM
"
dyneol wrote:
As a software developer I am sure you can get behind this little exercise:

What does "can not die" imply ?
is it
A) Monsters can not die
or
B) Monsters can not take damage

Please keep in mind that there are numerous potential effects that depend on damage dealt that would not apply if that aura works differently and for better or worse they want these effects to keep working even when the monsters is at 0 but cant die from it. Leech comes to mind. You can suggest a change in the way the aura works, but your silly ego trip does not really help the matter.

Are you aware that one of the rules on which are built most video games ( including PoE obviously ) is that if an ennemy's life reaches 0, it dies ?

=> if an ennemy takes damage that should bring him to 0 or less, it dies

=> for an ennemy to stay at 1 ( or 0 if the rule is that the monter cannot die at 0 health in this case ) health after taking a hit (and therefore survive), it means that there was no damage taken by the emmeny.

I am sure you can get behind this little sequence.

To be honest, I can make it even simpler :
- if an ennemy's health is displayed is "lowered" => the ennemy took damage.
It it does not move, there was no damage taken ( some obscure situation where the ennemy got healed for exactly the same amount after or before the damage was dealth could be considered too ).
Simple, basic axioms in this kind of game.

Since monsters NEVER display any amount of negative health, basic proper GUI design + game design rules dictates that there is no damage taken.
If this isn't the case, it can be either of the following :
- the GUI sucks ( often the case in PoE )
- the gameplay design sucks ( also often the case in PoE I'm afraid )

Good design is about intuitive mechanics and things that just make sense to the player.
The current situation clearly does not.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 7, 2020, 3:09:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info