PS4 servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.12]🏹 Poison Scourge Arrow / Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF | Bottled Fortify | Ultra Tanky + High DPS

"
Perce79 wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:


I took a glance at your PoB. It seems to be much better than the last time, but you don't seem to have enough HP to be able to withstand the onslaughts in Simulacrum. I would suggest that you focus on improving your HP a bit more. See my edit on your PoB below:

https://pastebin.com/PpZJHetB

See if you can replace the Abyss jewel with a similar one with +7% inc max life. That'd be your immediate priority for an update, I think.

Simulacrum encounter routine: flask up, fire a shot of Blast Rain (with Knockback support replacing Inc duration support), shoot SA, re-position, shoot SA, re-position. Rinse and repeat.

Have fun

P/S: there's someone selling their Embalmer with Despair Curse on hit for 20c. Better steal that deal fast.


Yeah, already had the jewel ready on another character right now.

Oooh yeah, let me try with knockback, that will certainly help.

My only problem with this build is too much strain on my hands. My 40 year old multiple surgery arm cant take it :( But again, appreciate the thoughts.


Sorry to know about the strains. Multiple-button pressing and arduous flask management, I know. :(

Have you tried to bind you Scourge Arrow key to spacebar instead of your mouse? I also bind my flask keys to 'A' 'S' 'D' 'W' 'E'. Also take a break frequently every 45min or 60min (I know you'd probably hear it a lot, but breaks do help). If you have to sacrifice your health, it isn't worth it.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 10, 2020, 12:24:59 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:


I took a glance at your PoB. It seems to be much better than the last time, but you don't seem to have enough HP to be able to withstand the onslaughts in Simulacrum. I would suggest that you focus on improving your HP a bit more. See my edit on your PoB below:

https://pastebin.com/PpZJHetB

See if you can replace the Abyss jewel with a similar one with +7% inc max life. That'd be your immediate priority for an update, I think.

Simulacrum encounter routine: flask up, fire a shot of Blast Rain (with Knockback support replacing Inc duration support), shoot SA, re-position, shoot SA, re-position. Rinse and repeat.

Have fun

P/S: there's someone selling their Embalmer with Despair Curse on hit for 20c. Better steal that deal fast.


Yeah, already had the jewel ready on another character right now.

Oooh yeah, let me try with knockback, that will certainly help.

My only problem with this build is too much strain on my hands. My 40 year old multiple surgery arm cant take it :( But again, appreciate the thoughts.


Sorry to know about the strains. Multiple-button pressing and arduous flask management, I know. :(

Have you tried to bind you Scourge Arrow key to spacebar instead of your mouse? I also bind my flask keys to 'A' 'S' 'D' 'W' 'E'. Also take a break frequently every 45min or 60min (I know you'd probably hear it a lot, but breaks do help). If you have to sacrifice your health, it isn't worth it.


Its all good. My flask hand is fine, its the mouse arm. Ulnar nerve injury from playing baseball/softball, as well as multiple rotator cuff surgeries. I'm actually otherwise in good shape / know how to stretch / exercise / etc. Just something to live with :)

BTW, tried a simulacrum with the updates. Kosis is still a problem, but i didnt die to being overwhelmed by regular mobs this time, which is good. Knockback on BR helped a lot. Good call on that.
Thanks for the updates.

I didnt realize frenzy added so much dps ill add it for sure.

Do you think its worth dropping %physical damage taken as for more life on my garb? I can pick up one with 110+ life with the 8% max life mod but cant really afford the ones with frenzy on hit or %physical with the other mods.
"
skg94 wrote:
Thanks for the updates.

I didnt realize frenzy added so much dps ill add it for sure.

Do you think its worth dropping %physical damage taken as for more life on my garb? I can pick up one with 110+ life with the 8% max life mod but cant really afford the ones with frenzy on hit or %physical with the other mods.


We have fortify + endurance charges that give good physical mitigation. So for the chest option, I think it would be potentially better to have that life increase instead.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
Perce79 wrote:

Its all good. My flask hand is fine, its the mouse arm. Ulnar nerve injury from playing baseball/softball, as well as multiple rotator cuff surgeries. I'm actually otherwise in good shape / know how to stretch / exercise / etc. Just something to live with :)

BTW, tried a simulacrum with the updates. Kosis is still a problem, but i didnt die to being overwhelmed by regular mobs this time, which is good. Knockback on BR helped a lot. Good call on that.


Thanks for the update. Take care. :)
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
I'm looking for scourge arrow builds since some weeks and you're the best by far in min maxing options and mechanics explanation.

Just a newbich question: do critical strike mods have any influence on DPS in that kind of build, or just flat damage is significant (or neither)?

Is dendrobate a suicide choice for an end game gear even with all these defense layers and this amazing fortify trick?
"
Avocator wrote:
I'm looking for scourge arrow builds since some weeks and you're the best by far in min maxing options and mechanics explanation.

Thanks for the kind words.


"

Just a newbich question: do critical strike mods have any influence on DPS in that kind of build, or just flat damage is significant (or neither)?


If you use Coralito's signature, increasing crit strike will increase DPS thanks to Perfect Agony in paper. Having said that, Scourge Arrow is not the best skill to take advantage of crit mechanic because it doesn't shoot projectiles in burst like Barrage. Therefore, if you have to choose between crit chance and flat phys/chaos damage, the latter is better since we have huge chaos damage scaling and 100% phys to chaos conversion.

"

Is dendrobate a suicide choice for an end game gear even with all these defense layers and this amazing fortify trick?


With +28% less damage taken from hit (1.4x Fortify) and 4 endurance charges (the latest version of the build), I think Dendrobate is not the best choice for the end game. The biggest downside is that you cannot have the -15 mana cost from socketed skill from the rare chest, which essentially frees Scourge Arrow from mana headache.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 12, 2020, 11:07:53 AM
Update 2020/06/13:

I've just reached level 100 with the build on the Delirium ladder. Can't believe it!

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Time for 40/40 then before league ends? :3

Grats, what methods of levelling did you use, anything special?
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 12, 2020, 4:53:35 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Time for 40/40 then before league ends? :3

Grats, what methods of levelling did you use, anything special?


Thanks. It was my first level 100 ever. :)

The leveling process was juiced T16 Canyon mapping with 4x aw. sextants, 4x polish scarabs (ambush + breach + harbinger + other) + 1x beyond. About 16-18M exp/hour. I often play 1-5h/day depending on my real-life situation.

Sample run (at 98% to level 100): https://youtu.be/m1GvSB4lP9w
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 13, 2020, 1:13:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info