[3.12]🏹 Poison Scourge Arrow / Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF | Bottled Fortify | Ultra Tanky + High DPS

"
Neat build, very well thought out!

Haven't played my PF this league but i'm leveling it atm, just to test some things vs uber hard content like you presented.

Might test focus craft, just not sure will it fit on the button bar xD

I just wouldn't agree on Wither totems. They are pretty fast and can inflict 15 stacks pretty much in 1-2s.

Oh hey. Thank you. Glad you stop by. Really liked your poison build in 3.9.

You are right that wither totems can inflict withered stacks pretty fast. However, imo the issue with wither totem is not how fast they build up withered stacks but rather how reliable they are in a prolonged fight. Mobs target totem first, so in challenges such as simulacrum or 100% delirious T18/T19 map, you would spend most of the battle playing without the totem support because they get destroyed as long as the mobs arrive.

On the other hand, using a MiA/blast rain setup not only helps you build up withered stacks more reliable during the fight but also provides a good chunk of immediate DPS (700K sirus DPS with Aw unbound ailment for mobs clearing, or 400K sirus DPS with inc. duration support for withered stack gen.) I also have a jewel that has +chance to knockback which, I think, complements the MiA/blast rain quite nicely.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 13, 2020, 1:20:43 AM
"
1000Ilove wrote:
Hey, quick update on my Scourge Arrow build.

I really don't do ANY damage. I can clear all trash and rares really easily however the moment I get to a single boss its a solid 20-30 seconds. Sirus was a 20 minute slugfest (A8). Any idea what I should do to increase my DPS?

https://pastebin.com/tLQezW6V

Last time we checked, your char dealt 1.4M DPS. Now your tally is at ~3M, and you said you dealt no damage. JJ

For single target, as I wrote in my OP, you would want the recommended helm enchant and +1 arrow for pod positioning. Without the +1 arrow, you have to precisely move your cursor such that the target stands in the middle of your spore pods. Otherwise, most of your thorn arrows don't hit the target, wasting your PoB's DPS.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Neat build, very well thought out!

Haven't played my PF this league but i'm leveling it atm, just to test some things vs uber hard content like you presented.

Might test focus craft, just not sure will it fit on the button bar xD

I just wouldn't agree on Wither totems. They are pretty fast and can inflict 15 stacks pretty much in 1-2s.

Oh hey. Thank you. Glad you stop by. Really liked your poison build in 3.9.

You are right that wither totems can inflict withered stacks pretty fast. However, imo the issue with wither totem is not how fast they build up withered stacks but rather how reliable they are in a prolonged fight. Mobs target totem first, so in challenges such as simulacrum or 100% delirious T18/T19 map, you would spend most of the battle playing without the totem support because they get destroyed as long as the mobs arrive.

On the other hand, using a MiA/blast rain setup not only helps you build up withered stacks more reliable during the fight but also provides a good chunk of immediate DPS (700K sirus DPS with Aw unbound ailment for mobs clearing, or 400K sirus DPS with inc. duration support for withered stack gen.) I also have a jewel that has +chance to knockback which, I think, complements the MiA/blast rain quite nicely.


Yeah that's true, they are not very good for Sims.
Btw, Glorious Vanity can have Wither on hit on some node. Would be perfect here so ill paste a player comment from my build. Maybe you dig up the right one.



"
Has anyone got a jewel number for a glorious vanity doryani jewelwith the suggested "Ritual of Shadows" nodes?
I have found 2 jewels that each give the 1 point notable as ritual of shadows (721 & 4002), but never a jewel that gives 2 ritual of shadows as shown in the picture. Check about 100 of them...

The user quoted also took off all the gear from his character, so you can't get it from there :(

If anyone is bored and wants a conclusion to this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ig6jVgflqUJqMv_kh92v1AU5i6nXRsLxAXLH31RYXIE/

The original doryani jewel number that user "delgar 89" used is doryani 431 (2x ritual of shadows for 4 passive points next to pain attunement). Found it somewhere in this thread.
But there was non up for purchase for some time, so I checked over 350 jewels myself.

Best other one I found is doryani 5518, that has 2x ritual of shadows with 5 passive points.

Other usable ones for starters (1 ritual of shadows with one passiv point) are: 721 2834 4002 4470 6766 6791

Just a few days after this, a doryani 431 popped up and I bought it for 50c. Will be getting rid of my wither totem soon :P
3.11💀 Death Angel /view-thread/2784358 *3.10 🔨Icebreaker /view-thread/2686278
3.11 Ultimate Poison Pathfinder /view-thread/2639074
3.11 Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
3.10 Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
3.10 Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
"

Yeah that's true, they are not very good for Sims.
Btw, Glorious Vanity can have Wither on hit on some node. Would be perfect here so ill paste a player comment from my build. Maybe you dig up the right one.



Thanks a lot TorsteinTheFallen. Really appreciate the information sharing. I tried all the numbers from that post, no stock. Then randomly bought a Doryani with number 2092. It turns out like this:



Full list:
"

Bathed in the blood of 2092 sacrificed in the name of Doryani
Passives in radius are Conquered by the Vaal
Historic
##########################################
31% increased Chaos damage
25% chance to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on Hit
50% of Non-Chaos Damage Taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
10% Increased Physical Damage
4% Increased Skill Effect Duration
9% Increased Lightning Damage
18% Increased Attack Damage
3% Increased Maximum Life


Is it good or just mediocre?

Another Doryani number that also grants Ritual of Shadows (3 skill points) on the same socket: 5077.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 13, 2020, 11:09:00 AM
Hey, I know that my damage has close to doubled but my biggest problem is that I run out of mana during some bosses and as such its hard to keep the DPS up. I'm probably looking to craft an Ornate quiver with the +1 Arrow and Frezny Charges. I can't seem to cap my resistances yet without an embalmers so a fenemus weave is not possible ATM. I'll let you know when I do craft the quiver and the helmet.

When I said no damage last time I meant that I struggled on red map bosses, now I'm struggling on bigger bosses so it's def improved but no where near what I want it to be.
"
1000Ilove wrote:
my biggest problem is that I run out of mana during some bosses
That might be because showcased gear has a chest with "socketed attacks have -15 mana cost" and scourge is put there, not in bow.

What it says:
"
Chest: socketed attack has -15 mana cost is a must. It essentially makes Scourge Arrow cost no mana.


Without it you'll have to be creative about solving the mana issues.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
1000Ilove wrote:
my biggest problem is that I run out of mana during some bosses
That might be because showcased gear has a chest with "socketed attacks have -15 mana cost" and scourge is put there, not in bow.

What it says:
"
Chest: socketed attack has -15 mana cost is a must. It essentially makes Scourge Arrow cost no mana.


Without it you'll have to be creative about solving the mana issues.

Thanks Viktranka.

@1000Ilove: I was joking in the previous post, hence the JJ at the end. Good luck with your build.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Question - your PoB shows Despair as a socketed/used gem. But once Enlighten hits usable levels, there isn't any room for a Despair gem? Is it planned to get a ring with despair on hit, or am I missing something?
"
ThirdProphecy wrote:
Question - your PoB shows Despair as a socketed/used gem. But once Enlighten hits usable levels, there isn't any room for a Despair gem? Is it planned to get a ring with despair on hit, or am I missing something?

The Despair on Hit you see in my build comes from the corrupted implicit on the gloves. Before that, I had a Hunter's ring with a Despair on Hit mod on it.

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 13, 2020, 2:57:04 PM
Okay thanks!

For your reserved mana - what all are you running? Without Enlighten, I have Dread Banner, Herald of Agony, Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider running and have 200+ mana left for use, which seems like more than I need. What is the benefit to running Enlighten over Despair - am I supposed to be squeezing in Grace?

Edit:
Also, with the synergy of Perfect Agony that we get from Coralito's, wouldn't a Spike-Point quiver work better giving an additional 15% multiplier?

I'm not the most knowledgeable in the numbers and mechanics of things, maybe the flat phys damage is more, but I keep hearing multiplier > %, so just don't know the order of priority that we're scaling here.
Last edited by ThirdProphecy on May 13, 2020, 6:15:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info