[3.12]🏹 Poison Scourge Arrow / Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF | Bottled Fortify | Ultra Tanky + High DPS

@Wolfie: So I've been messing with bows with Harvest mods and I was able to craft the following:



My question is: How much does the +2 to arrows make a difference vs. just +1 to arrows & dot multi?

I have open suffix on Phoenix Bane, waiting to unlock speed augment to craft atk speed on it.

The Maelstrom Branch bow gives me ~10% more PoB DPS, but I dont know how to value the extra arrows.

Also would it be a good idea to sell it?
faraazahmed,

Nice craft my dude. The additional arrows would give you better clear with SA and shorten the time necessary to cap the withered stacks.

"

My question is: How much does the +2 to arrows make a difference vs. just +1 to arrows & dot multi?


Better clear because with more arrows, you can poison more targets at the same time. However, you will not increase your DPS because the arrows emitted from exactly the same time cannot hit the same target, so additional arrow won't translate into higher SA DPS. So, +1 arrow and DoT multi is my personal preference.

Also, it's worth notice that the increased attack speed mod is the next important one because it locally affects the base, i.e. crafting increased bow's base APS yields higher net APS compared to crafting it somewhere else. And Scourge Arrow craves APS for higher DPS, better survivability and faster Blast Rain's withered stack gen.

Regarding price, I guess you are one of the good crafters I've met this league. You'd probably know better than me how to price these beautiful bows. :)


"
The Maelstrom Branch bow gives me ~10% more PoB DPS, but I dont know how to value the extra arrows.

It's thanks to the increased base APS. If you can craft increase attack speed on the other bow, it may make the latter a higher DPS of the two.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 29, 2020, 10:32:49 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
So, +1 arrow and DoT multi is my personal preference.

If you can craft increase attack speed on the other bow, it may make the latter a higher DPS of the two.


That settles it. I'll sell the +2 arrows bow and use Phoenix Bane.

I actually annulled crit chance from Phoenix Bane using harvest. I'm farming a LOT trying to get Speed Augment craft but no luck so far.

If you see closely, it has an open suffix :D

I put attack speed on Phoenix Bane manually and yes, Phoenix Bane gives more DPS with Atk Speed, Maelstrom Branch more otherwise.

The next closest bow to this is complete trash tho (comparatively) and is priced at 20 ex.

Maybe reddit will have some recommendation on pricing :D
"
faraazahmed wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:
So, +1 arrow and DoT multi is my personal preference.

If you can craft increase attack speed on the other bow, it may make the latter a higher DPS of the two.


That settles it. I'll sell the +2 arrows bow and use Phoenix Bane.

I actually annulled crit chance from Phoenix Bane using harvest. I'm farming a LOT trying to get Speed Augment craft but no luck so far.


Probably buy more speed seeds? The mod seems quite rare to me.

"

The next closest bow to this is complete trash tho (comparatively) and is priced at 20 ex.

Maybe reddit will have some recommendation on pricing :D

Reddit outrage in 3..2..
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
aurican65 wrote:
From my understanding peoples complaint about proj speed is if you shoot towards a wall or edge you're likely to lose a pod, but I don't notice it. Try using a faster proj gem, proj speed bow and quiver and aim at a specific pixel towards a wall, then use your regular stuff + slower proj gem and compare. Even if you do lose one it's much less likely if you have an additional arrow and aim close to yourself, which you would be for single target. So I think proj speed is alright, but maybe there's more to it.


aurican has summed up the concern i was getting on search results, but it seems to me it can be compensated for with proper character placement, and I don't know about others but I like wide open maps so its probably more a help than a hindrance

Will definitely test the difference, thanks for the build Wolfie
Is this the Grasping Vines Prince that was promised?

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 29, 2020, 12:49:08 PM
"
faraazahmed wrote:


That settles it. I'll sell the +2 arrows bow and use Phoenix Bane.



I'll give you 2 alch for it and I'm taking all the risk here...
"
aurican65 wrote:


I've been getting some messages about my chest so figured I'd include how I crafted it here.

Thank you so much for sharing craft process.
"
faraazahmed wrote:
@Wolfie: So I've been messing with bows with Harvest mods and I was able to craft the following:



My question is: How much does the +2 to arrows make a difference vs. just +1 to arrows & dot multi?

I have open suffix on Phoenix Bane, waiting to unlock speed augment to craft atk speed on it.

The Maelstrom Branch bow gives me ~10% more PoB DPS, but I dont know how to value the extra arrows.

Also would it be a good idea to sell it?


So how many exalts did you throw at this? I would like to craft something similar as in DoT multiplier + added chaos dmg + additional arrow only :))
Last edited by bomii on Jun 29, 2020, 2:03:49 PM
"
bomii wrote:

So how many exalts did you throw at this? I would like to craft something similar as in DoT multiplier + added chaos dmg + additional arrow only :))


Maybe 1-2 ex per bow?

Harvest craft is stupidly op, it reduces the cost of making items like this by 90% or more!

Abuse it while it lasts, Harvest league op.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info