[3.12]🏹 Poison Scourge Arrow / Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF | Bottled Fortify | Ultra Tanky + High DPS

"
For your reserved mana - what all are you running? Without Enlighten, I have Dread Banner, Herald of Agony, Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider running and have 200+ mana left for use, which seems like more than I need. What is the benefit to running Enlighten over Despair - am I supposed to be squeezing in Grace?

Edit:
Also, with the synergy of Perfect Agony that we get from Coralito's, wouldn't a Spike-Point quiver work better giving an additional 15% multiplier?
Update:

Added crafting end-game gear section.
Added guide of guide section.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
ThirdProphecy wrote:
"
For your reserved mana - what all are you running? Without Enlighten, I have Dread Banner, Herald of Agony, Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider running and have 200+ mana left for use, which seems like more than I need. What is the benefit to running Enlighten over Despair - am I supposed to be squeezing in Grace?

Edit:
Also, with the synergy of Perfect Agony that we get from Coralito's, wouldn't a Spike-Point quiver work better giving an additional 15% multiplier?

Sorry, I missed your post earlier.
Btw, quick question. I'm not sure I understand what you meant by "benefit to running Englighten over Despair"? This build doesn't equip Despair as a gem but has 'Despair on hit' from gear (ring or gloves).
Would it be possible for you to include your PoB link herewith?
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
ThirdProphecy wrote:
"
For your reserved mana - what all are you running? Without Enlighten, I have Dread Banner, Herald of Agony, Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider running and have 200+ mana left for use, which seems like more than I need. What is the benefit to running Enlighten over Despair - am I supposed to be squeezing in Grace?

Edit:
Also, with the synergy of Perfect Agony that we get from Coralito's, wouldn't a Spike-Point quiver work better giving an additional 15% multiplier?

Sorry, I missed your post earlier.
Btw, quick question. I'm not sure I understand what you meant by "benefit to running Englighten over Despair"? This build doesn't equip Despair as a gem but has 'Despair on hit' from gear (ring or gloves).
Would it be possible for you to include your PoB link herewith?


I'm only lv 90 and not with the best gear - this is a question more about Enlighten and its practical use. Without enlighten I'm running those auras and have well more than enough mana for my skills - so I'm wondering what you're squeezing in with enlighten? What mana-reserved skills are you running? The screenshots don't look like you're running grace...

My PoB:
https://pastebin.com/3v0UeUXk

Last edited by ThirdProphecy on May 17, 2020, 4:28:48 AM
"
ThirdProphecy wrote:

I'm only lv 90 and not with the best gear - this is a question more about Enlighten and its practical use. Without enlighten I'm running those auras and have well more than enough mana for my skills - so I'm wondering what you're squeezing in with enlighten? What mana-reserved skills are you running? The screenshots don't look like you're running grace...

My PoB:
https://pastebin.com/3v0UeUXk


I see. Just took a look at your PoB. You seem to be at the lower end of the hit chance (currently at 90% chance to hit). I would put in a Precision gem (10/0) to increase hit rate to 96%. You'd have around 100 unreserved mana, which is more than enough since your S.A. essentially costs no mana with the -15 mana chest. When you have the Despair on hit either on ring or gloves, you can remove the Despair gem and Witchfire flask.

Since you've already got the -15 mana chest, you don't need the Mana Leech node on the South East side of the skill tree.

Does it sound good with these changes?
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
I see. Just took a look at your PoB. You seem to be at the lower end of the hit chance (currently at 90% chance to hit). I would put in a Precision gem (10/0) to increase hit rate to 96%. You'd have around 100 unreserved mana, which is more than enough since your S.A. essentially costs no mana with the -15 mana chest. When you have the Despair on hit either on ring or gloves, you can remove the Despair gem and Witchfire flask.

Since you've already got the -15 mana chest, you don't need the Mana Leech node on the South East side of the skill tree.

Does it sound good with these changes?


Hey thanks for the tip - I will run precision in there to help my accuracy. Where would you invest those other two points from mana regen then on the tree? Doesn't seem to be anywhere that's immediately beneficial (I'm sorry I'm such a newb, and I play in HC to boot!)

I just wanted to point out that the witchfire brew was just me experimenting, I actually typically run the everflowing chalice like in your build.

You missed the question about the quiver too tho - with the synergy of Perfect Agony that we get from Coralito's, wouldn't a Spike-Point quiver work better giving an additional 15% multiplier? Perfect agony transforms global crit multiplier to damage over time multiplier at 50%, so a quiver with 30% crit multiplier would be giving us 15% damage over time multiplier instead of the flat phys damage? Would that be better?

Thanks for your help again!
"
ThirdProphecy wrote:

Hey thanks for the tip - I will run precision in there to help my accuracy. Where would you invest those other two points from mana regen then on the tree? Doesn't seem to be anywhere that's immediately beneficial (I'm sorry I'm such a newb, and I play in HC to boot!)

You can allocate that one extra skill point on '5% increased life' around the big life circle.

"

You missed the question about the quiver too tho - with the synergy of Perfect Agony that we get from Coralito's, wouldn't a Spike-Point quiver work better giving an additional 15% multiplier? Perfect agony transforms global crit multiplier to damage over time multiplier at 50%, so a quiver with 30% crit multiplier would be giving us 15% damage over time multiplier instead of the flat phys damage? Would that be better?

Thanks for your help again!

Oops, sorry missed it again.

You raised an interesting question. With a Botted Faith that boosts base crit, a spike-point quiver which has exactly the same explicits as my quiver, would yield about the same DPS. However, remember that the boost of dot multiplier only kicks in when you crit.

PoB calculates crit and crit multiplier on an average basis. For example, 18% crit chance means you would land 18 crit strikes on 100 hits. It can be zero crit on the first 18 hits. It's just the law of large number that statistically gives you 18 crits over 100 hits scored.

These calculations put channelling skills like Scourge Arrow at a disadvantage because S.A. doesn't shoot continuous arrows; S.A. takes time to shoot. If you go the poison crit route and end up having 18% crit chance. It'd be a disaster if first 18 S.A. hits don't crit. For non-channelling skills such as Toxic Rain, you shoot a large bunch of pods continuously. That doesn't matter if 18 hits don't crit because you shoot 100 of them over a very short period of time already.

On the other hand, we have 100% physical damage converted to chaos damage. Therefore, flat phys damage is great to have.

TL;DR : crit is not a reliable way to scale your poison damage with Scourge Arrow.

Edit: I kind of being hyperbolic when saying "it's a disaster when 18 first hits don't crit". :)
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 17, 2020, 12:40:19 PM
Some leveling trees would be appreciatead, especially Level 70, Level 80, Level 90

Would be awesome if you could put them in your original POB.
livejamie
I wonder if we can league start with this ;)
Hi, i wonder if this is worth it. i managed to get a "withered on hit jewel" for 3 points which also includes a minor chaos res node.

do u think thats worth it to get and do something other than blast rain? like an aura setup for malevolence in the bow f.e?

i lose like 300 hp and the points and i am also not sure if i can hold the withered u.

Any thoughts on it? there is the possibilty that u could divine it in a way, that u actually gain health instead of losing it aswell.


Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info