[3.12] Remi's Toxic Rain Pathfinder | Beginner guide | All Content | Fast, Strong and Easy to play

Hello people.
Thanks for the guide, first. As I've said, I decided to try this build for the Harvest league. Now damage seems fine, but I wish I could increase it more.

You can check my setup, I've only this charater for the current league.
You will probably note something odd:
1) why i have the cluster aura? because I like to have Flesh & Stone. Though probably i should remove it now and just focus on damage, I leveled with it (first enchant on the helm on merciless lab gave me the 30% mana reduction reserve). Do you think I should remove it? I dont think Enlighten 4 will be enough without investing some passives in aura, but I'm quite unsure about that;
2) I haven't completed the second cluster jewel. Yeah that's a problem indeed, I dont have enough points.. and didn't manage to roll the medium jewel. I'm trying but no result yet (crafted all other jewels and went pretty good, probably I've been very lucky and now I'm unlucky);
3) Taken out mana flask. No needed anymore, replaced with Dying Sun for bosses (any better choice out there?) or quartz flask for general mapping and delve. But before going for the second cluster jewel, I was still using the mana flask in combination with The Agnostic keystone: that was a great source of life regen, wonderful against damage over time (especially traps, made the labyrinth even easier). I would recommend to add this in the leveling setup, because its simply great to have.

I dont know exactly what should I do to improve my gear at the moment, to be honest. What should I look for now to improve damage, without paying 50+ exalted that I dont have? XD

Thanks for the help people, and thanks again for the awesome guide.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jul 19, 2020, 10:23:28 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
Hello people.
Thanks for the guide, first. As I've said, I decided to try this build for the Harvest league. Now damage seems fine, but I wish I could increase it more.

You can check my setup, I've only this charater for the current league.
You will probably note something odd:
1) why i have the cluster aura? because I like to have Flesh & Stone. Though probably i should remove it now and just focus on damage, I leveled with it (first enchant on the helm on merciless lab gave me the 30% mana reduction reserve). Do you think I should remove it? I dont think Enlighten 4 will be enough without investing some passives in aura, but I'm quite unsure about that;
2) I haven't completed the second cluster jewel. Yeah that's a problem indeed, I dont have enough points.. and didn't manage to roll the medium jewel. I'm trying but no result yet (crafted all other jewels and went pretty good, probably I've been very lucky and now I'm unlucky);
3) Taken out mana flask. No needed anymore, replaced with Dying Sun for bosses (any better choice out there?) or quartz flask for general mapping and delve. But before going for the second cluster jewel, I was still using the mana flask in combination with The Agnostic keystone: that was a great source of life regen, wonderful against damage over time (especially traps, made the labyrinth even easier). I would recommend to add this in the leveling setup, because its simply great to have.

I dont know exactly what should I do to improve my gear at the moment, to be honest. What should I look for now to improve damage, without paying 50+ exalted that I dont have? XD

Thanks for the help people, and thanks again for the awesome guide.


As for damage, gem levels, better rings, better gloves, better jewels, dot multi + attack speed watcher's eye and atleast a +2 carcass jack(it costs <15ex to get a 6l variant). You could also go all in and do wicked pall + exposure therapy mediums.

As for your flesh and stone, you can drop skitter bots to run malev + flesh and stone. Or the other way around if you want damage.

For the mana flask, I'm not sure how you sustain your mana if you just hold down your TR key without an enduring mana flask or -mana rings or watcher's eye. Dying sun would be bad because you currently have enough aoe for 7 arrows and that flask does not provide enough added aoe for an additional 2. It would be fine on bosses with huge hitboxes but worse on others.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Jul 19, 2020, 11:19:03 AM
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:


As for damage, gem levels, better rings, better gloves, better jewels, dot multi + attack speed watcher's eye and atleast a +2 carcass jack(it costs <15ex to get a 6l variant). You could also go all in and do wicked pall + exposure therapy mediums.

As for your flesh and stone, you can drop skitter bots to run malev + flesh and stone. Or the other way around if you want damage.

For the mana flask, I'm not sure how you sustain your mana if you just hold down your TR key without an enduring mana flask or -mana rings or watcher's eye. Dying sun would be bad because you currently have enough aoe for 7 arrows and that flask does not provide enough added aoe for an additional 2. It would be fine on bosses with huge hitboxes but worse on others.


Better gloves? I don't know how could I find more damage on gloves honestly, what should I look for on gloves? Are there other damage mods on gloves I lost?
As for the chest, I'll save some money if that's the cost for a +2. It will probably be a better damage boost if compared to a Watcher's eye, which probably will cost the same price.
I definitely need to level those gems, it's so long tho... And I need to craft better jewels, yeah.

No problem at spamming the skill with 82 max mana free and the hybrid flask up. With the onslaught flask, i have 6.82 attacks per second.

I see your point on Dying Sun. Though having more projectiles I think still helps against any bosses, because more projectile means that there's higher chance that most of them will fall on the boss: the skill throws projectiles quite randomly in the area, and considering we have high AoE bonus from ascendancy and jewels, they tend to fall far from each other sometimes.

I honestly don't know how to calc my dps on PoB, but looking at the tooltip in the hideout, it says that pods deal 24k damage.

EDIT: Probably it's a stupid question, but doesn't Awakened Swift affliction reduce the damage, considering it reduces the skill duration?
Last edited by Serge91 on Jul 19, 2020, 12:20:56 PM
You're missing increased DoT on the gloves. Something like this:



Tora in research and the harvest craft where it lets you destroy a gem and save %gem's exp should speed up the leveling of gems.
As for arrows, we have enough aoe for 7 of them to hit a target even with the random spread. The more arrows you add, the bigger the spread gets and this is where the lack of aoe to support 9 would show.

And I currently have 266 unreserved mana and my hybrid flask can't keep up if I hold down my TR key. Maybe mana nodes are needed for this.

Also, pob says your build does 6mil sirus dps. Not counting mirage archer damage.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Jul 19, 2020, 1:07:34 PM
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
You're missing increased DoT on the gloves. Something like this:



Tora in research and the harvest craft where it lets you destroy a gem and save %gem's exp should speed up the leveling of gems.
As for arrows, we have enough aoe for 7 of them to hit a target even with the random spread. The more arrows you add, the bigger the spread gets and this is where the lack of aoe to support 9 would show.

And I currently have 266 unreserved mana and my hybrid flask can't keep up if I hold down my TR key. Maybe mana nodes are needed for this.

Also, pob says your build does 6mil sirus dps. Not counting mirage archer damage.


Did you slam warlock exalted for that glove? It looks sick..
"
lolipop710 wrote:
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
You're missing increased DoT on the gloves. Something like this:



Tora in research and the harvest craft where it lets you destroy a gem and save %gem's exp should speed up the leveling of gems.
As for arrows, we have enough aoe for 7 of them to hit a target even with the random spread. The more arrows you add, the bigger the spread gets and this is where the lack of aoe to support 9 would show.

And I currently have 266 unreserved mana and my hybrid flask can't keep up if I hold down my TR key. Maybe mana nodes are needed for this.

Also, pob says your build does 6mil sirus dps. Not counting mirage archer damage.


Did you slam warlock exalted for that glove? It looks sick..

Awakener orb'd a Warlord's gloves with T1 increased dot and a Hunter's gloves with T1 chaos dot.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:


Awakener orb'd a Warlord's gloves with T1 increased dot and a Hunter's gloves with T1 chaos dot.


That is soooo lucky...

BTW, I have to get +1 arrow implicit from quill rain, another +1 arrow from quiver to get huge dps boost?
Well its not really luck. Awakener orb is a 100% chance to combine 1 influence mod from each item. I combined 2 items with only 1 influence mod on each so I was definitely getting chaos dot multi and % dot. The other affixed I cleaned up with harvest and added life + res cause I need them.

As for arrows, yes, if you have enough aoe to support pod overlaps, +1 arrow is big damage. We should have enough aoe to support 8 arrows but Remi could talk more about this. I'm not too sure as to how much you'd need for 8. I personally only use 7 total arrows(no corrupted quill rain) cause I don't feel like I need it. My damage already exceeds 17m not counting mirage archer.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
Well its not really luck. Awakener orb is a 100% chance to combine 1 influence mod from each item. I combined 2 items with only 1 influence mod on each so I was definitely getting chaos dot multi and % dot. The other affixed I cleaned up with harvest and added life + res cause I need them.

As for arrows, yes, if you have enough aoe to support pod overlaps, +1 arrow is big damage. We should have enough aoe to support 8 arrows but Remi could talk more about this. I'm not too sure as to how much you'd need for 8. I personally only use 7 total arrows(no corrupted quill rain) cause I don't feel like I need it. My damage already exceeds 17m not counting mirage archer.


OMG 17m!!! Can I have your PoB?
Holy shit you have almost tripled my damage, that's simply crazy lol.
Also, you aren't even using a Wathcer's Eye (or at least I haven't seen on your passive), which could be a nice boost to damage.

Regarding gloves: yeah, I don't have 30% chaos dot but I have crafted the damage with flask effect (it's 26%, can go up to 28%), so the difference is very slight considering we have at least one flask always active. I wonder if the projectile damage from the implicit of Gripped Gloves works on this build, but I don't think that. I just happened to craft those gloves, dropped almost as they are, removed a couple of stat to add resistance and the craft mod (exactly what happened with the quiver, I just had to craft life and attack speed on it).

Regarding mana sustain: I have taken the Arcane Chemistry node, and have 1 Brewed for potency. This leads me to a +55% mana recovery from flasks (dunno why the bonus from brewed for potency is not counted on the char page). No problem on sustaining mana, though i have very few mana left and that could be a problem if I use vaal haste on top of onslaught flask. I will test, but probably won't sustain mana cost for that high attack speed.
It will be effective with an enlighthen 4, or an amulet like yours that have malevolence mana reservation reduction.. which costs tons of exalted, even this league lol. So I think you won't have any problem in sustaining mana if you take off your mana flask and use 1-2 brewed for potency, considering you have lot of free mana.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jul 19, 2020, 11:16:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info