[3.12] Remi's Toxic Rain Pathfinder | Beginner guide | All Content | Fast, Strong and Easy to play

"
Totalubnub wrote:
So, assuming yall are correct about extra arrows, would we want a 10% skill effect duration toxic rain over a +2 arrow, and just get +1 elsewhere? also yeah this start is nuts, working on 6 linking my carcass jack but using a tabula till then, also snagged a devotos for cheap. i forgot how to link my items but my character is public if anyone cares to look lol.


Arrows do not increases your dps by itself assuming you dont have aoe for overlap. This is because your arrows are placed further away from the location you fired at, hence it wont increases single target dmg, only coverage
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Sep 20, 2020, 12:22:29 PM
Skyler since you arent playing on heist atm, mind do me a favour?

I want to test again regarding the pod to pod distance and overlap stuff, though we only have 1 source of proof, I would like to have another one to double confirm it and here's what we gonna do.

1. Download the AoE radius png image on wiki (I will call it AoE indicator, referring to the png)
2. Go to poe, fire TR with 5 arrows on your feet until it forms a circle of pods around you.
3. When the pods formed a circle, capture the image, compare it with the AoE indicator
4. You can place the AoE indicator to compare the minimum required aoe to at least touch the target.
5. Repeat 1-4 with 6 arrows and so on

Basically what we can get is the radius where the maximum distance the pod would land, and the relation of AoE and the arrows etc
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Skyler since you arent playing on heist atm, mind do me a favour?

I want to test again regarding the pod to pod distance and overlap stuff, though we only have 1 source of proof, I would like to have another one to double confirm it and here's what we gonna do.

1. Download the AoE radius png image on wiki (I will call it AoE indicator, referring to the png)
2. Go to poe, fire TR with 5 arrows on your feet until it forms a circle of pods around you.
3. When the pods formed a circle, capture the image, compare it with the AoE indicator
4. You can place the AoE indicator to compare the minimum required aoe to at least touch the target.
5. Repeat 1-4 with 6 arrows and so on

Basically what we can get is the radius where the maximum distance the pod would land, and the relation of AoE and the arrows etc
I may try that later, but I am currently playing Heist. Just leveling up my Scion/BL/Archmage first. I spent last night on Standard trying to figure out if I wanted to go this TR char or my BL char.

Problem is I'm married with kids and self-employed. And, I'm just getting over 2 horrible weeks of being sick with COVID, so the last 2 days I basically had to play catch up on RL with work and crap around the house. So I'm quite behind on leveling.


That all aside, I'm already 100% certain that the breakpoints are every 5 radius. Like I said before, I watched that video on slow motion for over 6 hours and counted every single pod explosion circle that was cast, and the number of other explosion rings each one overlapped with. And then you saw me post the analysis.

EVERY SINGLE TIME it came out proving that the breakpoints were every 5 radius. Like by the time I got to 9 and then 12 arrows, my eyes were bugging out of my head and I was already convinced... but I still continued and finished the analysis, and it never swayed away from 5.

So honestly, if you want to do it all again, go for it. I think I've already done the work, though.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
burdd wrote:
Spoiler
One of the best league starters i've had so far, heres my gear at 18 hours played:


highly recommend, im smashing the atlas rn
That 6 to 14 chaos damage to attacks craft on your necklace is useless, by the way. That only affects initial arrow hits, not the DoT.

You should do the +AoE/Area Damage, increased projectile damage, or -mana cost on non-chan skills.

Very nice progression so far, though. Great job.


oooh thanks! i never knew that.
could we replace a flask with dying sun fore more damage later on?
Last edited by burdd on Sep 20, 2020, 2:43:37 PM
i've been melting maps and bosses, so no issues as of yet, and thats using the skill effect TR without a carcass jack (wont 5-6 link for me lol)
how do we deal with mana issues? i can only run 1 aura(malevolence) and constantly have to press my mana flask

edit-i know about enlighten,but what about before we can afford it?
Last edited by Exxxiled665 on Sep 20, 2020, 4:19:55 PM
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
how do we deal with mana issues? i can only run 1 aura(malevolence) and constantly have to press my mana flask

edit-i know about enlighten,but what about before we can afford it?


You should get an enduring mana flask which doesn't expire when your mana is full.
"
burdd wrote:


oooh thanks! i never knew that.
could we replace a flask with dying sun fore more damage later on?


Actually dying sun dps boost is not really large, it only +1 or +2 to radius at most. Silver flask with attack speed wins over it. Other 4 flask are mana sustain, life sustain, fortify and speed QoL
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
This is fantastic for the curse setup
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
burdd wrote:


oooh thanks! i never knew that.
could we replace a flask with dying sun fore more damage later on?


Actually dying sun dps boost is not really large, it only +1 or +2 to radius at most. Silver flask with attack speed wins over it. Other 4 flask are mana sustain, life sustain, fortify and speed QoL
My flask setup is...

Chemists Silver flask of Acceleration - double atk speed boost here from Onslaught & Acceleration. Net's a +8.8% more DoT damage for 6.0 seconds.

Experimenters Sulphur Flask of Reflexes - the 40% increased damage is a +5.4% more DoT damage, the consecrated ground gives 6% life regen if on it, and the Reflexes is +31% more evasion rating for 6.4 seconds.

Enduring Eternal Mana flask of Adrenaline - this is my mana sustain, and because constantly using it over and over, it's essentially also a persistent +30-35% movement speed, too, for 5.3 seconds a pop.

Enduring Hallowed Hybrid flask of Warding

Enduring Hallowed Hybrid flask of Staunching

Both of those have a 3.5 second duration and 2 uses (20/40), so I simply alternate them back and forth persistently so I always have at least one running while the other is recharging. Therefore Fortify is up 100% of the time. They're also a ridiculous amount of healing. Like 6k life each over their 3.5s duration.


You can obviously swap in a Quicksilver flask somewhere if you like, but honestly this char is already very fast, and the Adrenaline on the mana flask is more than enough, IMO.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 20, 2020, 8:46:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info