3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

Spoiler
"
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks Giancarlo,

I'm playing on the PS4 though so unless you too are a console player not sure it would help. I finally found my last trial have completed that and am not quite so squishy but still think I need a bit more oomph for my minions as the boss fights seem to take quite a bit of time and I occasionally get one punched. Would love anyone's help in looking at my gear / set-up (tree etc..) and see where I should focus next. I'm running inner areas with 4 watchstones on red maps and seem to do ok except in the boss fights. I've got 2 x EX to spend but not sure where I should spend it (PS4 prices are all over the place).

Thanks!


RSCCCC
"
Hey RSCCCC! For the sake of damage you've removed Fortify and Temporal Chains which can be big factors in defence. Your gear and tree look great though. So you might just be running into unfortunate circumstances like brutal map mods. You've made some good offensive changes to the zombie gems. In terms of damage, besides getting fancy influenced gear, I think you may be running into just the "con" of minions. The more minions you have, the more spread out your damage can be. So sometimes you'll be in a circumstance where all your minions are attacking different enemies. The boss battles should go smoothly when it's just one boss, like the Redeemer. Is that the case?

In terms of gear, there are some items that have pretty ok life rolls still. So if you're finding survivability an issue, upgrade the gear with lower life rolls first.


Hey WoD,

Well I replaced Fortify so I could get Frenzy gem in there. I could move it over to my zombie build and replace a gem there. I was told that this was super helpful, but again being new I have a hard time judging the impacts to some changes like this. Similarly I replaced TC with Vulnerability - which I thought should increase my kill speed with the Zombies on physical damage. Boss battles are a challenge for me. I was in a T15 Bazaar map I think the boss is Scud? something. It was dropping lightnings all over the map and I must have died 3-4 times before finally being able to kill him. Similarly on the graveyard map with the skelly boss who shoots arrows up in the air - I had to run / heal constantly to kill him otherwise I would die quickly trying to stick close to get my zombies in on the action. I may just be a bit damage shy so my zombies miss out on some of the fighting and since they are my heavies linked minions I may be losing the effectiveness of them. Willing to move some gems around if that might help. Even on map Uniques sometimes I'm sitting there just watching them pummel it, but it still takes a bit of time. Might be my expectations are to high :) I'm considering beefing up my Spectres and getting more offensive ones. The ones I have now Host Chieftain / Carnage Chieftan / can't remember third he adds speed buff beats his shield or something. Thinking of going with slave drivers or solar guards to be more offensive. Thoughts?

Thanks!

RSCCCC
Spoiler
[/quote]

Your gear is awesome. I guess even your chaos resistance is capped?

My priorities to improve the gear would be:

The shield has one prefix slot open. There are yellow tier 1 seeds that let you add another life affix to your item. Since all the suffixes are safe, the only thing the game can give you is a hybrid affix defense/life.

Edit: Silly me, I just noticed that you already have a + 1 to Zombies amulet. So we can just forget what I just typed.
Spoiler
An amulet with + 1 to maximum number of Zombies would be splendid. There are several ways to achiev one:

Find one in certain minion-Delve nodes.

Spam this fossil on an Elder amulet till you hit + 1 to Zombies.


If you feel like gambling - put Jorgin from Syndicate/Betrayal into reasearch. He will turn rare non-corrupted amulets into talismans. One of the possible outcomes is + 1 to Zombies. The downsides are: takes time to even make Jorgin appear, even more to get him into Research. After being turned into an talisman the amulet is corrupted and can no longer be altered. You might get something else than + 1 to Zombies. So it's a bit time-consuming, but for the sake of completeness I wanted to share all methods I know with you.


Do you actually use Shield Charge? Since you don't use it to procc Fortify, you could either replace it with a movement skills that enables you to cross gaps (e. g. Flame Dash) or add another support gem to the Carrion golem.

There is a jewel socket without any jewel at the top of the skill-tree... I would either insert any jewel with 5 - 7 % increased life to improve the survivability of the witch or spend the points for other skills.

Greetings and Zombie on![/quote]


Hey Cal,

Thanks for the reply. I do use shield charge, but I don't have fortify so I could change that, but replaced it with Frenzy for my Golem. Could move the move to my ring (convoke is sitting there, but I don't use it often - PS4 it is hard as it is a double button combo). I could then add a support gem to the Golem. I have the jewel socket up top to add in a large cluster - was just looking for a good one to support minions, but yes I could use those points elsewhere until I get the jewel. If chaos caps at 75% then no I am not capped I think I am running at 20% or so. I'll look at harvest crafting the shield, but I swear I tried and it said no room for it, but maybe it wasn't life I tried to add or maybe I need to use defence? My life is around 5100 and my ES is around 500 - it seems like a low combo relative to other builds, but I'm assuming the expectation is a lot of damage is absorbed by the minions. I seem to get killed by things exploding as I slowly circle a mob or boss. As I mentioned to WoD I think I am going to go after more aggressive spectres insead of the support spectres I have. Love to know your thoughts on that.

Thanks!

RSCCCC
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler


Your gear is awesome. I guess even your chaos resistance is capped?

My priorities to improve the gear would be:

The shield has one prefix slot open. There are yellow tier 1 seeds that let you add another life affix to your item. Since all the suffixes are safe, the only thing the game can give you is a hybrid affix defense/life.

Edit: Silly me, I just noticed that you already have a + 1 to Zombies amulet. So we can just forget what I just typed.
Spoiler
An amulet with + 1 to maximum number of Zombies would be splendid. There are several ways to achiev one:

Find one in certain minion-Delve nodes.

Spam this fossil on an Elder amulet till you hit + 1 to Zombies.


If you feel like gambling - put Jorgin from Syndicate/Betrayal into reasearch. He will turn rare non-corrupted amulets into talismans. One of the possible outcomes is + 1 to Zombies. The downsides are: takes time to even make Jorgin appear, even more to get him into Research. After being turned into an talisman the amulet is corrupted and can no longer be altered. You might get something else than + 1 to Zombies. So it's a bit time-consuming, but for the sake of completeness I wanted to share all methods I know with you.


Do you actually use Shield Charge? Since you don't use it to procc Fortify, you could either replace it with a movement skills that enables you to cross gaps (e. g. Flame Dash) or add another support gem to the Carrion golem.

There is a jewel socket without any jewel at the top of the skill-tree... I would either insert any jewel with 5 - 7 % increased life to improve the survivability of the witch or spend the points for other skills.

Greetings and Zombie on![/quote]


Spoiler
Hey Cal,

Thanks for the reply. I do use shield charge, but I don't have fortify so I could change that, but replaced it with Frenzy for my Golem. Could move the move to my ring (convoke is sitting there, but I don't use it often - PS4 it is hard as it is a double button combo). I could then add a support gem to the Golem. I have the jewel socket up top to add in a large cluster - was just looking for a good one to support minions, but yes I could use those points elsewhere until I get the jewel. If chaos caps at 75% then no I am not capped I think I am running at 20% or so. I'll look at harvest crafting the shield, but I swear I tried and it said no room for it, but maybe it wasn't life I tried to add or maybe I need to use defence? My life is around 5100 and my ES is around 500 - it seems like a low combo relative to other builds, but I'm assuming the expectation is a lot of damage is absorbed by the minions. I seem to get killed by things exploding as I slowly circle a mob or boss. As I mentioned to WoD I think I am going to go after more aggressive spectres insead of the support spectres I have. Love to know your thoughts on that.

Thanks!

RSCCCC[/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong but I assume your shield to have two prefixes:

- life
- mana

and 3 suffixes
- life regeneration
- cold resistance
- light resistance

So, based on everything I think I learned about crafting, there should still be room for "add a life affix" from Harvest.

You could also add defence, but the defence/life bybrid affix isn't guaranteed, so you could end up with just some additional armour/energy shield bonus.

In the garden you can also boost your chaos resistances. This time it's your amu, that could be improved. Again, I am only talking about tier 1 seeds. So it should be rather easy to obtain everything needed.

1. go to the crafting bench and remove the life affix you have added (it will cost one orb of scour)



2. In the garden you need yellow tier 1 seeds that say something like "remove life affix".
Since the only life affix left is the useless life regeneration it will be gone and thus create room for a better suffix.

3a. Now blue tier 1 seeds are needed. If you have "add chaos affix" - bing. Just do it. The only possible outcome is chaos resistance.

3b. If you don't have "add chaos affix", but at least "remove one chaos affix, add another chaos affix", there is a simple workaround:
Add the cheapest chaos/elemental resistance hybrid suffix onto the amulett, using the crafting bench. Go back into the garden. use "remove chaos.../ add chaos". Tada, you now have a pure chaos resistance on your amu.

4. Finally you can use the crafting bench again to add the life prefix.

5. You could also try to replace the defence affix with another one (blue tier 1 seeds). Maybe you are lucky and get something a little bit more useful.

Concering the boots... you could also try to "replace defence affix with another one" in the garden (blue tier 1 seeds). You might be lucky and obtain life/defence hybrid. Yay :)

BTW, I'm pretty sad that GGG announced that Harvest won't be implemented into the core game. It was the best crafting I ever experienced in this game. I'll spend the last 5 weeks of the league trying to craft as many nice items for my standard characters as possible.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Spoiler
"
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler


Your gear is awesome. I guess even your chaos resistance is capped?

My priorities to improve the gear would be:

The shield has one prefix slot open. There are yellow tier 1 seeds that let you add another life affix to your item. Since all the suffixes are safe, the only thing the game can give you is a hybrid affix defense/life.

Edit: Silly me, I just noticed that you already have a + 1 to Zombies amulet. So we can just forget what I just typed.
Spoiler
An amulet with + 1 to maximum number of Zombies would be splendid. There are several ways to achiev one:

Find one in certain minion-Delve nodes.

Spam this fossil on an Elder amulet till you hit + 1 to Zombies.


If you feel like gambling - put Jorgin from Syndicate/Betrayal into reasearch. He will turn rare non-corrupted amulets into talismans. One of the possible outcomes is + 1 to Zombies. The downsides are: takes time to even make Jorgin appear, even more to get him into Research. After being turned into an talisman the amulet is corrupted and can no longer be altered. You might get something else than + 1 to Zombies. So it's a bit time-consuming, but for the sake of completeness I wanted to share all methods I know with you.


Do you actually use Shield Charge? Since you don't use it to procc Fortify, you could either replace it with a movement skills that enables you to cross gaps (e. g. Flame Dash) or add another support gem to the Carrion golem.

There is a jewel socket without any jewel at the top of the skill-tree... I would either insert any jewel with 5 - 7 % increased life to improve the survivability of the witch or spend the points for other skills.

Greetings and Zombie on!
Spoiler


Spoiler
Hey Cal,

Thanks for the reply. I do use shield charge, but I don't have fortify so I could change that, but replaced it with Frenzy for my Golem. Could move the move to my ring (convoke is sitting there, but I don't use it often - PS4 it is hard as it is a double button combo). I could then add a support gem to the Golem. I have the jewel socket up top to add in a large cluster - was just looking for a good one to support minions, but yes I could use those points elsewhere until I get the jewel. If chaos caps at 75% then no I am not capped I think I am running at 20% or so. I'll look at harvest crafting the shield, but I swear I tried and it said no room for it, but maybe it wasn't life I tried to add or maybe I need to use defence? My life is around 5100 and my ES is around 500 - it seems like a low combo relative to other builds, but I'm assuming the expectation is a lot of damage is absorbed by the minions. I seem to get killed by things exploding as I slowly circle a mob or boss. As I mentioned to WoD I think I am going to go after more aggressive spectres insead of the support spectres I have. Love to know your thoughts on that.

Thanks!

RSCCCC[/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong but I assume your shield to have two prefixes:

- life
- mana

and 3 suffixes
- life regeneration
- cold resistance
- light resistance

So, based on everything I think I learned about crafting, there should still be room for "add a life affix" from Harvest.

You could also add defence, but the defence/life bybrid affix isn't guaranteed, so you could end up with just some additional armour/energy shield bonus.

In the garden you can also boost your chaos resistances. This time it's your amu, that could be improved. Again, I am only talking about tier 1 seeds. So it should be rather easy to obtain everything needed.

1. go to the crafting bench and remove the life affix you have added (it will cost one orb of scour)



2. In the garden you need yellow tier 1 seeds that say something like "remove life affix".
Since the only life affix left is the useless life regeneration it will be gone and thus create room for a better suffix.

3a. Now blue tier 1 seeds are needed. If you have "add chaos affix" - bing. Just do it. The only possible outcome is chaos resistance.

3b. If you don't have "add chaos affix", but at least "remove one chaos affix, add another chaos affix", there is a simple workaround:
Add the cheapest chaos/elemental resistance hybrid suffix onto the amulett, using the crafting bench. Go back into the garden. use "remove chaos.../ add chaos". Tada, you now have a pure chaos resistance on your amu.

4. Finally you can use the crafting bench again to add the life prefix.

5. You could also try to replace the defence affix with another one (blue tier 1 seeds). Maybe you are lucky and get something a little bit more useful.

Concering the boots... you could also try to "replace defence affix with another one" in the garden (blue tier 1 seeds). You might be lucky and obtain life/defence hybrid. Yay :)

BTW, I'm pretty sad that GGG announced that Harvest won't be implemented into the core game. It was the best crafting I ever experienced in this game. I'll spend the last 5 weeks of the league trying to craft as many nice items for my standard characters as possible.[/quote]


Thanks Cal,

Yeah I just started to use some of the harvest crafting on the gear I have. I will say though that while I like the crafting - I hate the garden and managing the pylon connections - it takes so much time away from actually playing I feel. I do see how it can be useful especially for someone like me who isn't that savvy with all the other crafting methods. I'll try and improve my gear with your suggestions. I also added Gravepact annointment to my amulet. Changed my specters to Solar Guards. I still struggled a lot against the boss I ran into (Constrictor - one of the Guardians - from a Zana map). He destroyed me 2x, but then I was able to figure out that I just needed to run around rather then getting too close, but when I do that my zombies don't get in the fight and it took me probably about 2-3 minutes of running in circles to kill him with just my Spectres and Skellys. I also just made some offers on some animate guardian gear - since I have yet to use an animate guardian. Hoping that might help as well. Thinking about removing Meat Shield from my zombie links so they get involved in the fight more. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help!!

RSCCCC
Another "I'm a newb" moment brought to you by ... me.

Being fairly new to PoE, I dont understand many of the games mechanics. Let's face it, this game does an extremely sub par job of explaining anything nonetheless important things.

Anyhow, when I made my Necro, I acquired the recommended gsms including a Vaal Summon Skeleton. Since then I have easily leveled it to 20 and since it is obviously corrupted it can go no further. Today I was exploring the TB and saw what quality does for summon skeleton. For each 1% quality, minions gain 1% increased damage. I promptly ditched my 20/0 gem for a 1/23 and am now leveling it up to be a 20/23. Total game changer!! Wish I'd have known how much of an impact something so simple could bring. Still learning ...
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler


Your gear is awesome. I guess even your chaos resistance is capped?

My priorities to improve the gear would be:

The shield has one prefix slot open. There are yellow tier 1 seeds that let you add another life affix to your item. Since all the suffixes are safe, the only thing the game can give you is a hybrid affix defense/life.

Edit: Silly me, I just noticed that you already have a + 1 to Zombies amulet. So we can just forget what I just typed.
Spoiler
An amulet with + 1 to maximum number of Zombies would be splendid. There are several ways to achiev one:

Find one in certain minion-Delve nodes.

Spam this fossil on an Elder amulet till you hit + 1 to Zombies.


If you feel like gambling - put Jorgin from Syndicate/Betrayal into reasearch. He will turn rare non-corrupted amulets into talismans. One of the possible outcomes is + 1 to Zombies. The downsides are: takes time to even make Jorgin appear, even more to get him into Research. After being turned into an talisman the amulet is corrupted and can no longer be altered. You might get something else than + 1 to Zombies. So it's a bit time-consuming, but for the sake of completeness I wanted to share all methods I know with you.


Do you actually use Shield Charge? Since you don't use it to procc Fortify, you could either replace it with a movement skills that enables you to cross gaps (e. g. Flame Dash) or add another support gem to the Carrion golem.

There is a jewel socket without any jewel at the top of the skill-tree... I would either insert any jewel with 5 - 7 % increased life to improve the survivability of the witch or spend the points for other skills.

Greetings and Zombie on!
Spoiler


Spoiler
Hey Cal,

Thanks for the reply. I do use shield charge, but I don't have fortify so I could change that, but replaced it with Frenzy for my Golem. Could move the move to my ring (convoke is sitting there, but I don't use it often - PS4 it is hard as it is a double button combo). I could then add a support gem to the Golem. I have the jewel socket up top to add in a large cluster - was just looking for a good one to support minions, but yes I could use those points elsewhere until I get the jewel. If chaos caps at 75% then no I am not capped I think I am running at 20% or so. I'll look at harvest crafting the shield, but I swear I tried and it said no room for it, but maybe it wasn't life I tried to add or maybe I need to use defence? My life is around 5100 and my ES is around 500 - it seems like a low combo relative to other builds, but I'm assuming the expectation is a lot of damage is absorbed by the minions. I seem to get killed by things exploding as I slowly circle a mob or boss. As I mentioned to WoD I think I am going to go after more aggressive spectres insead of the support spectres I have. Love to know your thoughts on that.

Thanks!

RSCCCC
Spoiler


Maybe I'm wrong but I assume your shield to have two prefixes:

- life
- mana

and 3 suffixes
- life regeneration
- cold resistance
- light resistance

So, based on everything I think I learned about crafting, there should still be room for "add a life affix" from Harvest.

You could also add defence, but the defence/life bybrid affix isn't guaranteed, so you could end up with just some additional armour/energy shield bonus.

In the garden you can also boost your chaos resistances. This time it's your amu, that could be improved. Again, I am only talking about tier 1 seeds. So it should be rather easy to obtain everything needed.

1. go to the crafting bench and remove the life affix you have added (it will cost one orb of scour)



2. In the garden you need yellow tier 1 seeds that say something like "remove life affix".
Since the only life affix left is the useless life regeneration it will be gone and thus create room for a better suffix.

3a. Now blue tier 1 seeds are needed. If you have "add chaos affix" - bing. Just do it. The only possible outcome is chaos resistance.

3b. If you don't have "add chaos affix", but at least "remove one chaos affix, add another chaos affix", there is a simple workaround:
Add the cheapest chaos/elemental resistance hybrid suffix onto the amulett, using the crafting bench. Go back into the garden. use "remove chaos.../ add chaos". Tada, you now have a pure chaos resistance on your amu.

4. Finally you can use the crafting bench again to add the life prefix.

5. You could also try to replace the defence affix with another one (blue tier 1 seeds). Maybe you are lucky and get something a little bit more useful.

Concering the boots... you could also try to "replace defence affix with another one" in the garden (blue tier 1 seeds). You might be lucky and obtain life/defence hybrid. Yay :)

BTW, I'm pretty sad that GGG announced that Harvest won't be implemented into the core game. It was the best crafting I ever experienced in this game. I'll spend the last 5 weeks of the league trying to craft as many nice items for my standard characters as possible.[/quote]


Spoiler
Thanks Cal,

Yeah I just started to use some of the harvest crafting on the gear I have. I will say though that while I like the crafting - I hate the garden and managing the pylon connections - it takes so much time away from actually playing I feel. I do see how it can be useful especially for someone like me who isn't that savvy with all the other crafting methods. I'll try and improve my gear with your suggestions. I also added Gravepact annointment to my amulet. Changed my specters to Solar Guards. I still struggled a lot against the boss I ran into (Constrictor - one of the Guardians - from a Zana map). He destroyed me 2x, but then I was able to figure out that I just needed to run around rather then getting too close, but when I do that my zombies don't get in the fight and it took me probably about 2-3 minutes of running in circles to kill him with just my Spectres and Skellys. I also just made some offers on some animate guardian gear - since I have yet to use an animate guardian. Hoping that might help as well. Thinking about removing Meat Shield from my zombie links so they get involved in the fight more. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help!!

RSCCCC
[/quote]

Setting up the garden is definitely no fun. I totally agree with you. That's why I only went up to tier 2 seeds. Simply couldn't bother to put up even more plyons etc. I just wanted to reach tier 2 seeds to be able to create horticraft stations to store the crafts. Since then my garden is flooded with horticraft stations. Looks like a terrible mess :D

Constrictor is one of the worst bosses one can face, in my opinion. It's one of the bosses where I can't/don't want to be close enough to make my Zombies attack him. I usually switch one gem for fights like these. I remove minion life and plug in Deathmark support. This gem gives you the skill Deathmark.

"
Applies a Deathmark to a specific enemy, causing all minions from skills supported by any Deathmark Support to target that enemy.

Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage to your Deathmarked Enemy
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-25)% more Damage
Minions from Supported Skills always target your Deathmarked Enemy if possible
Base duration is 8 seconds


It works wonders... I also use it for Alva incursions to tell my minions to attack the ***** architect instead of everything around him. In my opinion even much better than convocation.

I know your armour has two red sockets and only 4 blue ones. That might make it more difficult to switch it in... you could try to change coulours of the armour. On the crafting bench it is possible even with corrupted gear. However, it costs vaal orbs in addition to the chromatic orbs.

Gravepact is a very good choice. You should really notice the difference regarding the minion damage.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Another "I'm a newb" moment brought to you by ... me.

Being fairly new to PoE, I dont understand many of the games mechanics. Let's face it, this game does an extremely sub par job of explaining anything nonetheless important things.

Anyhow, when I made my Necro, I acquired the recommended gsms including a Vaal Summon Skeleton. Since then I have easily leveled it to 20 and since it is obviously corrupted it can go no further. Today I was exploring the TB and saw what quality does for summon skeleton. For each 1% quality, minions gain 1% increased damage. I promptly ditched my 20/0 gem for a 1/23 and am now leveling it up to be a 20/23. Total game changer!! Wish I'd have known how much of an impact something so simple could bring. Still learning ...


Unfortunately, you are totally right... PoE doesn't have a love for explaining things... and there is such a lot of things one has to learn. I started just a little bit more than a year ago and there is still such a bunch of things I don't really understand. I guess the key is patience and asking in the forums for information.

Good luck levelling your new skeleton gem. 23 quality is awesome!
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Another "I'm a newb" moment brought to you by ... me.

Being fairly new to PoE, I dont understand many of the games mechanics. Let's face it, this game does an extremely sub par job of explaining anything nonetheless important things.

Anyhow, when I made my Necro, I acquired the recommended gsms including a Vaal Summon Skeleton. Since then I have easily leveled it to 20 and since it is obviously corrupted it can go no further. Today I was exploring the TB and saw what quality does for summon skeleton. For each 1% quality, minions gain 1% increased damage. I promptly ditched my 20/0 gem for a 1/23 and am now leveling it up to be a 20/23. Total game changer!! Wish I'd have known how much of an impact something so simple could bring. Still learning ...


Unfortunately, you are totally right... PoE doesn't have a love for explaining things... and there is such a lot of things one has to learn. I started just a little bit more than a year ago and there is still such a bunch of things I don't really understand. I guess the key is patience and asking in the forums for information.

Good luck levelling your new skeleton gem. 23 quality is awesome!


Thanks!

I'm quoting this, but really replying to your above comment to someone else. I'm not fluent in how to redo and unfo quotes and that one was too long. LoL. Anyhow, you mentioned being full of Horticrafting stations. A small tip I figured out is to simply pick them all up and get them out if the garden. Place them in your stash in your hideout. I have around 70 something atm in mine. The main reason for doing this, besides aesthetics is that you can then use the search function on those Horticrafting stations. Need to add chaos? Search "aug" "chaos" and it will highlight all the stations with bith aug or chaos. You still have to look to see what it is exactly that got highlighted, but it helps A LOT. Also another small tip is to place a copy of your garden stash in your hideout near your inventory stash. This makes transfer much easier. Hope this helps . Happy gaming
Spoiler


Setting up the garden is definitely no fun. I totally agree with you. That's why I only went up to tier 2 seeds. Simply couldn't bother to put up even more plyons etc. I just wanted to reach tier 2 seeds to be able to create horticraft stations to store the crafts. Since then my garden is flooded with horticraft stations. Looks like a terrible mess :D

Constrictor is one of the worst bosses one can face, in my opinion. It's one of the bosses where I can't/don't want to be close enough to make my Zombies attack him. I usually switch one gem for fights like these. I remove minion life and plug in Deathmark support. This gem gives you the skill Deathmark.

"
Applies a Deathmark to a specific enemy, causing all minions from skills supported by any Deathmark Support to target that enemy.

Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage to your Deathmarked Enemy
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-25)% more Damage
Minions from Supported Skills always target your Deathmarked Enemy if possible
Base duration is 8 seconds


It works wonders... I also use it for Alva incursions to tell my minions to attack the ***** architect instead of everything around him. In my opinion even much better than convocation.

I know your armour has two red sockets and only 4 blue ones. That might make it more difficult to switch it in... you could try to change coulours of the armour. On the crafting bench it is possible even with corrupted gear. However, it costs vaal orbs in addition to the chromatic orbs.

Gravepact is a very good choice. You should really notice the difference regarding the minion damage.[/quote]


I'll have to try the deathmark out. So do I have to target the boss? Just asking because on the PS4 it is done with the joystick and can be quite tricky especially with a lot on the screen. I just harvest crafted a +1 to all spell gems wand with trigger on spell so I'm going to be moving some gems around and it should eliminate my CWTD. I'll be putting those three gems in the wand. That frees up a 4 links so I'm thinking of moving my shield dash / Flesh and stone / maim support / fortify into a 4 link. The moving enduring cry to my ring and then using the other 4 link for golem / skellys / minion damage / feeding frenzy. I've just got to play around with my socket colors to make it fit. What do you think? Also started to fix my amulet so I now have room for chaos res and waiting to find an augment with life to add to my shield which is also cleaned up and ready.

Thanks!

RSCCCC
Spoiler
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Another "I'm a newb" moment brought to you by ... me.

Being fairly new to PoE, I dont understand many of the games mechanics. Let's face it, this game does an extremely sub par job of explaining anything nonetheless important things.

Anyhow, when I made my Necro, I acquired the recommended gsms including a Vaal Summon Skeleton. Since then I have easily leveled it to 20 and since it is obviously corrupted it can go no further. Today I was exploring the TB and saw what quality does for summon skeleton. For each 1% quality, minions gain 1% increased damage. I promptly ditched my 20/0 gem for a 1/23 and am now leveling it up to be a 20/23. Total game changer!! Wish I'd have known how much of an impact something so simple could bring. Still learning ...


Unfortunately, you are totally right... PoE doesn't have a love for explaining things... and there is such a lot of things one has to learn. I started just a little bit more than a year ago and there is still such a bunch of things I don't really understand. I guess the key is patience and asking in the forums for information.

Good luck levelling your new skeleton gem. 23 quality is awesome!


Thanks!
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:


I'm quoting this, but really replying to your above comment to someone else. I'm not fluent in how to redo and unfo quotes and that one was too long. LoL. Anyhow, you mentioned being full of Horticrafting stations. A small tip I figured out is to simply pick them all up and get them out if the garden. Place them in your stash in your hideout. I have around 70 something atm in mine. The main reason for doing this, besides aesthetics is that you can then use the search function on those Horticrafting stations. Need to add chaos? Search "aug" "chaos" and it will highlight all the stations with bith aug or chaos. You still have to look to see what it is exactly that got highlighted, but it helps A LOT. Also another small tip is to place a copy of your garden stash in your hideout near your inventory stash. This makes transfer much easier. Hope this helps . Happy gaming


thank you very much... that's like seeing the light... I only wish that it would have come to my mind not only in the last weeks of the league, lol :D

I wonder what will happen with the horticraft stations when the league ends... since they only can be used in the garden and Harvest won't go core we will los all stored crafts, I'm afraid. Such a pitty :/
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info