3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

Hi Wrecker, I'm trying this build again this league. Better than 3.10, I can sustain RF pretty early (around lv 38) with vitality and +2 lv aura gem on unique ring I got from loot.

Anyway, I have a question, what is the diffence between :
1. CWDT > Ball Lightning > Curse On Hit Support > Flammability
2. Blasphemy Support + Flammability

Is it so we can run both purity of fire & malevolence?
If I can get max fire resist without purity of fire, should I ditch purity of fire? Or +4 max cap fire resist from purity of fire really important?

"
Hi Wrecker, I'm trying this build again this league. Better than 3.10, I can sustain RF pretty early (around lv 38) with vitality and +2 lv aura gem on unique ring I got from loot.

Anyway, I have a question, what is the diffence between :
1. CWDT > Ball Lightning > Curse On Hit Support > Flammability
2. Blasphemy Support + Flammability

Is it so we can run both purity of fire & malevolence?
If I can get max fire resist without purity of fire, should I ditch purity of fire? Or +4 max cap fire resist from purity of fire really important?



I can say with confidence that the +max Fire Resist is exceptionally important. It negates a large portion of the RF degen. Think about it this way: if you have an ordinary cap of 75% resist, that means you are taking 25% of the damage.

Purity of Fire grants up to 4% max resist, and we get a couple % from our tree as well, bringing us up to 81%, or leaving us taking 19% of the damage. That's a further 24% reduction in RF damage to ourselves, which is yuuuuge!
Another question, Wrecker:

If I'm running SR instead of Cyclone, the only time I'm delivering "Hits" to enemies would be with the occasional trigger of Wave of Conviction/Purifying Flame.

Is it worth it to get the Hinekora ascendancy? The fire damage leech is already moot because, as I understand it, you can't leech from DoTs like RF or SR. And the 10% strength doesn't seem particularly important.

Would it be better to grab an additional Life Regen + Fire Damage ascendancy node in my case?
"
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker, I'm trying this build again this league. Better than 3.10, I can sustain RF pretty early (around lv 38) with vitality and +2 lv aura gem on unique ring I got from loot.

Anyway, I have a question, what is the diffence between :
1. CWDT > Ball Lightning > Curse On Hit Support > Flammability
2. Blasphemy Support + Flammability

Is it so we can run both purity of fire & malevolence?
If I can get max fire resist without purity of fire, should I ditch purity of fire? Or +4 max cap fire resist from purity of fire really important?
"
StandardFiend wrote:


I can say with confidence that the +max Fire Resist is exceptionally important. It negates a large portion of the RF degen. Think about it this way: if you have an ordinary cap of 75% resist, that means you are taking 25% of the damage.

Purity of Fire grants up to 4% max resist, and we get a couple % from our tree as well, bringing us up to 81%, or leaving us taking 19% of the damage. That's a further 24% reduction in RF damage to ourselves, which is yuuuuge!
Hey Hansen_Haryono! Ya the 3.11 changes to warcries and the Chieftain ascendancy really helped this build out.

StandardFiend is correct in that the sole reason for Purity of Fire is to increase our max fire resist. It is the most important stat for our RF build. Bonuses to max resists are perks with other builds. But with degen builds like RF, the higher the max the better.

You are correct though, to answer your question, the reason that our curse is linked to CwDT is so that it doesn't take up mana reservation. I almost had Purity of Fire, Summon Skitterbots, and Arctic Armour...but alas it didn't make the cut.

Good questions!
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
"
StandardFiend wrote:
Another question, Wrecker:

If I'm running SR instead of Cyclone, the only time I'm delivering "Hits" to enemies would be with the occasional trigger of Wave of Conviction/Purifying Flame.

Is it worth it to get the Hinekora ascendancy? The fire damage leech is already moot because, as I understand it, you can't leech from DoTs like RF or SR. And the 10% strength doesn't seem particularly important.

Would it be better to grab an additional Life Regen + Fire Damage ascendancy node in my case?
Great question StandardFiend! So you're correct that you'll only be hitting with your CwDT links. You're also correct that DOT can't leech because leech is only with Hits. That being said though, that covering minions with Ash really improves our entire build's damage. It does seem like a bit of a wasted node. But covering enemies in ash will do more damage than adding the 20% increased fire damage from the "Life Regen, Fire Damage" nodes you'd pick instead. I mean, 1% increased life regen is nice, so it's up to you if you want to cover enemies in ash or have 1% life regen. There isn't a wrong answer.

It's not an optimal final option when you're pure DOT though hey?
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
Hi Wrecker any everyone!

It's my first time running this build and I love it, thank you for making it! I only have three questions:


1; I'm using a movement skill as the 6th (currently 5th) gem in my chest because it is really painfully slow to just walk around, or follow Crawler in the mines, but most importantly: Incursions are impossible without it. And this is where the issue lies: I'M using Leap Slam but it's still way too slow, Incursion time runs out before I clear more than 2/3 of the room. Any recommendations?

Supposedly Shield Charge is good, but AFAIK that does not let you jump over gaps and up/down ledges and doing that can make all the difference in incursions. Other skills I know, like Dash or Lightning warp require support gems to be viable. Frost blink has a CD. I guess in worst case I could get a Hungry Loop and feed it support gems?


2; I'm experimenting with alternatives to Ball Lightning. I currently use Vaal Arc, it's nice when leveled to the max allowed by CwDT, and the Vaal version combined with Vaal Cyclon makes short work of a screenfull of monsters. But I wonder what other options you guys may suggest, and why? I'm thinking it trying Ice Nova, since freezing/slowing enemies trying to run from me would be nice for keeping them in RF (Sand spitter seeds in Sacred Grove ARE PAAAAIN).


3; Any reason other than stat requirement to keep Cyclon at lvl 1? I leveled mine, and its damage comes really handy with bosses that have high fire resistance. And the same for wave of Conviction and Purifying Flame, if I can afford shouldn't I level them (and their CwDT) further for a little more kick?
Last edited by StormHUN on Jul 26, 2020, 7:21:09 PM
thanks standard fiend & wrecker for the answer
I'll keep purity of fire then. :D

Currently trying to find 6 link chest, never got it before beside tabula rasa
If i want to go for a Kaom´s Heart Gold Plate and remove the helmet gems (purifying flame, wave of conviction), so i can have my righteous fire gems on helm (can make it to the 6l with the enchantments +burning lvl gems and +concentrated effect lvl on helmet) would i loose dps?, or is this doable?

PS: Or if Kaom is viable, which gems should i remove?
Last edited by Krimik on Jul 27, 2020, 7:43:32 AM
"
StormHUN wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker any everyone!

It's my first time running this build and I love it, thank you for making it! I only have three questions:


1; I'm using a movement skill as the 6th (currently 5th) gem in my chest because it is really painfully slow to just walk around, or follow Crawler in the mines, but most importantly: Incursions are impossible without it. And this is where the issue lies: I'M using Leap Slam but it's still way too slow, Incursion time runs out before I clear more than 2/3 of the room. Any recommendations?

Supposedly Shield Charge is good, but AFAIK that does not let you jump over gaps and up/down ledges and doing that can make all the difference in incursions. Other skills I know, like Dash or Lightning warp require support gems to be viable. Frost blink has a CD. I guess in worst case I could get a Hungry Loop and feed it support gems?



I use Flame Dash and am very happy with it. It's quick, it actually does decent damage all by itself with this build, and it crosses gaps. You don't need any support gems with it.
Likewise, I use Flame Dash. It's all by itself in a ring. It's been a lifesaver, and makes Incursions and Delving easy (alternating or in conjunction with cyclone). I especially like to use it to dive-bomb into the middle of a pack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info