3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
"
how would i replace bladestorm with cyclone? i really would love to use cyclone with this blocking setup!
Hey GamerNerdRage81! Honestly? It's literally as easy as simply swapping Bladestorm with Cyclone. That's it. I kept the build that generic because people don't really like Bladestorm ;). All the supports, auras, and nodes support Cyclone. The only thing I'd consider is maybe replacing the linked support of your choice for Infused Channeling. The extra defence would be nice on the non-blocked hits. Let us know how it goes!


I will let ya know..gonna do this Solo Self Found because i love a challenge haha!
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello my friends.

I've been playing your slow mo Necro lately. Got her into red maps and at lvl 90. Still a work on progress on her gear tho.

Anyhow, I've neglected this Duelist for a week or two and I thought it was about time I spend some quality time with him.

I recently got my 32nd watchstone aka A8. Still have killed Sirus, but that's mostly because every time i spawn him i am >50% towards leveling up and don't want to lose the experience. Ironically, I haven't leveled in a long time. So many freeze, dc and blue screens. In fact last night I was at 98% and suffered 2 ten percent experience losses back to back in the same map. SMH

Anyhow ... I wanted to ask :

I now understand cluster jewels a little and would like to reallocate passive points to reach the large cluster in your build. Iirc, i am 4 nodes from unlocking the large cluster and then i would need 8 additional points for the large cluster i have. So, which 12 (?) points could/should I undo?

Thanks a ton. Sorry for rambling >< happy gaming

Edit ... speaking of large cluster jewels, what's your idea of a dream (aka perfect) 3x notable jewel for this build?
Hey dlvbrown1969! It's hard to spread the love in PoE hey? I'm always thinking of other builds when I'm playing ;).

The thing about cluster jewels is that you really only want to remove generic mods (like life or damage) that you'll be replacing with the cluster jewel nodes. So for example, you don't want to remove Block Chance nodes unless you'll be adding block chance nodes as Block Chance is a cornerstone to this build. But a few Notables that stick out to me are Strike Leader and Vicious Guard. (Here's a list of the rest: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_cluster_jewel_notable_passive_skills).

So unfortunately I can't give you anything specific to remove from the tree because I don't know what clusters you're choosing between. Block Chance is the biggest thing not to miss out on. Max life too.


Thanks for reply. I knew I could count in you to open my eyes.

First, let me apologize for not specifying that I was planning to use the large cluster which adds physical damage.

Your strike leader recommendation is good, but only rolls on large cluster from added attack while holding a shield. As to vicious guard, it appears only to roll on small clusters. I am basing this off of poe db.

That being said, I am now reconsidering using the large cluster for added physical damage and am going to look into the one which adds damage based on shield use.

Since we are block capped ( right ? ), and these notables tend to add damage AND block chance, then that means I could safely "undo" some block chance passive points in my build and not lose anything ... right? If of course I swap you like mentioned.

Grrr. I feel like I need a master's degree to understand PoE sometimes.

Edit. For large cluster added damage with shield, I would definitely want Strike Leader. I think Feed the Fury is best second choice for 2nd prefix with Advanced Guard and Gladiator Fortitude being 3rd and 4th choice. As for suffix, I am leaning towards Martial Prowess but Heavy Hitter is also not terrible.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Aug 6, 2020, 12:48:35 AM
Thank you for this easy to digest build guide, wrecker! What would be the best place to add a movement skill like leap slam/dash/shield charge into the build?
Spoiler
"
aiviator wrote:
Thank you for this easy to digest build guide, wrecker! What would be the best place to add a movement skill like leap slam/dash/shield charge into the build?

Hi aiviator!
Personally i put it on the 3 link on the shield with tempest shield and culling strike instead of berserk.Linked with culling strike since it can support shield charge, i don't know about leap slam but it might work too.

Otherwise you can put it on an unset ring which can be ez to found and craft if you are lucky.

Third choice but need budget is to use the unique " The surrender " a unique shield that grant lvl 30 reckoning and then you put your gems support and get a 4-link on this shield leaving another 4 link on your items ( gloves, boots or helmet).
Then you can put Berserk-Culling Strike-Movement Skill-Tempest Shield

Hope it helps you those are the ways I know ^^
Well, I made my cluster jewel. Took me WAY longer than it should have. I think I literally rolled 50 or 60 other combinations of triple Notable clusters before I got the one I wanted.

Feed the Fury
Martial Prowess
Strike Leader

Now I need to work on two regular jewels. LoL. I hadn't even thought about having 2 jewel slots opened up.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Aug 6, 2020, 5:31:36 AM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Well, I made my cluster jewel. Took me WAY longer than it should have. I think I literally rolled 50 or 60 other combinations of triple Notable clusters before I got the one I wanted.

Feed the Fury
Martial Prowess
Strike Leader

Now I need to work on two regular jewels. LoL. I hadn't even thought about having 2 jewel slots opened up.


Hi... that "1969" into your nickname let me think about someone over fifty... I was born in 1968 (all my chars end with LXVIII)... That said I'm here because I'm playing the build of Wrecker with little variations... I'm having fun using Cyclone instead of Bladestorm and I'm also interested into your discussion about cluster jewels... Can you share more info on how did you crafted such jewel?

thanks in advance
Hey so thanks Wrecker for the awesome guide! Having fun with this build and I have pushed all the way to T16 maps. Right now i am starting to have some trouble with the build and was looking from advice from anyone one how to improve.

I feel like I am lacking in both damage and defenses. Map clearing and boss DPS can be a struggle on T16 maps. I stopped corrupting the maps cuz i was dying too much. I did make a few changes to the tree and gem set up when I hit T15 maps. Any advice on what I should focus on or change to improve the build would be great.

Here is the PoB for anyone that wants to take a look.
https://pastebin.com/3VuRuG2q
"
DioPorcino wrote:
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Well, I made my cluster jewel. Took me WAY longer than it should have. I think I literally rolled 50 or 60 other combinations of triple Notable clusters before I got the one I wanted.

Feed the Fury
Martial Prowess
Strike Leader

Now I need to work on two regular jewels. LoL. I hadn't even thought about having 2 jewel slots opened up.


Hi... that "1969" into your nickname let me think about someone over fifty... I was born in 1968 (all my chars end with LXVIII)... That said I'm here because I'm playing the build of Wrecker with little variations... I'm having fun using Cyclone instead of Bladestorm and I'm also interested into your discussion about cluster jewels... Can you share more info on how did you crafted such jewel?

thanks in advance


Yes, your assumption is correct. I was born in 1969. Nice to meet a fellow old, er I mean, leveled up person. ><

As to crafting, I urge you to make a pot of coffee and watch some you tube. Start with ZiggyD and his intro guide to harvest crafting. From there just pick a few more than interest you. You will soon get a grasp of the mechanics. As for garden layout and setup, I turned to reddit. I found a good template to use.

Assuming you know all that already and just want the nuts and bolts of what I did ...

Start with poe db. This site shows all prefix and suffix modifiers for a given item. So, when I clicked on large cluster jewel from poe db, I saw all the different variations. When I further chose the added attack while holding a shield version, I saw all the prefix and suffix that are possible.

Since I am not familiar with them all, I basically just clicked on each h notable and wrote down what each did. I then crossed off the ones that I knew I didn't want and I circled the ones I did. This led me to the decision to use the 3 notables I listed above.

Once all of that is done, I then looked back at poe db and saw that each of my notables was tagged as attack. They may or may not also be tagged as speed or life. But, the important thing is that they all were attack modifiers.

Another important thing from poe db is to look at the number in parenthesis for each modifier. Most had a (50). A few were (1). I think one was (68). This refers to the item level of the item you are crafting. If, as an example, you used an item level of 49 for you cluster, then none of the modifiers with (50) or (68) could possibly roll on that cluster. Since my modifiers included those (50), I had to find a base gem of item level 50 or higher.

The above is the "hard part". Planning and preparation is everything in crafting.

All that is left is to farm up tier 1 seeds. Harvest them. Use the reforge with attack recipe until you get the desired outcome. You will notice substantial improved results crafting when you use the recipe that says it will reforge attack with extra added attack chances. I forget the exact wording, but its always on the bottom of the harvest recipe list at the collector.

Now just reforge over and over, get more seeds and rinse and repeat. It probably took me over 500 seeds to get the exact combination I wanted. Maybe more. I didn't count.

Please note that spamming reforge is my recommended method for cluster jewels only. To harvest craft other items, you only spam reforge until you get a good base and from there, you augment, remove or remove and add modifiers.

I hope this made some sense. I just woke up and am having coffee so I am not sure of the cohesiveness of my reply.

Lmk
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for reply. I knew I could count in you to open my eyes.

First, let me apologize for not specifying that I was planning to use the large cluster which adds physical damage.

Your strike leader recommendation is good, but only rolls on large cluster from added attack while holding a shield. As to vicious guard, it appears only to roll on small clusters. I am basing this off of poe db.

That being said, I am now reconsidering using the large cluster for added physical damage and am going to look into the one which adds damage based on shield use.

Since we are block capped ( right ? ), and these notables tend to add damage AND block chance, then that means I could safely "undo" some block chance passive points in my build and not lose anything ... right? If of course I swap you like mentioned.

Grrr. I feel like I need a master's degree to understand PoE sometimes.

Edit. For large cluster added damage with shield, I would definitely want Strike Leader. I think Feed the Fury is best second choice for 2nd prefix with Advanced Guard and Gladiator Fortitude being 3rd and 4th choice. As for suffix, I am leaning towards Martial Prowess but Heavy Hitter is also not terrible.
:) Hey dlvbrown1969! Though a Masters degree helps when it comes to min/maxing a character, you don't need it to do well in the game. The game can be cleared quite well by keeping things simple. So don't worry too much about the minor details. Just make sure you aren't making the build worse with any conflicts.

To answer your question, yes, we are capped for block chance. You don't even need to stay capped if you don't want to as the Violent Retaliation gives us block chance. But that node gets riskier the more you NEED it.
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
"
axlr5366 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
"
aiviator wrote:
Thank you for this easy to digest build guide, wrecker! What would be the best place to add a movement skill like leap slam/dash/shield charge into the build?

Hi aiviator!
Personally i put it on the 3 link on the shield with tempest shield and culling strike instead of berserk.Linked with culling strike since it can support shield charge, i don't know about leap slam but it might work too.

Otherwise you can put it on an unset ring which can be ez to found and craft if you are lucky.

Third choice but need budget is to use the unique " The surrender " a unique shield that grant lvl 30 reckoning and then you put your gems support and get a 4-link on this shield leaving another 4 link on your items ( gloves, boots or helmet).
Then you can put Berserk-Culling Strike-Movement Skill-Tempest Shield

Hope it helps you those are the ways I know ^^
Hey aiviator! Thanks for the thanks! I'm glad the build and guide are your style! I appreciate the note.

axlr5366 answered the movement skill question better than I would have but with the same suggestions I would have given.

Thanks for the kind note!
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info