The new graphical Bloom effect is BLECH even on low

Bex @ reddit 5 days ago:
"
All of the instances we've seen of people posting examples of how bloom looks bad are cases where it's bugged and we will need to fix it. I understand this is a bit of an eyesore in these cases but we will work on correcting them and hopefully the bloom improvements as a whole will be more welcome. Do of course continue to raise this feedback if you feel it's a problem once these bugged cases have been fixed.

Bex in the same thread:
"
I’ll raise this issue again. Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

but nothing about removing it completly for ppl which are getting headache and stuff like that.
Last edited by Ronskibonski on Jun 28, 2020, 7:32:14 PM
I suspect this setting is forced at the moment so they can collect data on how well it works, instead of just letting everyone switch it off and so learning nothing about how to improve it. The good thing about that rather optimistic view of the situation is that that means that we'll eventually get the option to switch it off, once they're done with all their testing.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies[/quote]
"
Exile009 wrote:
I suspect this setting is forced at the moment so they can collect data on how well it works, instead of just letting everyone switch it off and so learning nothing about how to improve it. The good thing about that rather optimistic view of the situation is that that means that we'll eventually get the option to switch it off, once they're done with all their testing.

Exiles really go to huge lengths to excuse GGG, don't they. Huehuehue. "there just has to be a good explanation".

The problem with poe and why this game has turned into an extreme mess is that for every problem them fix, they introduce content with 3 new problems. They just keep rolling out way too many things than they can handle over time is has ruined the game.
Check out my "No Flashy ItemFilter" on account page, if you want a quality, simple, rich-colored filter that does not look like a rainbow took a dump all over your screen.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 6, 2020, 6:23:01 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Exiles really go to huge lengths to excuse GGG, don't they. Huehuehue. "there just has to be a good explanation".

You need to work on your reading skills. I didn't excuse GGG of anything, nor said I agreed with this decision (if this was the reason - I did say, "I suspect"). I simply provided an explanation, a reasonably likely one imo, not proposed that explanation as a justification for the decision.

Really, you could critique that decision easily - people already complain about being used as beta testers by GGG, so you could easily hit back saying this is another example of that. But no, because some of you are so enamored of the idea of dividing the world into two camps - the 'haters' and 'white knights' in this case - with no semblance of nuance, you immediately grabbed onto the interpretation that aligned with that view i.e. that I was excusing GGG. The only thing that reveals is how clouded your own vision is. Think. Better.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies[/quote]
"
Exile009 wrote:

Even if it's true, i prefer not to participate in such questionable experiments.
Ain't nobody seems to like extreme bloom effects firsthand apart from some tes/fallout series "modders".

Also, there's enough more important issues like say overall shitty disk load performance - now it seems having a separate sata ssd is not enough, poe lags heavily on everything that appears for the first time in a location - syndicate, legion, breach etc. Of course i can replace my mobo and buy a couple m2/pcie ssds or (that would be cheaper) another 32g ram to run poe from ramdisk, but doing that for a single "so special" game sounds silly. Other games work just fine even on 5400rpm hdd.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
3.11.1B patch notes

"
Bloom Improvements
Reduced the intensity of Bloom effects for the following assets: The Eradicator skills, Stygian Desecrate Effect, Tornado Shot, Flame Golem skills, Tectonic Slam, Automaton Divine Ire Effect, Phasing effect and Pandemonium Wings.
Fixed a bug where using Divine Ire while wearing the Angelic Helmet microtransaction caused bright visual flashes.

Any reduction to bloom is continually welcome.

Still requesting to have the option to COMPLETELY turn it off.

Any bloom is bad for me, even if its toned down. Its really upsetting to have invested the time and money I have in this game for so long, when it had an option to completely disable it, to now, have it forced upon me.

Thats not cool, GGG. Not cool at all.
"
Zewks wrote:
3.11.1B patch notes

"
Bloom Improvements
Reduced the intensity of Bloom effects for the following assets: The Eradicator skills, Stygian Desecrate Effect, Tornado Shot, Flame Golem skills, Tectonic Slam, Automaton Divine Ire Effect, Phasing effect and Pandemonium Wings.
Fixed a bug where using Divine Ire while wearing the Angelic Helmet microtransaction caused bright visual flashes.

Any reduction to bloom is continually welcome.

Still requesting to have the option to COMPLETELY turn it off.

Any bloom is bad for me, even if its toned down. Its really upsetting to have invested the time and money I have in this game for so long, when it had an option to completely disable it, to now, have it forced upon me.

Thats not cool, GGG. Not cool at all.

True.

I found a couple of commands (in config)

under [display] you have bloom_strength

set it to 0 and add bloom_intensity and bloom_sampler

bloom_strength=0
bloom_intensity=0
bloom_sampler=false

Let me know if that helps.
Last edited by alexsteh on Jul 13, 2020, 4:26:03 AM
"
Zewks wrote:
5 pages in... would be nice if a GGG rep were to pass this along to the team.

Not gonna happen. They don't read these forums. Reddit has 111 posts and from what I've seen from support in the past, they only post there. This forum is useless.

If bloom is still in effect and just tuned down, I'm still not logging in.
Last edited by IQof3 on Aug 13, 2020, 8:05:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info