Harvest has the highest 1 week player dropout rate in poe history

Something fun that I ran into over at reddit

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hi47ig/harvest_league_broke_historical_records_for/

tldr: harvest lost 36% of the player count on steam after 1 week, the highest ever recorded
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2020, 1:26:20 PM
"
yamface wrote:

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hi47ig/harvest_league_broke_historical_records_for/

tldr: harvest lost 36% of the player count on steam after 1 week, the highest ever recorded

Look we get it, a lot of players don't like Factorio (harvest), nor they should imo. It is what it is, and Harvest won't change just because it has highest rating for quitting players.

Unlike some entitled snowflakes/players so to speak, PoE is here to stay and will have once again "highest ratiung of most played game on steam", all of you snowflakes will lose your shit once PoE 2 is released and will praise the game even more.

Stop behaving like this is the end of the world, and leave it to the ppl that actually enjoy Harvest. It's even better now, where you don't hear complains 24/7. Like one NPC in Act 3 said once: Have fun... elsewhere.
Last edited by Nexeus on Jun 29, 2020, 11:44:01 PM
"
Nexeus wrote:
"
yamface wrote:

Look we get it, a lot of players don't like Factorio (harvest), nor they should imo. It is what it is, and Harvest won't change just because it has highest rating for quitting players.

Unlike some entitled snowflakes/players so to speak, PoE is here to stay and will have once again "highest ratiung of most played game on steam", all of you snowflakes will lose your shit once PoE 2 is released and will praise the game even more.

Stop behaving like this is the end of the world, and leave it to the ppl that actually enjoy Harvest.

Imo, you appear to be the one over reacting. The op is just reporting some news. Chill.
:(
"
yamface wrote:

also recorded the highest concurrent players ever. who cares
"
xMustard wrote:
"
yamface wrote:

GGG does, probably.

The first 3 weeks of a league is the time they push new MTX.
The weirdest part is I think they knew this would happen yet pushed the league out anyway.
to be fair i think some of this has to do with the fact that everyone was quarantined, so we were all able to play PoE ALOT more. And burn out on delerium.

So when a new league comes and the new mechanic is very meh, i can see the drop off.
"
yamface wrote:

tldr: harvest lost 36% of the players , the highest ever recorded

I'am doing my part!

"
xMustard wrote:

You meant to say: concurrent accounts ever. Stable launch equals stable botting equals 1:200 after all.
Last edited by DasName on Jun 30, 2020, 2:39:58 AM
I don't know if it was always like this or if it is current events making people even more on edge but there are a lot of angry players venting on reddit atm.

I thought harvest was going to be meh and close to standard and it seems my impression is shared yet I am still playing and having fun while messing with the garden.

There is maybe a combination of 3 things:

1: The game is suffering more and more from bloat and repetition, a concern many have raised. GGG came with a kind of answer which was akin to pouring oil on fire by adding 3 new tabs and promising needed changes for later

2: Crafting league is always risky, it has always been something the most dedicated players really get into while the mass is happy trading for items directly (hence the ever complains regarding trading limitation). Yet GGG, as a little bit too often, seems to not have quite tune the RNG factor to the player's fun.
I think cluster jewel crafting last league was actually almost perfect from the pov of a more casual player. It was crafting and yet attainable, way too attainable for GGG who destroyed their work and has now to backpedal. It is actually strange Chris Wilson mentions reusing assets with a twist to put out content constantly and yet they keep running in the issue of invalidating part of their new systems by rendering it completely useless.

3: The new players are a lot less dedicated and lenient than the hardcore base. The game growing in popularity and players is good for GGG and their revenue but it comes at the cost of seducing less and less patient gamers who are prompt to switch to another game after voicing their issues or anger.

Also bots, bots everywhere, is the bot protecting system of GGG overrun, I keep getting messaged by bots, like once every minute if I put some uniques with IQ or IR for sale.
this game DONT need crafting mecha anymore they must learn it , CRAFTING make end game faster so u boring faster

ARPG game u have to hunt to loot % RNG to gear up

but crafting make it easier so u end game in first week like diablo 3 " garbage "

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info