Harvest has the highest 1 week player dropout rate in poe history

"
Arkanis_Gath wrote:
I work in finance and logistic. I spend my whole working time on excel, SAP in planning boring things for 10 hours a day.
After this, i just want to PLAY A GAME and have some fun ! i wouldn't even manage a harvest garden if GGG payed me for.

Synthesis was a major failed because too complex and GGG recognized it was a mistake. So they went in a good way with Legion, blight, metamorph and delirium. Meet the event ... do it ... get your reward ... collect for special rewarding event. Simple and efficient. Relaxing gameplay. Why Harvest ????

Of course i can copy a garden template but i really don't want.

Harvest is also a nerfed league ; a very few build are viable for casual players like me. I made a VD necro as a starter ... fine choice ... but quite the only choice ... so price are completely unaffordable so im totally stucked.

I tried sirus A5 and couldn't beat him. Still another frustration and i reinstalled Diablo III to find some fun in playing ( can you believe it ???)

"Of course i can copy a garden template but i really don't want."

See, thats the problem. There are even shortcuts. Crafting is easier than ever before and more accessible. If there is a time to get familiar with crafting, its now. Yet people rather spend hours flipping and searching trades. Same with copying builds instead of actually learning the mechanics of the game. Took me less than half an hour to understand Harvest and how to optimize the garden. Whos fault is it then really? Thats why Im saying gamers are lazy and the only accepted league "mechanic" is loot pinata.

Enjoy Breach 10.0 in the future.
Last edited by Walltrigger on Jul 9, 2020, 6:25:47 AM
"
Walltrigger wrote:
Thats why Im saying gamers are lazy and the only accepted league "mechanic" is loot pinata.

But what is wrong with it though? I also work an intelectual job where you have to think a lot, and I have no problem admitting that I play 'path of pinata' - zoom, zoom, explode, kill stuff, collect loot.

Such casual gameplay is very relaxing for me after the work instead of melting my brain even more. I don't want to spend my evenings on crafting websites figuring modifiers for each item to get decent crafts.

I don't like heavy micro-management in video games that's why I don't play Rimworld, Factorio or even Civilization.

And I can totally respect that people have different preferences. I know people who love micro-management. There are portion of people who love Harvest. However, the high dropout rate is pretty clear indicator how people feel about this League, and that it's not just a few special snowflakes who dislike it.

And I also find it ironic mocking those who like fast pace and trading of PoE when the game is labeled as a trading action RPG.
Don't you have a good league, exile?

Rule #1 of arpgs:

loot explosions, horde of monsters to crush.

you can experiment so damn much.. I think TGGG is at that point, their limit of "experimenting with the field"
Turning players into payers.

Imagine making excuses for a billion dollar company that will never recognize you as anything else but a future open wallet.

Chapter: XVIII.
"
Walltrigger wrote:
Thats why Im saying gamers are lazy and the only accepted league "mechanic" is loot pinata. Enjoy Breach 10.0 in the future.

videogames are about entertainment. people were entertained during delirium and other loot pinata leagues. maybe that means the game fulfilled its purpose?
"
esostaks wrote:
"
Walltrigger wrote:
Thats why Im saying gamers are lazy and the only accepted league "mechanic" is loot pinata.

But what is wrong with it though? I also work an intelectual job where you have to think a lot, and I have no problem admitting that I play 'path of pinata' - zoom, zoom, explode, kill stuff, collect loot.

Such casual gameplay is very relaxing for me after the work instead of melting my brain even more. I don't want to spend my evenings on crafting websites figuring modifiers for each item to get decent crafts.

I don't like heavy micro-management in video games that's why I don't play Rimworld, Factorio or even Civilization.

And I can totally respect that people have different preferences. I know people who love micro-management. There are portion of people who love Harvest. However, the high dropout rate is pretty clear indicator how people feel about this League, and that it's not just a few special snowflakes who dislike it.

And I also find it ironic mocking those who like fast pace and trading of PoE when the game is labeled as a trading action RPG.

Then dont play this league. Noones forcing you to play every league. I rather see diversity in mechanics than the same league on repeat with new types of splinters. Should we remove crafting because people dislike it? Having a crafting league shouldnt be this big of an issue, especially because we have over 15 leagues in the game already that you can interact with.

People enjoyed the game with desyncs, short temporary leagues, 3 acts and no atlas. What happened? Did the game suddenly become much worse?
"
Walltrigger wrote:

Then dont play this league. Noones forcing you to play every league. I rather see diversity in mechanics than the same league on repeat with new types of splinters. Should we remove crafting because people dislike it? Having a crafting league shouldnt be this big of an issue, especially because we have over 15 leagues in the game already that you can interact with.

People enjoyed the game with desyncs, short temporary leagues, 3 acts and no atlas. What happened? Did the game suddenly become much worse?

Don't worry, I'm already out. This is the first League I've left. But does it really benefit the developers that more than 40% of their playerbase left after the first week?

Yeah we have 15 overnefed mechanics and encounters that rarely even appear in maps. I'm not the type of person who demands to remove some skippable events from the game only because I personally don't enjoy them. I'm fine with people enjoying Harvest, but how about the devs also give something to those who actually enjoy ARPG and trading?

Adding more lucritive crafting is fine. What is not fine is overnerfing everything to force players into this crafting. Some say that Delirium spoiled us, but I just don't agree. Delve had only sulhpite in maps - no additional mobs or loot. Yet I don't remember droprate to be that disgusting in maps.
This league is just a symptom of a much larger problem tho. Even ignoring all the performance issues and bugs, POE is just a bloated mess of game ATM with just horrible design decisions all around. The whole company feels completely lost right now. Who are they even making a game for anymore? How will they attract new players to sustain it?
If you go to Reddit, 99% of the posts are thankful and praising GGG for the best league ever. A continuous showcase of Mirror tier crafted items everyday. So, even if playerbase is plumetting every single day, they might feel they are in the right direction. Dont think they feel us very much.
"
ArisFuser wrote:
If you go to Reddit, 99% of the posts are thankful and praising GGG for the best league ever. A continuous showcase of Mirror tier crafted items everyday. So, even if playerbase is plumetting every single day, they might feel they are in the right direction. Dont think they feel us very much.

I actually bothered to look at the reddit a day or few ago and I was actually surprised to see "perdy" items shown off, as what a lot of people thought was impressive and listed on the forums was eye-opening given that so many of those examples were just vendor trash or something to tide you over until you could get a real upgrade.

I've been half-tempted to go back and garden but after seeing my first unnatural instinct gutted to uselessness, it's really hard. I already thought the attacks on dual-wielding cycloners went too far.
Yep, totally over league play.
Well of course playing solo you won't have GGG items in weeks. GGG items you see on the market are often (SPOILER) a group effort of people that invest time and currency to get mirror grade items to duplicate. You can't get that kind of stuff playing alone, you need a team.

But the average crafted item IS better than ever before this league and semi-deterministic crafting helped a lot.

If you go on poe.ninja a lot of 100's still play low tier items yet the average roll on those items is still high. It will take time to get to GGG item for most players but some players are indeed getting there faster than in previous leagues.

And to be honest Delirium was dominated by uniques. I wrote several posts about how in a game like this unique items should never be better than a well crafted rare and frankly I think we got there. I can understand that crafting is not appealibg to everyone but I don't think it was meant to be. Every league has its appeal, lots of people hated Delirium too. To everyone their own taste.
[quote="encore1809"]Have you tried not to die?[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info