Harvest has the highest 1 week player dropout rate in poe history

"
Xystre wrote:
Just face it defensors of ol' mighty tggg.

Quality dropped it's not fresh news.. they are adding bots to the online peak numbers every single league launch to inflate numbers? but why?

man how do you guys come up with this stuff lol
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
Just face it defensors of ol' mighty tggg.

Quality dropped it's not fresh news.. they are adding bots to the online peak numbers every single league launch to inflate numbers? but why?

man how do you guys come up with this stuff lol

"do you guys"?

Huh? who's this "you guys"?

bex legit counted bots as players in the past, please.. don't make yourself a fool the data is there.
Turning players into payers.

Extra money? Yeah? What is the point to have so much money if you can't go out to spend what you earned? - 2020

Chapter: XIX.
I dropped out as well.

Still follow social media on Harvest.
When you look at all those Additional Curse + Flat Crit + Explosion chests, your heart bleeds. This once again will change the powercreep. Metamorph brought the new Chest Metas, Delirium brought Cluster Jewels.
When every build now relies on Cluster Jewels and insane Chests the will probably have to keep pushing the conquerors route, just making content harder, boosting bosses hp etc.
I was actually tempted last night because I read this post by MbXtreme "Aaand the next 6x T1 with 100% perfect Rolls Item is done. This Leauge... idk... What am I going to do once everything is perfect O_o working on RL?"

I mean when you look at the market, you just need 30-40 ex for a dream chest and insane weapons.

So I logged in, found I was still lacking damage and missing the currency for immediate improvements.

If there were any way to swap the craft options for reasonable currency. In Delirium you could just sell Simulacrums and were good. But it doesn't seem worth it and so crafting might have gotten easyer but it still feels like this league leaves out so many players. Wouldn't even matter all that much, if it was just a good opportunitiy to skip a league and enjoy the summer. But I just don't see how the game can come back from where that -15 Mana Cost + Flat Crit Chest that cost me 10-15 Ex last league now looks like a major piece of garbage.
Last edited by Shafirion on Jul 14, 2020, 7:24:23 AM
"
Shafirion wrote:
Wouldn't even matter all that much, if it was just a good opportunitiy to skip a league and enjoy the summer.

the only way for me to enjoy the summer or other season is to sit in my house with all windows closed with no sunlight and to play Path of Exile. unfortunently, 3xG wasnt able to provide any meaningful arpg expirience for me in this garbage harvest league, and that definitely will have an impact on my support. i dont want to craft, to build, to gather and to plant seeds, i want to do mapping with tons of league-related mobs. im ok with additional crafting options, but t3xg should provide additional options for players that like more "active" playstyle. but for those players the legue doesnt any differ from standard.

i would even say more: if tencent ggg will decide to keep the GARDEN in the game, i will be hugely dissappointed and their incompetence will be evident. keep the crafting options, but not that shit.
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Jul 14, 2020, 7:36:47 AM
"
"
jtggm1985 wrote:
"
Uh... Ok, I'll give you 11 weeks and 6 days, can you do the same or better?

If I had access to their development staff, artists, and resources, I could have done a better job implementing it in 8 weeks with 3 weeks left to bug test.

Edited to add: Virtue of hindsight is I would know which flaws to avoid and what to change.

Ok. Please send your resume to support then. I can't wait to see the next league with your contribution.

I know this is really late but I just found this thread and I felt the need to reply to these kinds of comments. I don't need to be a five star chef to know if I've been served raw chicken or rancid eggs. That's a pretty extreme example but the point is, when people are saying that there is a problem with a game, they don't need to be a program dev or in the game industry to have a valid opinion. They don't need to apply to work and fix in the game if they just want to voice their criticisms. That's why these forum threads exist, so that they can be heard.

People can love this game and still see flaws in it that they would personally want to see changed. Doesn't mean that it ever will change, but maybe if enough people echo it, then who knows maybe it can. Just like how some people can be too critical or this game, some people are just so blindly in love with this game that they will never see anything worth talking about unless it's more praise. I remember the guy originally posting a statistic about player drop off earlier in the thread and some guy just exploded on him when all he did was post a fact with no underlying agression.

I love this game and hated this league. If I wanted to say why I hated this league then he forum should be a good place to say it without getting those silly "well if you hate it don't play it" or "send your resume and fix it yourself" or "make your own game then" replies which just serve to antagonize as opposed to having a debate and discussion with other players.
to be fair i think some of this has to do with the fact that everyone was quarantined, so we were all able to play PoE ALOT more. And burn out on delerium.

So when a new league comes and the new mechanic is very meh, i can see the drop off.

Name Combiner

Create unique names with https://www.mygirlynames.com/combine-names]Name Combiner tool.
If you look at the big picture and history of every league:
https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All

There is always nearly a 50% drop off in players by the first month in. GGG is great at hype and trying new things that get people to come back each time and say "hrmm let's see what this mechanic does"...

Retention is not their strong point though, the carrot/stick of Challenges is too RNG and geared towards only 1% of the population. The power creep, as mentioned previously, is getting more and more out of hand each league. Obviously by all the little icons under my name that I've supported the game since launch - but even have had little to no desire to play for the past few leagues.

I'm sure PoE2 will revitalize the game a bit with a breath of fresh air. However, ignoring fundamental flaws within the design system, messed up challenge/reward systems and not paying attention to the community.. is what killed other very popular ARPGs who thought that everything was just fine.
IGN: RFIncBlood_1
Omgmynamesux

your entire point is not true.
none of these leagues got it as bad as harvest
harvests nose dive is one of its kind

March 2020 42,332- average players
April 2020 39,235- "

December 2019 41,688.0
January 2020 39,978.8

I dont see a 50% drop off there.

its usually the third month, yes but not the first or second.
harvest is eager to set up a new standard and im glad its one of its kind.
a shame we have to bear with it till september
"
kekoyaso wrote:
this game DONT need crafting mecha anymore they must learn it , CRAFTING make end game faster so u boring faster

ARPG game u have to hunt to loot % RNG to gear up

but crafting make it easier so u end game in first week like diablo 3 " garbage "

Not how I would probably word it but you are completely correct.

It's simple. The drop is now secondary, crafting is way too easy and way too powerful.

The balance was not having a kindergarten crafting system like D3, so you could customize gear for your build more but not to the point where you can craft a t16 viable item with barely any effort.

I think a few leagues ago we had the best compromise with crafting power and drops. Now there is WAY too much power in crafting and this league broke the camel's back because now people just want to buy bases at best.

You can saturate a game too much, that's what is happening. The challenge has to come back to the bosses, maps, and excitement from drops.

There is too much league currency, we need things to be condensed. A great start would be a league tab with SUB FOLDERS.
Last edited by poeGT on Aug 7, 2020, 1:49:16 PM
"
poeGT wrote:

Not how I would probably word it but you are completely correct.

It's simple. The drop is now secondary, crafting is way too easy and way too powerful.

The drop has not been the primary for years now. how many unique items are valuable? 5% at best?

And being able to craft easy is hardly the reason. The real reason is that there are simply too many layers of rng for it to be reasonably possible to find a good item on the ground.

It is no longer a case of finding 3 resists and a life/es roll on a decent base. No its about finding the right influence or using a fossil mod that only spawns in delve or fossil crafts.. or maybe its an incursion exclusive.

The mods people want are so astronomically rare in the first place that the only way to get anything usable with those mods is through crafting.

"
poeGT wrote:

The balance was not having a kindergarten crafting system like D3, so you could customize gear for your build more but not to the point where you can craft a t16 viable item with barely any effort.

The balance was not having a billion mods gated by singular sources.

Every single source of powercreep have had outside of ascendencies is tied to a new hard to find mod that was not in the core game until a league put it in.

people were shitting on the current content in the game for several years now. Harvest did not suddenly upset the force. 10s of millions of dps builds did not magically show up 2 months ago.

"
poeGT wrote:

I think a few leagues ago we had the best compromise with crafting power and drops. Now there is WAY too much power in crafting and this league broke the camel's back because now people just want to buy bases at best.

A few? Try a dozen leagues ago.

"
poeGT wrote:

You can saturate a game too much, that's what is happening. The challenge has to come back to the bosses, maps, and excitement from drops.

You can make crafting accessible and still have challenging content. Infact making gearing accessible makes crafting challenging content easier because the developer can design content with the expectation that everyone will be geared well.. unlike now where bosses kind a have to be doable on a shoe string budget.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info