Harvest has the highest 1 week player dropout rate in poe history

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The weirdest part is I think they knew this would happen yet pushed the league out anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. I also find that in every other league, that I know of, you can skip the league mechanic and still do fine in the game. Not this time. If you don't become farmer John, devote hours and hours into learning these totally ridiculous mechanics, you don't survive, financially, like you would have in previous leagues.

It's like we've all been force fed manure.
Guild Stash Monkey
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The weirdest part is I think they knew this would happen yet pushed the league out anyway.

What would you have them do? Cancel the league and just tell people to play Standard? Or break the cycle and extend the hot mess that was Delirium for another 3 months? What exactly are you trying to imply with this?

Also, while the mechanics of this league may leave a lot to be desired, they need to test out new crafting options, and encourage more crafting in general, for the long term health of the game. They've deliberately scaled back the loot explosions this league, because they recognize that it's got to ridiculous levels. Meanwhile, an overhaul of the loot system is almost definitely coming with PoE 2. In all likelihood, we'll be getting a lot less in PoE 2 compared to now. So how do we get our endgame gear then? Well, we know they're always nervous about trading being the game's mainstay, so most likely the intention is to push for more of our gear to be self-crafted in PoE 2 compared to now. This is actually the norm in most other ARPGs btw. And in order for that to happen they need to be able to hash out how to entice more people into the crafting system, which Harvest attempts to do. Harvest may or may not go core, but expect to see more of a focus on crafting in future leagues as we head towards PoE 2.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies[/quote]
I hate crafting leagues...

Everything is so darn expensive and I end up quiting after 2 weeks.
Harvest is the worst league in poe history
"
What would you have them do? Cancel the league and just tell people to play Standard? Or break the cycle and extend the hot mess that was Delirium for another 3 months? What exactly are you trying to imply with this?

It's simple, isn't it? Previous experience showed them that such a league was bound to fail and they went with the idea anyway. They also did not do anything to streamline the process despite, once again, knowing that clunky mechanics are universally hated by the community.

I feel like we are in some weird experiment where they want to see just how far they can go with a blatantly flawed league.
my thoughts:

crafting - excellent. Ive already created some cool items I would not be able to before, and items in general are cheaper on trade league, and far more accessible to anyone playing ssf. have dozens of craft projects stewing up. targetable annuls and exalts are amazing, and I see them often enough to make use of them

garden- garbage. synthesis memory mapping was interesting and had purpose. what is the purpose of the garden ? mobs and harvesting is cool, but needless tinkering with pylons/dispensers/tanks is just not it.

I say this as someone who enjoyed initial bestiary too. catching a mob via net >>>>>>>>>> designing grid layouts for optimization of juice flow
Last edited by grepman on Jun 30, 2020, 7:55:33 AM
I also think that one big Problem is that we have way too many, difficult and overwhelming mecanics.

I finally got a New pc and was hyped playing the new league. I was speed running the last days before league start and really enjoyed Delirium.

And now i lost already all Motivation. I dont like the new mecanics. Its ridículous for me that i habe to go over guides and Excel sheets to do it somehow. After you did it you have than to realize that getting t2 and t3 is not any better and simpler.

They should really Focus on getting old stuff better and simpler to understand than pushing out such a mess.
"

definitely
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"

It's simple, isn't it? Previous experience showed them that such a league was bound to fail and they went with the idea anyway. They also did not do anything to streamline the process despite, once again, knowing that clunky mechanics are universally hated by the community.

I feel like we are in some weird experiment where they want to see just how far they can go with a blatantly flawed league.

You didn't answer the question. Likely cos you don't have an answer.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies[/quote]
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
"

definitely

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info