Harvest has the highest 1 week player dropout rate in poe history

I don't understand people being unhappy with crafting. It's a very fun aspect of the game usually locked behind hundreds of hours of playtime to get the currency going.

Good Items are not the monopoly of the minority able to craft them anymore and anyone willing to put a small amount of time to learn crafting has a whole new world open to them without being at the mercy of RNG.

While it lacks the exitment of Delirium or legion, it certainly doesn't dumb down the game and give players that want to engage with crafting good checkpoints to upgrade their gear little by little :
"I need an augment something something", "this item will be good if i get a remove something".

Usually it would be : "Need to rng 180c to get that item IF THE SELLER RESPONDS".

Best part is that very dedicated players still have access to better items than the others and can craft insane pieces of gear and play builds min maxed to a point never seen before.

So yeah i can't imagine playing without harvest. I mean... Going back to drooling over items I can't afford because i can't play 10h a day and settling for spamming afk people, price fixers or people making you pay items 10 times their real worth ? And all that for a mediocre upgrade ? Heeeeeeeeell no. Give me my garden anytime.
"
I don't understand people being unhappy with crafting. It's a very fun aspect of the game usually locked behind hundreds of hours of playtime to get the currency going.

Good Items are not the monopoly of the minority able to craft them anymore and anyone willing to put a small amount of time to learn crafting has a whole new world open to them without being at the mercy of RNG.

While it lacks the exitment of Delirium or legion, it certainly doesn't dumb down the game and give players that want to engage with crafting good checkpoints to upgrade their gear little by little :
"I need an augment something something", "this item will be good if i get a remove something".

Usually it would be : "Need to rng 180c to get that item IF THE SELLER RESPONDS".

Best part is that very dedicated players still have access to better items than the others and can craft insane pieces of gear and play builds min maxed to a point never seen before.

So yeah i can't imagine playing without harvest. I mean... Going back to drooling over items I can't afford because i can't play 10h a day and settling for spamming afk people, price fixers or people making you pay items 10 times their real worth ? And all that for a mediocre upgrade ? Heeeeeeeeell no. Give me my garden anytime.

My god even the first sentence is devoid of emphaty.
There something for absolutely everything in a world with 7 billion people and chances are some just dont like crafting, its that simple.

I for example think the crafts are cool and all but to gather these you have to do boring stuff therefore rendering them uninteresting in the first place.
"

Yes. Better self-crafting of items is the solution to trade.

People are going to yell at me for years to come for saying that, but it is true.
"

Well the problem is that instead of locking crafting behind 100s of hours of playtime it's only locked behind 100-200 hours of playtime. Harvest didn't make crafting good until after you no longer really needed to improve your character because you could already do all the content.

Similarly all of the harvest gameplay kinda sucked. Micromanage the garden with a bunch of fiddly bits. Waiting because waiting is a great mechanic in games. Not being able to use all of your crafts for reasons. Harvest was just a poorly made league, they just added too much clunkey stuff to a league that they should have left simple. GGG's obsession with filler in their 3.X expansions got this league hard.
Last edited by j33bus on Aug 12, 2020, 12:41:01 PM
"

First point you and me might have vastly different opinions on what good items are. Harvest crafting didn't make anything better, crafting is still in the hand of a minority of people in trade league.

Second point yes and no, people make min maxed builds every league and harvest didn't introduce new crafting modifiers. So it was only a bit of balance shifting.
Hate the league. Harvest crafting messed up the economy completely.
i dropped day 1, but because i dont really have the time lol.
"Don't Tread on Me"
how well does harvest actually do when it comes to time/effort=outcome?
how much time do you need to get your way?

im asking because before something is paying off you gotta run several maps find the right seeds feed them the right juice and then your crafts have to hit just right or you reroll them.

the argument that harvest is "time friendly" seems to be flawed...but I dunno.
"
Lucas_am wrote:
It was pretty uninspiring and I was one of the many that left after that amount of time. I feel like this would have been a great league to do a 1 month Flashback event with. I wonder why they didn't bother?

----

The way POE has evolved with Masters, scarabs, map influence etc. it is already in essence a Flashback league compared to a few years ago.

Yes, the dropout was huge early on, but with patching around the 2-4 week mark the league is fine. It is still not fun, but it is fine.

The problem is how GGG decided to implement Harvest crafting not the crafting itself. And it is crystal clear that GGG is done fiddling with Harvest for the meantime.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that if a player dropped out completely discouraged by the BS farm but is aching to play it is likely worth a 2nd look because once you get through most of the tedious crap the tier 1 seeds are easy enough to deal with, the remaining tiers you can set up whenever you are in the mood.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info