Harvest has the highest 1 week player dropout rate in poe history

Legion and Metamorph will be my favorite leagues despite player retention. That other players agree with me too is a neat bonus
guys I've never seen that, the damage control is huge, on reddit, on the official forum radio silence and now on Twitch fextralife (with its viewbot) streaming POE. (what a coincidence)

Now it's an empire that doesn't want to lose face!

be honest everyone makes mistakes but we are not fooled
Last edited by NeoG on Jun 30, 2020, 11:37:40 AM
I was lvl 79 in tier 3 Villa map with no extra damage mods. 2 simple blue mods on map with ele resist on monsters and something else. It assasination mission to stop 3 syndicate members.

I ran around use decoy totem, had my stone golem with meat shield support and I had 52% block chance 24% spell block. Had enduring cry as well 4,3K life in Tier 3 map I think it is reasonable.

I was insta gibbed out of nowhere, like didn't see the attack nothing just poof. So much mitigation and i done harder content before with crazy map mods. I don't ever remember dying to syndicate members like that.

And with syndicate members I always have massive lag when they start spawning and breach stones. Despite almost everything on low everything optimized in amd drivers with surface format optimization on.

SSFHC died at lvl 79. I always say I don't might this happening in red maps or endgame content, but from tier 3 no extra mods map to just get snapshotted out of nowhere despite many mitigation levels. Seriously ?

Im kinda confused how much defense I need to put into the char to not get 1 shot from syndicate members ?

Ps. had 77 Fire res, 76 light and 76 cold res, 1% chaos res at this moment.

See you in the next league maybe. Done playing if you can loose character on Tier 3 map while constantly moving around and with all this layers of defense. Not worth my time :).

Best regards, Fary <3
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The weirdest part is I think they knew this would happen yet pushed the league out anyway.

Of course they did. They said several times that this league is an "experiment", and I'm fairly sure they're not just talking about the actual mechanics, but also the lack of (very) easy access to drops/currency. I think it's pretty clear to say that the MASSIVE increse in drops these last leagues (Legion, Blight, Metamorph, Delirium) needed a break - or a stop - or a reset, if you like. This league brings players back on earth, forcing/teaching them how to use the tool the game has to offer.

But still; people demand MORE loot, MORE monsters and MORE everything. And if they don't get it, they whine. While other people whine about the game being bloated with "too much" different content. They can't satisfy both sides.

We have Legion in the core game. We have Metamorph in the core game. We have Blight in the core game. We have Delirium in the core game. Yet, the moment a league adds minimum extra monsters and/or loot, the game is "trash" and "vomit" because it's "fucking unrewarding". Why? Because these last leagues, players are used to currency showers. They are spoiled.

Now, is Harvest the best league ever? No, of course not - far from. Is it the worst? No - far from. But it's different and a breath of fresh air. The loss of players? A shame. Sad. Buhu. But I'm fairly sure it won't hurt the game in the long run. In fact, it can do just the opposite.

Phrazz has changed his ways. Forget his past, embrace the present.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 30, 2020, 1:31:04 PM
No, the game is trash because the base loot got reduced. You can run hundreds of maps without a single exalt with your only source of currency being fragments. THIS is actually degrading the game to a state where very little actually happens, very little progress is being made and very little number of players are left playing it.
900 + hours on POE and i still haven't master any league mechanism. I alway quit after 80-100 atlas completion, i get bored. I skipped Delirium for playing other games, i regret it because harvest look worse.

I don't realy like harvest but at least it make leveling easier/faster. Maybe i will be bored much later than usual this time i don't know
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
No, the game is trash because the base loot got reduced. You can run hundreds of maps without a single exalt with your only source of currency being fragments. THIS is actually degrading the game to a state where very little actually happens, very little progress is being made and very little number of players are left playing it.

You and a few others claim this. Do you have a quote? Proof? Official statement? Because I (and the friends I play with), have had pretty regular drops, especially when we think about no added monsters in maps.

I hope you're not playing this "trash game"? So you're experiencing worse loot than last league, and the game suddenly becomes "trash"? Not a "trash league", mind you, but a "trash game".

Ok. I guess we'll be blessed by your absence in the future.
We are not few. Many others complain about reduced base drops which combined with no league mechanic on maps (that gives loot) means you will regularly get a couple of jewellers per map. The only way I personally can get anything is by selling elder/shaper fragments and the odd blight/legion/metamoprph drop.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
We are not few. Many others complain about reduced base drops which combined with no league mechanic on maps (that gives loot) means you will regularly get a couple of jewellers per map. The only way I personally can get anything is by selling elder/shaper fragments and the odd blight/legion/metamoprph drop.

Vocal minority that want one exalt drop per map run...

Every damn league is this: "drops were nerfed because of league mechanic!!"

"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds. If your build can't survive that or a lag spike it's because you suck, period. Post your PoB so the PoE experts can analyse and help improve your build."
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
We are not few. Many others complain about reduced base drops which

Few/many, it's all relative and subjective. I'm sure all of them are fully capable of differenciating between "reduced core drops" and "reduced drops by league mechanics", and made solid spreadsheets in the 3 last leagues, logging all drops that came from league mechanics, directly and indirectly, as well as drops not coming from league mechanics. Of course, it's ABSOLUTELY not based on a feeling and/or impression with a pretty low sample size.

Anyhow, "shit game", I guess you're not playing at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info