[3.11] CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Max Block

Any tips on crafting the ring, gloves and boots? The amulet, helm and shield all seem relatively straight forward (at least in terms of hitting something close).

For the ring, are you doing an awakener's craft? Obviously we need shaper/crusader, but are we looking at landing 2 affixes here, or do we just use the combined base as a starting point and alt/reforge spamming for workable affixes? It seems quite difficult to hit T1 ES% and T1 flat ES. Does the craft bench crit chance/shatter + aug crit force assassin's mark on hit?

For the boots, again is this is an awakener's craft? Or do you just want the shaper/hunter base and alteration/reforge spam until you hit T1 flat ES OR T1 MS + ailment immunity. You can then augment crit and res, and remove/add/augment speed or ES until you are happy with the result.
"
BrettLee wrote:
Any tips on crafting the ring, gloves and boots? The amulet, helm and shield all seem relatively straight forward (at least in terms of hitting something close).

For the ring, are you doing an awakener's craft? Obviously we need shaper/crusader, but are we looking at landing 2 affixes here, or do we just use the combined base as a starting point and alt/reforge spamming for workable affixes? It seems quite difficult to hit T1 ES% and T1 flat ES. Does the craft bench crit chance/shatter + aug crit force assassin's mark on hit?

For the boots, again is this is an awakener's craft? Or do you just want the shaper/hunter base and alteration/reforge spam until you hit T1 flat ES OR T1 MS + ailment immunity. You can then augment crit and res, and remove/add/augment speed or ES until you are happy with the result.


obviously, all dual-influenced items lock two mods before using awakener's orb so that the target item is easier.

this league in particular, getting these boots is very easy, because even if you scour it, aug crit guarantees tailwind.
Would you be willing to walk through the crafting process for the gear? I've figured out how to make the body armour, and think I have an idea on gloves, but need to figure out the rest.

Here's my assumption on gloves:

Start with a base with the temple mod
Get it to rare with only temple mod via regal and probably a targeted annul or a remove non-cold add cold for flat cold to attacks that can start the remove/add attacks chain or be target removed with a remove attack to make space to block prefixes with the starting 3 def mods.
Use add defence modifiers to fill the prefixes
Use remove/add attack until you have a good accuracy roll
Use remove/add defence until you have 3 good ES prefixes (this line and the above line can be done in either order)
Bench craft the Elemental ailment avoidance

Am I off base anywhere for the gloves?


Edited to add, where would you suggest focusing on crafting first?
Last edited by Ganchara on Jul 7, 2020, 11:54:05 AM
.
Last edited by Hadouken13x on Jul 10, 2020, 4:11:31 PM
Hey, can you post a PoB link for a scuffed version ?

Something without clusters/gg gear/30ex equip.

I'm broke rn but i want to play CoC again (i have like 5ex rn)

I used a life based coc who worked perfectly last leagues but i never tried an es coc and it seems interesting.
"
Ganchara wrote:
and think I have an idea on gloves, but need to figure out the rest.

The easisest way (mind you, not cheap) would be to fracture the temple mod. It was more or less deterministic before the "nerf"/"fix" but it's still possible - RNG-heavy and (very) expensive, of course. Don't forget to divine/garden-randomise the cold mod until it's close to max before you attempt to permanently lock it in place.

Then I just spammed dense fossils until you hit something like this:



Block attack speed, aug attack. Remove craft, annul attack if it's not t1-t3, whatever your glove's ilvl is, and repeat.

Then finish it with the ailment craft. And divine it. Lots of divines incoming - might be best to focus on the ES and then target-divine the attack (accuracy) to whatever level is needed for 100% hit chance.

Like OP said, it's not cheap. The biggest cost is the base in this case. If the ice nova enchant cost puts you off, don't attempt this non-deterministic base craft (non-deterministic regarding the fracture, IMO spamming defense crafts on a "clean" base might get pretty frustrating).

"
Tojara9 wrote:
Why do you have pain attunement? Unless I'm not understanding something, it doesn't work with CI builds at all.


Not really on-topic regarding the build, but since it wasn't answered/corrected. You can run CI+LL. All you need to do is be CI and have https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coward%27s_Legacy equipped. You might also (definitely) want to equip https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Reflection.
Last edited by b1os on Jul 7, 2020, 7:12:39 PM
"
Hadouken13x wrote:
I recorded a 100% delirium map on a scuffed version of this build if anyone is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafmWyoCExY


"scuffed"
-has perfect ring (70ex+)
-has perfect amulet (50ex)
-has near perfect boots (15-30ex, obviously difficult to get x2 T1 ES rolls, but its just slight difference to total ES compared to T1-2 ES%/flat + crafted)
-ice nova enchant helm (30ex base, not pricing in the 300ES/-9% cold or t1 accuracy)
-mana res + spell block + +1 cold spells shield (30ex+)
Last edited by BrettLee on Jul 7, 2020, 7:48:45 PM
Yeah, I get the gloves crafting, it's the other non-chest slots I'm trying to figure out processes for.
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
Hadouken13x wrote:
I recorded a 100% delirium map on a scuffed version of this build if anyone is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafmWyoCExY


"scuffed"
-has perfect ring (70ex+)
-has perfect amulet (50ex)
-has near perfect boots (15-30ex, obviously difficult to get x2 T1 ES rolls, but its just slight difference to total ES compared to T1-2 ES%/flat + crafted)
-ice nova enchant helm (30ex base, not pricing in the 300ES/-9% cold or t1 accuracy)
-mana res + spell block + +1 cold spells shield (30ex+)


You know its harvest league right? Did u ever try the league mechanics, items which u priceda round 50+ ex arent even worth 10ex if you selfcraft them... just stop being a dick, and start using the mechanic to get good crafts?
Just a little headsup tailwind on boots moves you up to about 8 APS so it reduces your overall dps by quiet a bit on bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info