Toronto Gateway - preliminary testing and feedback

Hi all,

Currently, 20-30% of the players playing on our Washington D.C. gateway are from Canada. This combined with community feedback has motivated us to look into the viability of opening a gateway in Eastern Canada.

I've set up a small set of servers in Toronto for initial testing. We will be initially looking for general feedback and the quality of peoples' play experience when compared to other gateways.

Please note - if the gateway is full, any excess capacity will be sent to the Washington D.C. gateway.

The gateway is not listed in the gateway selection drop-down. To use the Toronto (CA) gateway, click the gateway select box, type Canada, then click Login.

When you are logged in, you can confirm your instance is on the Toronto (CA) gateway by hitting TAB and checking the area information at the top right corner of the screen.

Last bumped on Sep 1, 2020, 7:57:41 AM
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Assuming this isnt available with Steam users?

I cant backspace out gateway to type in Canada.

It does work with Steam. The box should still allow text to be entered in the Steam client.
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Assuming this isnt available with Steam users?

I cant backspace out gateway to type in Canada.

It does work with Steam. The box should still allow text to be entered in the Steam client.

Doesnt allow any typing in the gateway box. I'm special just have to type over the actual gateway.

Did you get it working?

It should look like this?: https://i.imgur.com/uFM3N22.mp4
I suspect the routing for Rogers Cable customers is not as ideal as it could be. I will have to look into it further.
I'll see if I can get our provider to do something to improve the routing through Chicago issue.

There's also potentially Montreal as another server location if Toronto doesn't work out.

It'd be interesting to see a WinMTR to speedtest.tor01.softlayer.com to see if that goes through Chicago too.
What about speedtest.mon01.softlayer.com?
Could someone on Rogers and Bell collect a WinMTR (with a count > 100) for me and throw it on pastebin please?

I need it to this IP: 169.55.182.105
Thanks. If anyone else on those ISPs could also run one, it would be helpful - the more evidence I have the better.
I'm good for traceroutes for the time-being. Thanks for collecting them. I'm waiting on feedback from our host.
No easy fix to to the Bell and Rogers situation.

Could someone on Bell and Rogers try running MTR to these addresses?

199.229.249.75 - Montreal
172.98.66.107 - Toronto

These are from another provider we're considering if we can't get things fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info