Minion Builds Need a Nerf

"
"
Universalis wrote:
"

it will give you as much info as you posted yourself.


No, you posted nothing, i posted all the info, and i'm playing the league: the build I am talking about precisely. I don't have much time to play in your circus tho.


How do you play the league with standard item? LOL, caught ;)

All you posted was standard item and someone's videos that look regular (and it can be done cheaper - if you don't know how it doesn't mean it can't be done).


/start of "shut up" solution:



/end of "shut up" solution

------------

So yes, like A LOT of others, summoner build can be really "broken" when pushing the gear. Survavibility is not. I shall remind some builds have great clear speed AND are nearly immortal - VD, Some guardians, etc ? -

What GGG is mostly doing since years is to nerf CHEAP broken ones. Especially those cumulating broken offense+defense.

Femur+Baron was my prefered for 3 leagues, got nerfed at least two times.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/23387491
Last edited by Universalis on Jul 16, 2020, 10:51:06 AM
"
DioPorcino wrote:
"
Relative to the amount of investment and attention to play involved - minion builds are way too powerful right now. Doesn't even really matter what minion you use - spectres, zombies, animate weapon, whatever.

I get that there needs to be a "safe" choice to play, a league starter for people that don't want to be gear dependent, etc. But right now it's over the top.


I played Necromancer in diablo2 more than 20 years ago... and I was having fun with it... One day "they" decided to nerf the class... result: people stopped playing Necromancer because it was not fun anymore. Talking about a game, the primary goal of devs should be giving players something to enjoy playing with.

I'm new to this game and I'm having fun with my Witch Necromancer, but is not "easy"... I cannot (actually) do any life/mana leach. Minions are strong, but I'm having hard time to figure a way to boost my defences.
One day I will maybe have your experience and acknowledge of the game so I could try something challanging... playing wearing only normal quality armors... or running gear with +% increased rarity and dropping life and resistances...

There are hundreds ways to make it harder and lot of people can still have fun... If they will nerf the build we will end with few experienced people able to play it and the others?... will play another game.



Necro isn´t as strong as people make it look like, there are much better builds.

The positive of necro however, is the gear which can be SSF and still be good enough to reach red maps.

Shaper and Awakening 8 are not doable with bad gear either, you will start having issues around T12, when your minions start collapsing to the damage from bosses.
That´s why so many played skeletons before the nerf, it was the easy path as you can just resummon them all the time. There was a time when raging spirits were the way to go, but they also got hit by the nerf so hard, that nobody plays them anymore.


You can boost caster damage in ways, that you can not boost minions, unless you find very specific loot, which can be super rare. Minions scale well by the gems better than any other attack, but that´s it. When casters gain more and more power by finding rare items, rolling them for crit or additional damage, you will sit there and nothing happens as you are at a cap, that can only be influenced by using vaal orbs to make it 21 or by additional quality beyond 20%.

Very few crafts or rare mods, actually boost minion damage and the tree does not have that much to offer either, compared to caster nodes.


If you play trade league, you can buy yourself out of this dilemma and I guess those who claim necro is too strong, frequently do this. But in SSF; you rely on what you find and crafting is very limited there.

Harvest has not a single minion craft, Helena only has a few either.

Therefore, yes, summoners are strong early on, but in red maps will hit a brick wall, unless you find very specific items or unlock crafts.

It´s much easier to boost caster damage with a single item, than minion with all, sad but true.
"
Universalis wrote:


/start of "shut up" solution:



/end of "shut up" solution


dont want to be rude but these items are unverified.. i can copy items from other people's guides without a problem:



so maybe if you want a shut up solution post your own items?
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 16, 2020, 11:54:10 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:


/start of "shut up" solution:



/end of "shut up" solution


dont want to be rude but these items are unverified.. i can copy items from other people's guides without a problem:



so maybe if you want a shut up solution post your own items?


lol i didnt even know that.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/23387491
For the sake of my carpal tunnel.
Last edited by Alea on Jul 16, 2020, 5:55:05 PM
it is shady as f.. to link items on a CURRENT build that are unverified. there is ZERO effort needed to link your own items:


see that verified? it wont be gone unless i move that item or change its stats.

linking all items as a proof with not a single one of these being 'verified' doesnt cut it in my book. not when you are trying to 'prove something' or make others 'shut up'

in short: i dont believe people who do this

oh look, a legacy kaoms, also unverified:


that verification is there for a reason
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 16, 2020, 1:08:34 PM
Check the rare items, they were never posted elsewhere.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/23387491
Last edited by Universalis on Jul 16, 2020, 5:53:22 PM
no, minion builds are fine, especially in this league where otherwise progress would be gated more than ever behinde the overengineered crafting system which is preventing all people not playing 4h+ each day from reaching higher levels.

@GGG : do _not_ put this leagues mechanics into core, else i hope for you to feel it in your pockets ...

"
sidtherat wrote:
that verification is there for a reason


Good lunk finding the rares i posted considering im the first who posted it.
- you have the link in my signature -

"
bex_HB wrote:
no, minion builds are fine, especially in this league where otherwise progress would be gated more than ever behinde the overengineered crafting system which is preventing all people not playing 4h+ each day from reaching higher levels.

@GGG : do _not_ put this leagues mechanics into core, else i hope for you to feel it in your pockets ...



I was thinking stash micromanagement was already a ridiculously big waste of time :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/23387491
"
Universalis wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
that verification is there for a reason


Good lunk finding the rares i posted considering im the first who posted it.
- you have the link in my signature -


i can link your items and pretend to be you :) that kaom's is cool but i doubt it is yours, simple as that


sorry, but i do not trust you. linking un-verified items doesnt prove anything.

im pretty sure that people will make up their mind on their own. experienced players not going to trust you no matter what you say because linking verified items takes less time than that post of yours. you not doing that.. well, case closed
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 16, 2020, 2:00:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info