[3.12] Self-Curse EK Temporal Chains Occultist Mini Guide (Warning not budget friendly)

Heyo!

As the league draws to a close, I'm wondering if I'm too late to get involved on a build like this.

Leveled an Occultitst to level 30 last night, but not sure if I could make a similar build work on a Jugg that I already have at level 92?


Or, do ya'll think I should continue?
I have approx 50 exa.
I have a headhunter, and an explody chest.

Thanks for your advice!
"
SallyMcNally wrote:
Heyo!

As the league draws to a close, I'm wondering if I'm too late to get involved on a build like this.

Leveled an Occultitst to level 30 last night, but not sure if I could make a similar build work on a Jugg that I already have at level 92?


Or, do ya'll think I should continue?
I have approx 50 exa.
I have a headhunter, and an explody chest.

Thanks for your advice!

Not gonna work, sadly, it should work with Cospri's Will on jugg or any other ascedancy, but you need any source of explosions to have a good clear. Keep in mind that you must have some way to curse hexproof enemies, to make self-curse work. Maybe awakened curse on hit can work as well, didn't have a chance to try.
Last edited by dtx1212 on Aug 17, 2020, 7:09:57 AM
Hi guys, what do you think is the chance that selfcurse will survive 3.12? I'd like to craft items for this build in Harvest and then play it on STD, but I am not sure I should bother :D
"
lampicka95 wrote:
Hi guys, what do you think is the chance that selfcurse will survive 3.12? I'd like to craft items for this build in Harvest and then play it on STD, but I am not sure I should bother :D


I think it will not survive for the following reasons :
In the 3.11 patch notes :
"
Hexproof now acts like an Immunity effect when gained (such as via Headhunter), and will remove any curses already present on you when gained.

So this means the NEW hexproof is supposed to be treated as a curse immunity (when gained) and should not be bypassed by occultist ascendancy or any means.

Look at the Developement Manifesto 2.3 it explained the difference between the old hexproof and the curse immunity :
"
Hexproof prevents curses applying to monsters, but can be bypassed under certain conditions. Currently only one unique item being added in 2.3.0 will bypass Hexproof, but this power may show up from other sources in the future. This does not affect curse reduction that unique monsters can have, and allows for Curse Immunity that is absolute and not keyworded as "Hexproof".


So currently there is a bug because hexproof removes correctly the temporal chain gained by the player but doesn't prevent it from being re applied.

Another way to understand the patch notes is that when you steal Hexproof from a monster with Headhunter, in reality you should instead gain "Curse Immunity".


However, like you I am currently crafting some items in case GGG changes his mind because :
- This build seems fun and it's the most broken build to farm delirium (both survivability,speed, power when you start having the buffs).It's impossible to find any build (even instandard) that can match this speed and smoothness to farm delirium 5.
- Only 1% players do it because it's very expensive and for specific farming.
- If you don't do it correctly you can die at the start fo the map losing 2ex+ currency

So I am only crafting pieces that could be used in other build : explode chest, jewels and maybe the rings.
You shouldn't craft the helm that is used only on this build and will likely be wasted money when fixed (99%+ probability).

It is absolutely clear in my mind that GGG intention when writing the patch notes (refers to headhunter when talking about hexproof) clearly wants to destroy the self-curse build.
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
Last edited by okami29 on Aug 18, 2020, 1:51:15 AM
delete
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
Last edited by okami29 on Aug 18, 2020, 1:36:41 AM
Thank you so much for your extensive answer. I think I will craft my planned stuff first and leave items for this build for the very end of the league. When I was thinking about the GGG intentions to kill selfcurse build, I think they should have just deleted Shackles so players are sure that selfcurse is dead and not wasting money on this kind of build anymore.
"
okami29 wrote:
"
lampicka95 wrote:
Hi guys, what do you think is the chance that selfcurse will survive 3.12? I'd like to craft items for this build in Harvest and then play it on STD, but I am not sure I should bother :D


I think it will not survive for the following reasons :
In the 3.11 patch notes :
"
Hexproof now acts like an Immunity effect when gained (such as via Headhunter), and will remove any curses already present on you when gained.

So this means the NEW hexproof is supposed to be treated as a curse immunity (when gained) and should not be bypassed by occultist ascendancy or any means.

Look at the Developement Manifesto 2.3 it explained the difference between the old hexproof and the curse immunity :
"
Hexproof prevents curses applying to monsters, but can be bypassed under certain conditions. Currently only one unique item being added in 2.3.0 will bypass Hexproof, but this power may show up from other sources in the future. This does not affect curse reduction that unique monsters can have, and allows for Curse Immunity that is absolute and not keyworded as "Hexproof".


So currently there is a bug because hexproof removes correctly the temporal chain gained by the player but doesn't prevent it from being re applied.

Another way to understand the patch notes is that when you steal Hexproof from a monster with Headhunter, in reality you should instead gain "Curse Immunity".


However, like you I am currently crafting some items in case GGG changes his mind because :
- This build seems fun and it's the most broken build to farm delirium (both survivability,speed, power when you start having the buffs).It's impossible to find any build (even instandard) that can match this speed and smoothness to farm delirium 5.
- Only 1% players do it because it's very expensive and for specific farming.
- If you don't do it correctly you can die at the start fo the map losing 2ex+ currency

So I am only crafting pieces that could be used in other build : explode chest, jewels and maybe the rings.
You shouldn't craft the helm that is used only on this build and will likely be wasted money when fixed (99%+ probability).

It is absolutely clear in my mind that GGG intention when writing the patch notes (refers to headhunter when talking about hexproof) clearly wants to destroy the self-curse build.


I doubt the build will survive next patch. If it does though its because they considered the price of the build.
Hey!
Thanks for the guide!
I'm not entirely sure what I'm missing, but poison, bleed or corrupted blood is 100-0-ing me constantly.
If there isn't a constant flow of enemies to lifeleech from, I'm a goner.

Where do we get help against DOTs?
"
SallyMcNally wrote:
Hey!
Thanks for the guide!
I'm not entirely sure what I'm missing, but poison, bleed or corrupted blood is 100-0-ing me constantly.
If there isn't a constant flow of enemies to lifeleech from, I'm a goner.

Where do we get help against DOTs?


corrupted blood inspired learning
"
Rustyy121 wrote:
"
SallyMcNally wrote:
Hey!
Thanks for the guide!
I'm not entirely sure what I'm missing, but poison, bleed or corrupted blood is 100-0-ing me constantly.
If there isn't a constant flow of enemies to lifeleech from, I'm a goner.

Where do we get help against DOTs?


corrupted blood inspired learning


Thanks!... I hit it with one Vaal... gee!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info