Party invites

Am I being a dense fossil or can you not invite people from chat to your party?

If you can't, why not? I've clicked through to profile but you can't invite to party from profile either?

I hope I've just taken one too many slams to the head and I'm missing something?
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2020, 11:14:05 PM
"
Mrnickwan wrote:
Am I being a dense fossil or can you not invite people from chat to your party?

If you can't, why not? I've clicked through to profile but you can't invite to party from profile either?

I hope I've just taken one too many slams to the head and I'm missing something?


Nope I’ve had this problem too. The only way to invite someone is to friend them first for some reason
"
HC9919 wrote:
"
Mrnickwan wrote:
Am I being a dense fossil or can you not invite people from chat to your party?

If you can't, why not? I've clicked through to profile but you can't invite to party from profile either?

I hope I've just taken one too many slams to the head and I'm missing something?


Nope I’ve had this problem too. The only way to invite someone is to friend them first for some reason


But I don't want a friends list full of people I don't know. I want the items they're selling.

It is absurd that I have to exit the game and go into another system to invite someone. Surely there has to be a better system that could be implemented. I know they have the feature on pc so I'm assuming there is some technical limitation with the ps4 that makes this impossible?
"
Mrnickwan wrote:
"
HC9919 wrote:
"
Mrnickwan wrote:
Am I being a dense fossil or can you not invite people from chat to your party?

If you can't, why not? I've clicked through to profile but you can't invite to party from profile either?

I hope I've just taken one too many slams to the head and I'm missing something?


Nope I’ve had this problem too. The only way to invite someone is to friend them first for some reason


But I don't want a friends list full of people I don't know. I want the items they're selling.

It is absurd that I have to exit the game and go into another system to invite someone. Surely there has to be a better system that could be implemented. I know they have the feature on pc so I'm assuming there is some technical limitation with the ps4 that makes this impossible?


being able to invite easily would make trade easy. They don't want easy trade. Warframe for one allows for relatively easy trade so it's definitely not a problem caused by sony/microsoft
Last edited by Rekt_that on Jul 16, 2020, 3:46:56 AM
I've been thinking about this and all you need to do to fix this issue is allow people to "invite to hideout" from the chat window. When someone is a local player you can easily trade or invite them to your current party.

I just don't understand how the chat feature was released without this implemented in some form or another. I can only assume that the people who develop this game for console have never actually played this game on console and definitely do not test the features that they implement.

GGG love to insist on community but don't allow easy ways to interact with community. Seems legit.
*Bump*

This still hasn't been addressed by GGG and it needs to be fixed/changed. The entire point in chat was to make a community but what's the point in a community that can't play together? At the moment all chat does is lead to toxicity.


The community manager must have been on holiday for the last year or so (or they never even existed?) because we NEVER get responses or even the slightest communication from the dev team. It is cowardly and pathetic to not face problems but that's the GGG business model I guess. Take money, don't fix the game or communicate with customers until the game is so bad that everyone stops playing.

But good news! Here's a stash tab sale for you and we have new mtx that will bluescreens you if you equip it.
Hello,

I've passed this onto the team to investigate if we're able to allow invites from users who aren't on your PSN friends list.
Hello,

This should be mandatory for this league on console, if you could keep us updated on this issue it would be great Jeff_GGG.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello,

I've passed this onto the team to investigate if we're able to allow invites from users who aren't on your PSN friends list.


Thank you for responding Jeff. Even if we could have an "invite to hideout" option then we could use the existing "local player" options.
I support this.. It is annoying to add or follow someone just to trade or to join a map. We need a fix for this!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info