3.12 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! still good in 3.12

I'm curious Duke, with your helm enchant change, are you still running HoA, Skitterbots, clarity, and aspect of the spider? Wouldn't that leave you like no mana? Or is the -mana cost on rings enough?
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
I'm curious Duke, with your helm enchant change, are you still running HoA, Skitterbots, clarity, and aspect of the spider? Wouldn't that leave you like no mana? Or is the -mana cost on rings enough?


its fine i lost like 40 unreserved, if anything i could imagine doing is crafting a new amulet with exact same mods but t1 mana regen(with the +20% its like 85%. but not really needed, however it would open up for crafting something els on the shield, the dream setup would require me to also role a res on the belt, then having the 12% spell block+ crafted 5% block on shield. giving me the option for the thread of hope(to get the juicy + another cluster jewel with the arcane surge meaning 100% uptime of arcane surge without using the gem+ 60% effect(damage, castspeed, regen) this would also open for a free gem soccet so even enligthen could be used but i think thats super irrelevant with that more recovery effect for Arcane surge.
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
I'm curious Duke, with your helm enchant change, are you still running HoA, Skitterbots, clarity, and aspect of the spider? Wouldn't that leave you like no mana? Or is the -mana cost on rings enough?


its fine i lost like 40 unreserved, if anything i could imagine doing is crafting a new amulet with exact same mods but t1 mana regen(with the +20% its like 85%. but not really needed, however it would open up for crafting something els on the shield, the dream setup would require me to also role a res on the belt, then having the 12% spell block+ crafted 5% block on shield. giving me the option for the thread of hope(to get the juicy + another cluster jewel with the arcane surge meaning 100% uptime of arcane surge without using the gem+ 60% effect(damage, castspeed, regen) this would also open for a free gem soccet so even enligthen could be used but i think thats super irrelevant with that more recovery effect for Arcane surge.


Ah okay. I think I may be better off aspect of the spider over skitterbots for damage. I just don't have the mana to run both.

Hit level 82, uber lab done. Doing low tier red maps without much trouble, and my gear is still low on +life mods (im in softcore). Probably will continue to play, but might look at using this as my starter in 3.12. Want to say thanks for the build :)
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Aug 22, 2020, 1:42:44 PM
Is "% increased fire damage" better for this build than "% increased spell damage"? I think no because this is not an ignite build. I just got 99% increased spell damage mod on warlord void scepter after about 1300 alterations, not sure if I should roll over it to get t1/t2 %fire damage.

Also, should I take an imprint of the weapon with spell/fire dmg and removable suffix on it so I can go back to it if regal orb adds non-removable mod?
"
wyzim wrote:
Is "% increased fire damage" better for this build than "% increased spell damage"? I think no because this is not an ignite build. I just got 99% increased spell damage mod on warlord void scepter after about 1300 alterations, not sure if I should roll over it to get t1/t2 %fire damage.

Also, should I take an imprint of the weapon with spell/fire dmg and removable suffix on it so I can go back to it if regal orb adds non-removable mod?


fire damage is better, since it scales the explody mod. i would also neather use alterations but scourched fossils or just rerole with fire mod. since that is basiclly free. i got SD on my own. and tbh the only place where damage matters is at bosses, but shurely the POP in maps will get good boost from fire damage.
I started with scorched fossils actually but they are a pain to trade for, not many respond to my whispers anymore. It takes about 1500 scorched fossils to roll t1 and about 500 to roll t2 %fire mod according to craftofexile.com simulation.

I have 27 fire seeds out of 1289 wild seeds in my stash, I don't think I can farm enough fire seeds to get good %fire damage roll using them(it also need to roll removable prefixes along with %fire mod) if they are so rare. Buying a scepter with t1 %fire dmg mod is about 4 exalted orb(mirroring service via beasts), that might be my last option.
Last edited by wyzim on Aug 23, 2020, 9:04:21 AM
"
wyzim wrote:
I started with scorched fossils actually but they are a pain to trade for, not many respond to my whispers anymore. It takes about 1500 scorched fossils to roll t1 and about 500 to roll t2 %fire mod according to craftofexile.com simulation.

I have 27 fire seeds out of 1289 wild seeds in my stash, I don't think I can farm enough fire seeds to get good %fire damage roll using them(it also need to roll removable prefixes along with %fire mod) if they are so rare. Buying a scepter with t1 %fire dmg mod is about 4 exalted orb(mirroring service via beasts), that might be my last option.


or just craft on the base you got atm. its fine.
Oh, you're right. I'll finish crafting spell damage scepter and equip it right now and then farm wild seeds and try to get %fire dmg mod on a new warlord scepter base. That way I won't be too sad if league time runs out before I finish that craft.
First of all, thanks a lot for this build, I enjoyed playing it a lot. The amount of work to write the guide is really appreciated, the crafting guides (although sometimes a bit cryptic for a n00b like me) were immensely helpful!

I know it is basically in the "why bother now" category (Heist and all that in 2 weeks), but I still haven't got around to the sceptre properly. I am at the part, where


I have this. I think I am NOT supposed to be here.. Now I would need fire dmg% or spelldmg% as a prefix, before I can seal prefixes for finishing the suffixes (cast speed and exposure, then finally triggered socketed). But the way I see it, I can only do spelldmg% at this point safely (add/remove caster), as add/removing fire% would endanger removing phys as fire, right?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by MagonDead on Sep 2, 2020, 2:19:55 AM
"
MagonDead wrote:
First of all, thanks a lot for this build, I enjoyed playing it a lot. The amount of work to write the guide is really appreciated, the crafting guides (although sometimes a bit cryptic for a n00b like me) were immensely helpful!

I know it is basically in the "why bother now" category (Heist and all that in 2 weeks), but I still haven't got around to the sceptre properly. I am at the part, where


I have this. I think I am NOT supposed to be here.. Now I would need fire dmg% or spelldmg% as a prefix, before I can seal prefixes for finishing the suffixes (cast speed and exposure, then finally triggered socketed). But the way I see it, I can only do spelldmg% at this point safely (add/remove caster), as add/removing fire% would endanger removing phys as fire, right?

Thanks in advance!


correct, but you can also remove the +1. but that can be forced on agein.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info