Pet models 2.0: different animations for different character movement speeds

As pets are purely a cosmetic feature, I think a good selling point for them would be to have a variety of animations based on character's movement speed.

For example:
The recently added Pegasus pet (mystery box) has a walking animation that looks very odd with characters that have decent movement speeds (100%+). It looks like it's tippy-toeing with a rather stiff, velocity-locked animation.

Suggestion:

Add different animations and transitions between various movement speeds for pets. To continue with the Pegasus example:
1. Low movement speed: current walk animation
1,5. transition between walk and gallop animation e.g. when a quicksilver flask is used and the movement speed threshold is reached
2. Medium movement speed: gallop animation
2,5. transition between gallop and flight animation; the pet takes off
3. High movement speed: proper flight animation; it's a Pegasus after all

The same changes could be applicable for almost every land legged pet; Black Cat, Panther, Tiger... you name it.
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.

[3.10] Double DoT Toxic Rain Trapper: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2723890
[3.10] The Forgotten Gem - Stormbind Hierophant: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2852182
Last edited by Ydoum on Jul 24, 2020, 10:31:51 PM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2020, 2:54:26 AM
I see my advice was taken when designing the stygian steed (has a different animation after the character starts running faster with a potion up).

Can we please get an update to the other pets as well?
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.

[3.10] Double DoT Toxic Rain Trapper: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2723890
[3.10] The Forgotten Gem - Stormbind Hierophant: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2852182

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info