Does everyone prefer faster game speed?

It sadly not an option to have both. Having "speed" means we will have one-shots out of nowhere because thats the only way we could ever die. Poeple that want this kind of gameplay forfeit their rights to complain about this bs.
I enjoy certain boss fights, especially in bigger parties, because it gives that coop challenge mission feel where we're all working together to kill something rather than racing each other to clear the map fastest and other players being left behind and just looting alteration orbs. And the lengthened fight time allows for more fight animation to be seen on screen which is fun and like enjoying watching a movie as well. I'm a filthy casual, and even in RTS games like Starcraft 2, I enjoy playing the game slower and watching the battles rather than zooming around the screen to build everything fast but not get to enjoy the fruits of my labor which is the battle scenes.

Slower speed and more movie watching like fight animations are way more fun for me.
I prefer a slower playstyle. I play POE to chill and avoid stress, not to speedrun.
I would prefer to be able to see what the enemy is doing and reacting to that. This game isn't exactly built for that kind of gameplay though.
"
Magebanana wrote:
I would prefer to be able to see what the enemy is doing and reacting to that. This game isn't exactly built for that kind of gameplay though.


I looking forward to this too.
I do boss fight because it's that kind of experience.
I feel like mapping is for the speedster and the react and adapt playstyle goes into bossfight so everyone have their content i guess.
I wont be against this experience a bit more in map too but that would not please the zoomer that really like the actual state and i can understand that.
Everyone can drink his cup in this game and that's nice
Delight in your gilded dungeon, Ascendant.
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
"
Magebanana wrote:
I would prefer to be able to see what the enemy is doing and reacting to that. This game isn't exactly built for that kind of gameplay though.


I looking forward to this too.
I do boss fight because it's that kind of experience.
I feel like mapping is for the speedster and the react and adapt playstyle goes into bossfight so everyone have their content i guess.
I wont be against this experience a bit more in map too but that would not please the zoomer that really like the actual state and i can understand that.
Everyone can drink his cup in this game and that's nice



Yeah, but most endgame-bosses in Poe have this problem where the longer you take to kill them the worse the fights get. This is specially important in Shaper (stack a bunch of pools in the bullet hell bubble are and you are screwed), Elder(stack a bunch of puddles in the middle and if you are melee you can't attack him anymore), uber elder(you need to avoid the mechanics, but after some time no matter where you walk you will be dying/being slowed) and the fat dude of synthesis(that creates a billion pilons that explode for a shitton of damage).
Take too long to kill those and you lose all room to maneuver the bosses mechanics. It becomes a matter of: do i want to die to the terrain or to the boss mechanic? Since i can't avoid both when the entire floor is lava.

There is also the bosses with map mods, it's all fun and games until you get a cortex with turbo, ele pen and increased AoE, then it's all about speedrunning the boss again, otherwise it's impossible.

Or bosses like sirus, where the faster you kill him, the lesser are the chances of the multiple bugs he has happening to you and bricking the fight.

Even bosses in this game are made in a way that favors speedrunning them.
Delirium was my favorite league, for me it made running maps fun, exciting and I went all out on every single map. I am not the type who enjoys mindless mapping. And as we all know if you didn't have a strong fast build you likely didn't like Delirium. The backtracking and fog I could have lived without, but it was what it was. GGG always makes some sort of miscalculation in every league.

Getting to the point...I don't see how GGG can slow things down without going completely overboard with 1 shots and on-death effects which we all hate. Thus IMO zoom zoom is a reasonable way to scale rewards since most of the drops are some sort of RNG.
No, I hate it, and have pretty much given up on the game thanks to it.

The game has become progressively faster for every expansion, it feels. At the point where we're at now, it feels more and more like an auto-clicker game. Right-click and the whole screen dies. I've no idea what mobs I'm even facing, they move so quickly and die so quickly it's hard to tell. There is no challenge, no adventure, no RPG. You either kill something instantly or it instantly kills you.

That's where we're at, eight years after beta started. The game in 2020 has almost nothing in common with the game I started playing in 2012.
I struggle to understand GGG on this subject. In one moment, they are talking about slowing the game down, but emphasize that it has do be done slowly - if it should be done at all. Since then, they've increased movement speed on boots from 30 to 35, introduced new movement skills, developed Delirium league, where the whole point was going fast, and topped it all with Harvest, where Elusive+Tailwind boots became the 'norm'.

Personally, I like the choice of going fast. But the opportunity cost of going fast is way too small. It's like crit (for most non-DoT builds). Why would I ever want to go RT, when there's no opportunity cost in going crit? No, remove speed from gear, and put it on the tree with dedicated nodes that give you nothing else than speed. Give players the choice, but make it cost.

And for the love of whatever that's holy, forget the idea of timed mechanics, from now 'til forever.
Phrazz has changed his ways. Forget his past, embrace the present.
"
Ceri wrote:
No, I hate it, and have pretty much given up on the game thanks to it.

The game has become progressively faster for every expansion, it feels. At the point where we're at now, it feels more and more like an auto-clicker game. Right-click and the whole screen dies. I've no idea what mobs I'm even facing, they move so quickly and die so quickly it's hard to tell. There is no challenge, no adventure, no RPG. You either kill something instantly or it instantly kills you.

That's where we're at, eight years after beta started. The game in 2020 has almost nothing in common with the game I started playing in 2012.


THIS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info