Does everyone prefer faster game speed?

"
Ceri wrote:
No, I hate it, and have pretty much given up on the game thanks to it.

The game has become progressively faster for every expansion, it feels. At the point where we're at now, it feels more and more like an auto-clicker game. Right-click and the whole screen dies. I've no idea what mobs I'm even facing, they move so quickly and die so quickly it's hard to tell. There is no challenge, no adventure, no RPG. You either kill something instantly or it instantly kills you.

That's where we're at, eight years after beta started. The game in 2020 has almost nothing in common with the game I started playing in 2012.

If you're right clicking to kill a whole screen then you've maximized your build or are doing low difficulty. You're meant to eventually be a god, why even play a gear grinder if you're always slow?

Don't get me wrong, I agree it's too fast overall but I've played no build where I am not at least cycling through 3-4 press at minimum. Maybe just play one of 100s of other builds?

Even the new slam builds have me pressing 4-5 keys constantly and setting up my damage.

I think the speed of the game to me isn't taking the fun out of solo, no I like becoming a god that's what I grind for I think the negative of speed is MULTIPLAYER.

Why? Because if someone is even 10% slower than you, what's the point getting less loot and waiting around?

If we farmed actual open world and had mini checkpoints to wait, like boss timers etc, then maybe we wouldn't feel like it's a singeplayer trade game.
"
kekkuli123 wrote:
I prefer slow to moderate speeds, something like in Grim Dawn.

Grim Dawn is slow for me. I think moderate is something like Torchlight 2.
"
Mortyx wrote:
Yeah, but most endgame-bosses in Poe have this problem where the longer you take to kill them the worse the fights get. This is specially important in Shaper (stack a bunch of pools in the bullet hell bubble are and you are screwed), Elder(stack a bunch of puddles in the middle and if you are melee you can't attack him anymore), uber elder(you need to avoid the mechanics, but after some time no matter where you walk you will be dying/being slowed) and the fat dude of synthesis(that creates a billion pilons that explode for a shitton of damage).
Take too long to kill those and you lose all room to maneuver the bosses mechanics. It becomes a matter of: do i want to die to the terrain or to the boss mechanic? Since i can't avoid both when the entire floor is lava.

There is also the bosses with map mods, it's all fun and games until you get a cortex with turbo, ele pen and increased AoE, then it's all about speedrunning the boss again, otherwise it's impossible.

Or bosses like sirus, where the faster you kill him, the lesser are the chances of the multiple bugs he has happening to you and bricking the fight.

Even bosses in this game are made in a way that favors speedrunning them.

This is how I feel. I would love to have a "slow and steady wins the race" game-play option, but the only thing POE offers is "slow and steady gets one-shot".
- here's my sig
I miss the days of having my brain on while mapping and actually interacting with mobs and their affixes, and the days of deaths feeling like they were my fault rather than just some insecure devs who feel the need to kill players in ways that give no agency to the player. Now it's just play any of the overly strong obvious scaling combos and obliterate everything without even seeing your screen, maybe get randomly bursted by something you can't reasonably expect or play around, or play a build that didn't get swept along by the torrent of power creep and just realize how horribly tuned the entire game has become since 3.0.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
No. It's too fast.
in diablo 3 at least u still fighting agains affixes in greater rift yes diablo 3 garbage but still game have challange

but in poe where is challange ? since u 0.01 sec to kill end game BOSSES ?
and bosses drops no rewardy thinks only 98% chance garbage loots

ppl playing poe bcoz of huge skill passive tree that is it there nothing else

Life
Resist
Str,int,dex
Crit Dmg
Crit Chance

this is itemization ?

hope GGG staffs open eyes and see future of the game

Last edited by kekoyaso on Aug 10, 2020, 1:35:01 AM
whats remarkable about poe is that you rly dont have any enemy type you fear. you fear certain mods and if they are missing you zoom zoom trough maps.
allies cant die
allies deal extra dmg times 10
crits and shizzles

and so on

there is no enemy rustling my jimmies you know?
no enemy type where i think: oh sheet gotta kill him first
because killing something first is impossible in this game in the first place because everything if FULL OF sheet.

I rly wish for a huge slow down
It sounds weird but i have more fun with my slower chars for some reason.

it just got so fckn boring when i divine ired my onehit way trough everything, bosses and rares alike.
"
kekoyaso wrote:
in diablo 3 at least u still fighting agains affixes in greater rift yes diablo 3 garbage but still game have challange

but in poe where is challange ? since u 0.01 sec to kill end game BOSSES ?
and bosses drops no rewardy thinks only 98% chance garbage loots

ppl playing poe bcoz of huge skill passive tree that is it there nothing else

Life
Resist
Str,int,dex
Crit Dmg
Crit Chance

this is itemization ?

hope GGG staffs open eyes and see future of the game

? ? ?

You take 0.01 sec to kill end game bosses? I'm playing a fairly well geared meta build LL VD/DD spellslinger and that still takes a bit of time to kill bosses, let alone endgame ones like Uber Elder or A8 Sirus. You speak like average players are playing the game like Ghazzy or Empyrion.

It's funny you list those stats, and yet those are exactly all the stats that matter for D3. For PoE, there are way more ways to scale your damage. Plenty of ways to make meme builds that actually still do damage and can kill endgame bosses, showcased by Jousis.

Also the fact that you lists attributes like str, int and dex like it matters that much means you know little of PoE. Unless you're playing attribute stacking build, they don't serve that much purposes besides as requirement for gear and gems, unlike D3 that are a big component that affects endgame players due to paragon level.

Also even more funny and show how oblivious your post is, some of the strongest build in the game right now are about stacking aura effect. Why don't you list aura effect in that list? Shows how little you know about the game.
Last edited by NexiieQT on Aug 10, 2020, 5:24:36 AM
Auras are passive skills, not item stats
"
Rekt_that wrote:
Auras are passive skills, not item stats

Auras are categorically active skill, and increased aura effect existed as both in passive tree and on items (including cluster jewels, which are also items), not to mention related affixes like reduced mana reserved which is commonly acquired from items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info