People threatening GGG to quit playing if Harvest doesn't go core

harvest is the best thing to happen to the game
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
"
j33bus wrote:
I mean the crafting options didn't practically change anything about progression in PoE

Of course it did. "Free", targeted exalts while leveling, available from VERY early levels, did wonders with progression. Map exchange crafts helped with the progression too. I always had a crafting project in Harvest, an item that when done, would progress my character.

Very good items were previously locked behind immense amounts of currency if you were to craft them yourself, or less currency if you bought them, which between quality item drops and crafting, was the 'only' realistic way of acquiring such items for 98% of the player base. Harvest gives you alternatives, and alternatives are always a good thing for progression.

"
Realistically trading always has been the best way to progress in this game and Harvest didn't change that. Harvest tried but it didn't go hard enough.

Trading will ALWAYS be the best way. ONLY bound items can change that. A free, open market will always adjust itself. Always.
Phrazz has changed his ways. Forget his past, embrace the present.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:
I mean the crafting options didn't practically change anything about progression in PoE

Of course it did. "Free", targeted exalts while leveling, available from VERY early levels, did wonders with progression. Map exchange crafts helped with the progression too. I always had a crafting project in Harvest, an item that when done, would progress my character.

Very good items were previously locked behind immense amounts of currency if you were to craft them yourself, or less currency if you bought them, which between quality item drops and crafting, was the 'only' realistic way of acquiring such items for 98% of the player base. Harvest gives you alternatives, and alternatives are always a good thing for progression.

"
Realistically trading always has been the best way to progress in this game and Harvest didn't change that. Harvest tried but it didn't go hard enough.

Trading will ALWAYS be the best way. ONLY bound items can change that. A free, open market will always adjust itself. Always.

It really didn't though, the gameplay was the same, you found items up until about level 40, then you got practically no progression up until maps. Then you bought 1 chaos items to start mapping, and then no progression until red maps anyway. Harvest didn't change that because they took away the targeted exalts in the level 50-75 range. Crafting still ended up being this ultra endgame thing that wasn't useful to 99% of players.

Harvest made crafting good for the people crafting was already good for and didn't improve it meaningfully for the people in the part of the game that strongly needs a meaningful improvement in item acquisition.

Honestly once you're farming red maps who cares about getting better items there's no more progression left in the game, why make a system that solely gives advantages to those players.
"
Harvest made crafting good for the people crafting was already good for and didn't improve it meaningfully for the people in the part of the game that strongly needs a meaningful improvement in item acquisition.
This is a crafting league, you probably shouldn't rely on randomly rolled rares in a league where it is best to actually just craft the items. I know maybe Chris Wilson probably said he wanted dropped rares to be better but how about instead look at what the league is actually providing.

Harvest brought powerful crafting to a larger range of players that weren't crafting before, it is not exclusive to people that already know how to craft.
"
j33bus wrote:
It really didn't though, the gameplay was the same, you found items up until about level 40, then you got practically no progression up until maps. Then you bought 1 chaos items to start mapping, and then no progression until red maps anyway. Harvest didn't change that because they took away the targeted exalts in the level 50-75 range. Crafting still ended up being this ultra endgame thing that wasn't useful to 99% of players.

I have to say I strongly disagree with almost everything you are writing here. But that goes more towards what you choose to do while leveling. You clearly chose to "buy 1 chaos items to start mapping", ignoring that you actually had a new choice. Just the fact that Harvest crafting is separated from currency, and the cost of crafting has zero market cost, is turning it into a valuable option. Hell, even if you didn't have Harvest exalts or annuls, you still had targeted chaos, which is valuable while leveling, especially if your build is weapon scaling.

But again, it's all about choice. Harvest is absolutely an option to progress your items and your character if you choose to use it. Is it the most efficient route? Of course not, but trading will always be the most efficient way to progress, no matter what they do. That doesn't mean all other options don't offer a way of progressing.

I improved my items a lot all throughout the story, all the way up to T16 maps through Harvest crafting. So for me, it offered a lot regarding progression.

"
Honestly once you're farming red maps who cares about getting better items there's no more progression left in the game, why make a system that solely gives advantages to those players.

Of course there is...? Delirium maps and Delve is very popular for people wanting to progress further. It seems you are debating 'facts' based on a very narrow, personal view. "I choose not to use Harvest craft while leveling, I choose to buy 1 chaos items, I choose not to play 100% Delirium maps and test my character in deep depths", which of course is totally OK, I don't delve much either. But it's still there as an option, and it does require better gear than farming red maps.
Phrazz has changed his ways. Forget his past, embrace the present.
i once threatened my mother to move out

you wont believe what happened then!
"
Nubman wrote:
People threaten to quit every league, due to one reason or another. Its something you learn to ignore because those same people are back every league and threatening to quit again.

this ye
"
poeGT wrote:
If the current crafting options are allowed to go core it will forever change/ruin POE. It's gone overboard, the drops are secondary now, crafting is way too powerful now for the effort required.

They had the perfect balance of crafting flexibility and balance but they just kept adding and adding and adding.That and it takes away/diminishes trading and trading currency.

Balanced for the 1%, stop living in your bubble man :P
I dont understand how removing some of the rng kills the game. Harvest is a step in the right direction of what crafting in PoE needs.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
stevich wrote:
Nothing makes me want to play poe less like everyone being geared in full t1 items.

When a good portion of the playerbase is very close to the best potential gear you can get in the game, what is left?

It isn't so much about other players. I really don't care what other players do.
It's more about items completely losing their story or journey behind them. Items having absolutely no value on the market anymore or not having any weight to them.
This flat out doesn't work in a game that is built around items were even the currency is an item and not gold.

The only reason why I'm still playing this league is because fractured delirious maps are a thing. Imagine spending 3exalts per map and getting more than twice of the investment back.

Losing history ? what are you smoking, it gaves much more history to my items than ever.

Most of my rare I got on my build are from drops I improved through harvest. I'm really fond of them.

The majority of the casual where able to craft decent gear not stellar like shown on reddit, its still a minority.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info