People threatening GGG to quit playing if Harvest doesn't go core

"
Walltrigger wrote:
I dont understand how removing some of the rng kills the game. Harvest is a step in the right direction of what crafting in PoE needs.

The average player has no business touching gg items that harvest is handing them.

That's all there is to it.

You know the difference between 50 million dps and 1 billion dps? Nothing. These gg items push builds to the billion dps benchmark but it means nothing. The whole point of adding these things was to give diehard committed players something to chase after. The average player doesn't deserve nor do they need them.
"
yamface wrote:
"
Walltrigger wrote:
I dont understand how removing some of the rng kills the game. Harvest is a step in the right direction of what crafting in PoE needs.

The average player has no business touching gg items that harvest is handing them.

That's all there is to it.

You know the difference between 50 million dps and 1 billion dps? Nothing. These gg items push builds to the billion dps benchmark but it means nothing. The whole point of adding these things was to give diehard committed players something to chase after. The average player doesn't deserve nor do they need them.

Except the game has been on the opposite side for far too long. The average player and 1% are so far apart, it hurts the game. The average player still isnt the one crafting mirror tier gear and reaching 50 million+ dps. Just getting the right base types, ilvls and double influences is not a 0 investment.

Also why is rng the only accepted gating method?
Last edited by Walltrigger on Aug 11, 2020, 9:19:41 AM
"
Walltrigger wrote:
Except the game has been on the opposite side for far too long. The average player and 1% are so far apart, it hurts the game. The average player still isnt the one crafting mirror tier gear and reaching 50 million+ dps. Just getting the right base types, ilvls and double influences is not a 0 investment.

Also why is rng the only accepted gating method?

Go read up on reddit. GG items spammed on that place for the past 2 months its honestly annoying at this point. These are your average players. They even said so.. they've never touched anything near that quality of items then suddenly in harvest they're checking up to see if their item can net free money from mirror services.

For the record I did imply anything above 50m dps improves 0 gameplay experience but that was assuming people even want to try 100% t19 delirium maps. If you're not doing that, 10m dps is enough to instagib everything else in the game. Even 1m dps is enough to instagib everything except bosses. That is how unnecessary it is for average joes to be touching god tier gear.
"
This might be the worst reason I've seen against having better crafting in PoE. It's pretty much straight up elitism.

Harvest is too powerful yes, but if GGG decides that they stop doing smaller and more reasonable crafting improvements entirely because the entire community complained about Harvest then it would be the wrong direction for the game to go IMO. Pretty much the entire last year of leagues were breach clones that exploded loot, it's about time the item customization aspect got a bit of a permanent boost as well.

"
Go read up on reddit. GG items spammed on that place for the past 2 months its honestly annoying at this point. These are your average players. They even said so.. they've never touched anything near that quality of items then suddenly in harvest they're checking up to see if their item can net free money from mirror services.
People spam their items on Reddit regardless of what league it is, and people asking for price checks to confirm if their item is mirror worthy, while annoying, is probably the most harmless reflection of the game and if Harvest somehow went core untouched, would be something that becomes less common as the definition of a 'mirror tier" item changed.
Last edited by VolcanoElixir on Aug 11, 2020, 10:05:23 AM
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
This might be the worst reason I've seen against having better crafting in PoE.
I never said that.
Harvest go core? God I hope not I haven't played in over a month because I can't stand it.
Why all or nothing? Have people really lost or ever had faith in GGG to balance? This probably explains it.

Why not better crafting options and throw a few mob packs in maps? Why OP crafting options but famine league or loot pinatas with painful crafting?

I see one person here say in a post hes all for trading to be gutted if it means he can better craft. Yes destroy the main League economy, make game full SSF, change business model and done...... This all or nothing approach by players and GGG just goes round in circles.

Next League stated to be BIG! What that means is anyone guess as we just had/have "We are probably breaking the game" League and OP carrots to chase in previous Leagues. I look forward to finding out.
"
Regyoulator81 wrote:
Why all or nothing? Have people really lost or ever had faith in GGG to balance? This probably explains it.

GGG and balance?

Spoiler
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
"
Regyoulator81 wrote:

GGG and balance?

Spoiler

Exactly. POE is now a roller coaster of expectations players will eventually have to be weaned off or PO2 will share the same fate from the get go. But maybe thats the dream.... its not mine though.
"
Dafux wrote:
Why can't you learn to play the game without Garden like everyone else before you?

Huh? That same statement could be applied to all new mechanics. And then it's easy to see how little sense it makes.

"
Dafux wrote:
Harvest going core would destroy the delicate economy GGG has worked so hard to build- and it would invalidate Standard forever.

I had to laugh out loud at that. Delicate economy? I hate the econmeh and all it entails. Trade has completely invalidated drops years ago. At least a self-crafted item gives you some feeling of progress rather than "grind currency so you can buy from others what you will never find or craft yourself".

And standard?! All the new mods have turned by carefully hoarded items from all these years into barely above vendor trash already.

No, it's not harvest crafting that has ruined the game.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info