who cares about standard?
who cares about "ecunumy" in a game?

to hell with that.
"
two questions:
who cares about standard?
who cares about "ecunumy" in a game?

to hell with that.

The answer to both is (surprisingly) people. People who pay the salaries of the people who make the game for you.
It's sad how quickly elitism seeps into the discussion.

You are not an elite pro-gamer because you rolled the dice a million times to T1 your gear. That's called gambling addiction.

Harvest is the first actual NEW thing since Delve and PoE 1.0.

It still takes a lot of effort to "Roll Perfect Gear" even with harvest crafts. It just does not tickle the gambling addicts funny bone so they stop playing.

Harvest Should go Core because it actually adds to the game. It's not just another way to roll dice.
"
So this the 2nd league where I stopped playing really early on and the first time where I spent time reading through the discussion and feedback forums.

Are these threads where people threaten to quit if something doesn't go core normal?

who cares, GGG doesn't and I doesn't also.
Less people = better server performens = the rest of us is more happy = win/win.
I'm never going to be one of those "woe is me, I dislike the game so I will announce something nobody gives a shit about" people, but I also feel entirely unenthusiastic about playing a league after this that doesn't have some sort of deterministic progression like this one had. No other league has had such a tangible way to get closer to that carrot at the end of the string, and I always hated the previous crafting system of pissing away money for slightly improved odds at getting a very low chance outcome like some defunct slot machine.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
"average joe doesn't deserve"

"muh standard"

"muh ruin the economy"

"muh gg items spammed"

I see a lot of salt from "elit" (read as no life / gambling addicts) that suddently lose the virtual sense of superiority they gained not through skill or smarts but hours of grind.

Crafting my gear and not being dependent on one of "them" to craft and sell it to me is the most fun i've had in a long while. And i don't even have good gear. That's just how fun crafting is this league.

Rnging the currency then rnging the mods isn't possible without putting in hundreds of hours. And these hours are what kill the game for me. I want to try all sorts of builds and being able to gear them without relying on too much rng (because despite what some says there is still rng but just a smaller amount) gives me a goal. I put 100h+ in my starter because I have a goal. Usualy I play 20/30 hours a character then get bored and start a new one.
I wouldn't quit but if you don't keep the possibility of deterministically making amazing items it will suck all the fun out of the next league.

Most of the good crafts in Harvest have a 5ex minimum cost of entry, and if you want all T1s 30ex+. The treadmill is still there and functioning properly. The obnoxiousness of setting up the garden, lack of regular league content, and the requirement to use Discord/Forbidden Harvest to play the league is why the league lost all of its players. The crafting itself is incredible.
"

"muh standard"

"muh ruin the economy"

"muh gg items spammed"

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
When we designed Harvest, we wanted to experiment with a more deterministic crafting system that would enable players to access powerful items earlier in their character progression. In this sense, we feel that the crafting system has been very successful. However, at the top end of gameplay, Harvest has made it too easy to gain very powerful items that previously required a lot more work and investment to acquire. This was acceptable for a temporary challenge league but poses problems for the long-term health of Path of Exile's item economy if allowed to remain in its current state.

It's funny how predictable this was. It's almost like everyone with any ounce of common sense saw this coming.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
However, at the top end of gameplay, Harvest has made it too easy to gain very powerful items that previously required a lot more work and investment to acquire. This was acceptable for a temporary challenge league but poses problems for the long-term health of Path of Exile's item economy if allowed to remain in its current state.

The cat's out of the bag. There's no going backwards without making the item hunt in every league going forward completely worthless. The only way out is massive power creep every league going forward now.
"
yamface wrote:
"

"muh standard"

"muh ruin the economy"

"muh gg items spammed"

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
When we designed Harvest, we wanted to experiment with a more deterministic crafting system that would enable players to access powerful items earlier in their character progression. In this sense, we feel that the crafting system has been very successful. However, at the top end of gameplay, Harvest has made it too easy to gain very powerful items that previously required a lot more work and investment to acquire. This was acceptable for a temporary challenge league but poses problems for the long-term health of Path of Exile's item economy if allowed to remain in its current state.

It's funny how predictable this was. It's almost like everyone with any ounce of common sense saw this coming.

So they design things to simply be op then nerfed, just unbelievable, how reckless and irresponsible!
:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info