People threatening GGG to quit playing if Harvest doesn't go core

"
cpurdy777 wrote:
I'm never going to be one of those "woe is me, I dislike the game so I will announce something nobody gives a shit about" people, but I also feel entirely unenthusiastic about playing a league after this that doesn't have some sort of deterministic progression like this one had. No other league has had such a tangible way to get closer to that carrot at the end of the string, and I always hated the previous crafting system of pissing away money for slightly improved odds at getting a very low chance outcome like some defunct slot machine.

My own fear also, I hope next league mechanics is super enjoyable else I might just wait for PoE 2.
With so many good games coming out when the next league is coming I don't think I will see poe for a long long long time.. specially how the last 3 leagues have been.
Turning players into payers.

Imagine making excuses for a billion dollar company that will never recognize you as anything else but a future open wallet.

Chapter: XVIII.
new games coming up soon so no care
"
stevich wrote:
Nothing makes me want to play poe less like everyone being geared in full t1 items.

When a good portion of the playerbase is very close to the best potential gear you can get in the game, what is left?

and why should everyone run around with shit tier gear, what do you care about other people having good gear
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Dafux wrote:
Why can't you learn to play the game without Garden like everyone else before you?

Huh? That same statement could be applied to all new mechanics. And then it's easy to see how little sense it makes.

"
Dafux wrote:
Harvest going core would destroy the delicate economy GGG has worked so hard to build- and it would invalidate Standard forever.

I had to laugh out loud at that. Delicate economy? I hate the econmeh and all it entails. Trade has completely invalidated drops years ago. At least a self-crafted item gives you some feeling of progress rather than "grind currency so you can buy from others what you will never find or craft yourself".

And standard?! All the new mods have turned by carefully hoarded items from all these years into barely above vendor trash already.

No, it's not harvest crafting that has ruined the game.

this is also true, you have feeling like you accomplished something, in previous leagues you just collect currency to buy something from a lucky dude who got the drop, the game doesn't have good economy, i don't understand why should endgame be only for the best players, people want to kill sirus, shaper, elder, they don't want to run 100000000 times t5 map to kill some stupid boss, by killing endgame content you are learning and improving your skill, you don't improve killing white mobs
"
So this the 2nd league where I stopped playing really early on and the first time where I spent time reading through the discussion and feedback forums.

Are these threads where people threaten to quit if something doesn't go core normal?

Wow, you must like beating your head against the infinite grind wall league after league. I'm an old filthy casual and I finally stopped my PoE headaches once I completed my quest for 27 Charan Swords in Delirium league (haven't logged in since then). The insanity of the endgame boss one-shots to compensate for all the speed and power creep craziness has ruined our once beloved arpg. PoE 2 will be the final nail in its coffin when millions of players will say NO MAS to having to start from square 1 on builds. Sorry, this isn't the arpg we are looking for... move along, move along.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
So this the 2nd league where I stopped playing really early on and the first time where I spent time reading through the discussion and feedback forums.

Are these threads where people threaten to quit if something doesn't go core normal?

Wow, you must like beating your head against the infinite grind wall league after league. I'm an old filthy casual and I finally stopped my PoE headaches once I completed my quest for 27 Charan Swords in Delirium league (haven't logged in since then). The insanity of the endgame boss one-shots to compensate for all the speed and power creep craziness has ruined our once beloved arpg. PoE 2 will be the final nail in its coffin when millions of players will say NO MAS to having to start from square 1 on builds. Sorry, this isn't the arpg we are looking for... move along, move along.

I don't believe I like grinding THAT much heck I don't think I ever hit past 95 😄 and I don't min/max.

I just like doing challenges 36/40 and trying to beat endgame bosses with skills I havn't tried before.

My issue with Havest was that for me it was boring and tedious and since I don't min/max the crafting wasn't enough incentive for me to keep going.

3.12 is being hyped as a big league so I hoping for some interesting revamping for Sirus (U.Sirus maybe?).
Last edited by magicdownunder on Aug 13, 2020, 8:46:35 AM
I feel sorry for GGG, their game is played equally by casual players that want fun and hardcore pushers that want challenge. Most of the time no matter what the company does half of their playerbase is unhappy.

Like in this case

But not all is lost, GGG actually made good leagues that were all around popular like Legion. So high hopes that GGG will finally learn from this experience and stop pushing controversial crafting shit that they remove after league anyway.
Котейка рубль бережет
"
Teplokot wrote:
I feel sorry for GGG, their game is played equally by casual players that want fun and hardcore pushers that want challenge. Most of the time no matter what the company does half of their playerbase is unhappy.

Like in this case

But not all is lost, GGG actually made good leagues that were all around popular like Legion. So high hopes that GGG will finally learn from this experience and stop pushing controversial crafting shit that they remove after league anyway.

they could solve so much by not going black/white.
let the harvest bench stay, let us utilize it via our currency instead of this crapsheet lifeforce with that garbage "garden" and voila.

let us put this into our hideouts so we have an deterministic bench (the old one) and the RNG bench but with nice abilitys.

just take the best out of both worlds can we, just for once pretty pleassseeee
Buh-Bye.

Why would anyone want the worst league ever to go core.

Oh yeah muh craftz!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info