yamface wrote:
"
"average joe doesn't deserve"

"muh standard"

"muh ruin the economy"

"muh gg items spammed"

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
When we designed Harvest, we wanted to experiment with a more deterministic crafting system that would enable players to access powerful items earlier in their character progression. In this sense, we feel that the crafting system has been very successful. However, at the top end of gameplay, Harvest has made it too easy to gain very powerful items that previously required a lot more work and investment to acquire. This was acceptable for a temporary challenge league but poses problems for the long-term health of Path of Exile's item economy if allowed to remain in its current state.

It's funny how predictable this was. It's almost like everyone with any ounce of common sense saw this coming.

Scale up endgame and nerf Harvest so you don't get T1 as often. Still gives low end players a way to craft items and progress without feeling scammed or burnt out.

If PoE's economy being healthy is 1% getting access to crafting at all and the rest needing to grind like mindless robots, fuck PoE's economy.

Don't like the garden ? Sell your seeds and buy your items. As easy as that.
Like the garden ? Buy seeds and sell items.

How is this not healthy ?

And tbf powercreep is something that started way before Harvest. Harvest just made it easier for low end player to start accessing the end game. Don't act like it changes anything for the people that put 1k hours each leagues because they still play super meta builds, get their T1 BiS items and crush everything in the game.

Harvest just gave them the ability to do 5 builds like this in the league instead of 2 (maybe it's 20 builds instead of 5 idk but you get the point.).
They will soon understand that they are addicted to PoE and they cant just "quit" as they say
"
And tbf powercreep is something that started way before Harvest. Harvest just made it easier for low end player to start accessing the end game. Don't act like it changes anything for the people that put 1k hours each leagues because they still play super meta builds, get their T1 BiS items and crush everything in the game.

I don't think you understand that most of the powercreep was meant exclusively for the 1%, it's not needed to do the vast majority of the content in this game, it was added literally to keep hardcore players sated.

Case and point, look at your suggestion of excluding t1 mods. You don't understand how powerful even t2 mods are. Do you know what a t2 foil looks like? It's still a 600 dps weapon. That is unbelievable overkill.

Deterministic crafting on the level that harvest brings should not be giving you that much power. Things like essences and fossil crafting can already give you middle tier items. I know this because I've done this in ssf. I don't mind if ggg adds another method of middle tier crafting that's similar to this and I'm perfectly fine with it letting most players at least kick off with their builds so that the build is reasonably functional, but to say that casuals "need" harvest to go core is like watching a kid point to a billionaire's yacht and complain that he needs one too.
"
"Case and point, look at your suggestion of excluding t1 mods. You don't understand how powerful even t2 mods are. Do you know what a t2 foil looks like? It's still a 600 dps weapon. That is unbelievable overkill.

Deterministic crafting on the level that harvest brings should not be giving you that much power. Things like essences and fossil crafting can already give you middle tier items. I know this because I've done this in ssf. I don't mind if ggg adds another method of middle tier crafting that's similar to this and I'm perfectly fine with it letting most players at least kick off with their builds so that the build is reasonably functional, but to say that casuals "need" harvest to go core is like watching a kid point to a billionaire's yacht and complain that he needs one too.

Essence crafting is still full Rnging items. Locking multicraft behind 2ex price means buying items is straight off a better option. Fossil is decent but how do you get them in a reliable fashion with a shitbuild ? buying it from the guy that puts 700h in farming them and decides how much he wants to sell them to you.

Do you really think average players like you call them have full T1 gear ? Hell no. They roll decent items and some good ones. BiS still are only for the 1% that put time into harvest. Because as easy you seem to think it is, you still need the hours and it still has some RNG. You need to understand how crafting works and think about how you're going to roll your item.

Looting still plays a huge part for casuals like me because starting with a high Ilvl base from scratch is too time consuming. So we get decent items with mods we like and then "clean" them up.

Also, what's wrong with getting power ? it's a game, having a chance to do higher content is a way for people to stick with the game. Do you think a player bashing his head against white tier bosses will stick to the game for long ? Maybe 10% will actually take the time to learn and get better. Others go on forums/reddit, complain, throw a tantrum then go spread bs that will discourage new players to join.

With more ways to get good stuff or to make their items better they get more chances to learn about mechanics and higher end content. Not out of frustration but because they have a short end goal well defined.
- "need more dps" > "gonna try to reroll my flat phy on my foil" > "wait i also have this crafting option, what does it do..."

Ofc some will still be currency bots farming for crafters/1%ers that will profit of off them and when they get to actual end game content they will cry because their gear will not carry them. But these are usually so entitled and stupid we can all do without them.

So yeah don't be that elitist it's not good for anyone. Keeping the soul of the game is important but displaying it's full potential is just as important. Harvest probably needs a lot of tweaking but it has made the game so much more enjoyable for me that i wouldn't mind seeing it go core.
Last edited by TastyMushroomZ on Aug 13, 2020, 10:54:43 PM
Computer bugged on me how do I delete a post ?
Last edited by TastyMushroomZ on Aug 13, 2020, 10:57:23 PM
If you want a farm, go play Farming Simulator. I'm here for hack n'slash, negotiations, and mostly fun.
I don't want to keep collecting tiny little seeds EVERY FUCKING DAY... it's not fun. Plz don't be a snowflake.
Yep... this isn't farmville. I want to get my items by killing monsters not draining their essence to feed some plants or whatever the nonsense is.

I would most likely stop playing entirely if it went core.
Last edited by arknath on Aug 14, 2020, 1:35:43 AM
"
arknath wrote:
I would most likely stop playing entirely if it went core.

Or you could just skip it like a normal person would.
Who cares. There's like 3 people enjoying this sh*t fest of a league so, good bye.
harvest is a noob league...for the first time,a noob can get god tier items without real effort....

playin' time ? no more needed
end game farm ? no more needed
deep knowledge of the game ? no more needed

just put ur f.ckin' seeds , run easy maps and craft ,that's all....

noob league...
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info