arcanist brand + hungry loop

not sure if this is intentional . as arcanist brand is listed as a support gem
but after levelling to 19 , put in loop , and the loop does not consume . i checked the hungry loops list of supported gems. and it seems the arcanist brand is not one of them . please could you tell me if this is intentional or an oversight , as my build was going to need it
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2020, 6:08:22 AM
Did you level it from 19 to 20 while in the ring?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
yes
the issue seems to be thaat the ring cannot consume arcanist brand at all.
Isn't it an active gem first and a support second? Kind of like Shockwave, but the other way around.
"
Isn't it an active gem first and a support second? Kind of like Shockwave, but the other way around.
the active gem is what you put in the socket to use the support gems you consumed.

Was the arcanist brand uncorrupted?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Was not corrupted. You may be correct that its double function may be the issue. However I do not know if its intentionally not consumable. As such I wanted to know if the exhibited behavior is indeed intentional or whether it was an oversight. It would be odd that you can consume all other similar.function gems. (totem/traps/mines/spellslinger . But not arcanist brand. Which functionally operates the same way. Arcanist as an active gem does not actually do anything as far as I can tell. I am unaware of how.shockwave works. I apologize. So I am unsure of what your referring to.
I suppose an argument that it does not have the word support in its name can be made. But it does have the support tag. So that doesnt really clarify much. I can only say that I 'expected' it to work and was rather surprised it didn't. So from mt perspective it is not working as I would intuitivelt think it does (again referencing totem trap etc.) if thats the case . And it is intentional. Then i imagine it should include clarification in the gem description. Sorry if im causing trouble. I originally just assumed it was.an oversight due to it being a newer addition and the hungry loops explicit modnlist might have forgotten to be updated.
bump
still awaiting clarification
i have now tried this three times just to confirm, uncorrupted , lvl19 ... etc.
the hungry loop is definitely incapable of consuming arcanist brand at the moment.
i am still waiting for someone to confirm this is the desired behavior or if it is an oversight .
please can someone from staff get back to me .
"
chocobo4eva wrote:
not sure if this is intentional . as arcanist brand is listed as a support gem
but after levelling to 19 , put in loop , and the loop does not consume . i checked the hungry loops list of supported gems. and it seems the arcanist brand is not one of them . please could you tell me if this is intentional or an oversight , as my build was going to need it

Thanks for your report, this is intended as Arcanist Brand is an Active Skill Gem with a secondary effect to support a skill.

Deathmark support on the other hand is the opposite and can be consumed by The Hungry Loop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info