How could we bring co-op back to POE?

"
MarcEric wrote:
I too miss the coop playing... what's the point of aura builds otherwise? Minions... I guess.

I think 3 things would be allowing it :

1) Ditch the spamming graphics... they are already annoying solo playing.

2) Balance the run speed... Nothing says less multiplayer than running after an OP build killing everything before you see mobs.

3) Along with monsters HP... reduce players overall damage by a % when partying. I.E. 2 players would do 150% more damage than a solo player; 3 players 175%... 4 players 200%... along with the increased HP, will make the game fun.

1) agreed people are already asking for mtx to remove all the graphic garbage on the screen, and you can see the visceral response to forcing bloom to everyone

2) this is more of someone on an op build and another on a potato build, this game is built around go fast, you go slow you die, waste time, see trash leagues with no content....

3) this would only reinforce mega op build 123288 or whatever... IE herald stacking type builds and completely remove any incentive to group as its more profitable to solo everything to go faster as the loot system in the game is utter trash and GG is trying to make consistant items (uniques) even more trash.

At the moment the game is played 3 ways really and thats it,
Solo, speed through everything trying to burn maps fast enough to hopefully get a non trash drop

Duo, OP build burning through everything with an aurabot that hopefully can buff the OP build enough to offset the added HP they give the enemies

Carry, 1 person playing mega op build carrying a fully party because GGG is trying to force a single playstyle into the game yet again.
Note carry is also often called Quant monkey or Quant B**** as they are to follow and not touch a damn thing so the mega op quant farmer can get more drops and hopefully have one that isnt trash.
"
Rekt_that wrote:
While everything is run server side, true multiplayer will be impossible for poe.

LMAO what?

Can you expand on what you mean by this?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Reason, D3 is superior in many ways over PoE.
:(
"
girng wrote:
"
Rekt_that wrote:
While everything is run server side, true multiplayer will be impossible for poe.

LMAO what?

Can you expand on what you mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyV0kIp5n4

This might give you a rough idea
I miss master rota's. That was the perfect amount of social play for me.
It would be nice. This game has the worst co-op play I've ever seen.
visual clutter is the big complaint i have

LET ME TURN OFF ALL MTX AND SPELL EFFECTS in my graphics options

i can't see anything in some encounters when i play in groups hahaha.
Have you seen the sun exile? THE TRUE SUN?
"
MarcEric wrote:
I too miss the coop playing... what's the point of aura builds otherwise? Minions... I guess.

I think 3 things would be allowing it :

1) Ditch the spamming graphics... they are already annoying solo playing.

2) Balance the run speed... Nothing says less multiplayer than running after an OP build killing everything before you see mobs.

3) Along with monsters HP... reduce players overall damage by a % when partying. I.E. 2 players would do 150% more damage than a solo player; 3 players 175%... 4 players 200%... along with the increased HP, will make the game fun.

Well said
"
davoodinator wrote:
visual clutter is the big complaint i have

LET ME TURN OFF ALL MTX AND SPELL EFFECTS in my graphics options

i can't see anything in some encounters when i play in groups hahaha.

This
"
j33bus wrote:
Tone down the visual spam so it's more reasonable for multiple players to see what they're doing.

Fix the loot distribution so individual players don't get less or more loot while in a party.

This is literally all it takes tbh, the visual spam is the only reason I rarely play co-op. even the mildest skills render the game almost impossible to see.

Quite frankly the way we play the game now has absolutely no reliance on visual indicators even in single player. at best we have a playstyle that works and we just play every monster pack the same with reliance on that knowledge.

Its even worse co-op though, almost nothing is threatening in PoE but the like 10 things that are its absolutely critical you can see the screen for (DD, Revenants, Lightning mirage, Boombooms, every single boss telegraph, volatiles etc)

Its awful. The only character i've made that I could play with friends was a heavy strike champ in metamorph, very clean no clutter. Every skill since you can't actually see anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info