How could we bring co-op back to POE?

We create a character to beat the game solo.
That is the purpose of this kind of games.

Is not Dota, not LoL, not even a DnD driven game like Baldurs Gate.

So how you can co-op, unless we are talking about "services" and "rotas"?
"
696Gamer wrote:

You have to have a friend on your list, then you can right click and press invite I know its hard to understand
1. Serious invasion based gameplay like Dark Souls.
2. Covenants for invaders and protectors.
3. PvE that just cannot be solo'd. This at present doesn't exist but could.

In the vein of 3:

A. Mobs can have enrage timers.
B. Mobs can have multiple targets.
C. Mobs can have health and damage.

Think like a fully juiced metamorph but way tougher and actually requires an 8 end charge tank. So players are encouraged to build out a trinity to tackle content.

Then make this content the most rewarding in the game.

For 1:

A. Invasions would reward based on successful kill.
B. Protectors would be rewarded based on killing invaders.
C. Players invaded would be rewarded for not dying.

PvP changes:

A. All damage types get an additional set of flags for PvE and PvP.
B. PvE functions as is, against PvE targets.
C. PvP functions at health percentile, instead of flat damage against PvP targets.

So one shots go completely away. Which is good for PvP.
"
PvE that just cannot be solo'd

Nope. Significant subsets of ARPG player markets will not engage with games that force you to join parties or share connection burdens to complete content. The reasons include, but aren't limited to:

--Player is on a timezone with fewer other players and can't reliably find healers/tanks/support/dps

--Player has a potato and can manage on his own, but add someone else's mtx, skill lightshow, 99 zombies/specs/vd balls, etc. to his screen and he can't play.

--Player has a top notch rig, and the game is tuned to make use of all 16 cores and such, but his support/tank/carry only has 6 cores, making it harder and harder to find groups for team raids as the game gets more and more component-hungry

--Player is socially withdrawn and doesn't want to have to negotiate teams and strategies with pubbs before every instance, or have to pass someone else's judgment of what makes a good aurabot/carry/tank to get a spot on a farming team.

--Player prefers SSF for his own reasons and teams aren't even on the radar

--Requiring a team approach -> more specialization of traditional team roles for certain classes/ascendancies -> some classes will naturally end up being more selfcontained and versatile than others, and some will virtually disappear as viable builds.

We already see that happening to some extent in trade leagues: e.g. aurabots looking for carries, mf dps looking for auras, a growing number of instance bosses and maps requiring specialized carries: Atziri, HOGM, Death & Taxes, etc.

Sure you can reroll a new character on the beach and slog them through acts JUST so they can do your Uber Atziri or HOGM or D&T quickly and effectively. This is a huge opportunity cost though. Or you could say "just use balefire lol" but tinkering with my main skill and tools just for HOGM drops my DPS to shit, and puts me at risk cause I can't leech using RF. Resummoning spectres while kiting D&T? BRUH...

"How do you lure the Elder to the centre of the Atlas?"
"A box trap with some candy should do the trick"
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
696Gamer wrote:

You have to have a friend on your list, then you can right click and press invite I know its hard to understand

Co-op is not about inviting but creating a character that is supported by others to do something, otherwise is unable to proceed.

So I can understand pretty well, ...as for you, I don't think so.
Wish I could bring back all my buddies that left the game...

PoE 2077

Einhar: Wake the fuck up exile we have Wraeclast to burn and beasts to capture!!
Diablo 4 nailed it. Open World with instanced dungeons. I am not sure why this wasn't thought of by GGG.
The only problem with teamplay in PoE is the number of portals. It would help if players would have a resurrection scroll for teamplay only.
"
696Gamer wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
696Gamer wrote:

Co-op is not about inviting but creating a character that is supported by others to do something, otherwise is unable to proceed.

So I can understand pretty well, ...as for you, I don't think so.

lmfao ok mate I understand your point but I suspect it isn't anything like what the OP is actually talking about. You've just made a semantic argument when I suspect it has nothing to do with the original post.
Yeah you are right Draegnarrr.

...But in my defence when 6 exiles team up we all see what happened.
Oriath destroyed and we stick with this ...Sirus fight!!!!!!

So Co-Op in Poe ...is not such a great idea.

Good luck and have fun man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info