[3.11] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Up to 127M DPS.Great Survivability. Melting all content.

Hey guys, Jenno here, this is my first build guide. Harvest league is the first league that I seriously played, for that, I created a 2H tectonic slam crit build that I think is very powerful and enjoyable. So I thought I'd share with you guys here.

This build is inspired by FastAF Tectonic Slam build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMk9epLS4M, I chose that as a league starter and then decided to make a crit version and see how far I can reach.

So Here's what it looks like:

Build Highlights
Spoiler
140-254M damage per slam
6000+ HP
148% movement speed
6 auras, 2 curses
100% hit/crit/ignite/freeze/shock chance
90% phys reduction
40% block
High chaos res

Pros
Spoiler
High Damage :70M-127M DPS and damage scalable with currency
Tanky :7 endurance charge, high chaos res, 90% phys reduction, 40% block, fortify, 15% dodge
Insane Clear Speed :clear the screen with one hit
Safe :long range damage makes it safer than other melee builds, you don't need to be near the boss to kill it, check out the simulacrum wave 20 video for illustration
Enjoyable Play Style :slam skill has very satisfying visual and sound effect

Cons
Spoiler
Can't do Elem Reflect
Not a Lazy Build
Not a Budget Build

Build Mechanics
Spoiler

Short Version
Spoiler
Tectonic slam + 7 endurance charges + siesmic cry + intimidating cry + all flasks + totem buff + 6 auras + Tawhoa's chosen + fist of war = BOOM

Long Version
Spoiler

It's pretty clear that recent changes in slam and wacry skills are leaning towards a "Hit once and Hit Hard" philosophy. For that, I found Chieftain has many good ascendancy points that can buff this effect, and stacking all buffs together and exert them at once can deal insane amount of damage. Here are several key mechanics that I leverage for the damage:

Valako ascendancy point: gives easy endurance charge and keep you at max charge all the time.
Fist of war: The most OP slam gem designed for this play style, Huge DPS and AOE boost
Seismic cry: with measured fury, you can have up to 5 seismic cry exerted attacks, each is 30% more powerful than the last.
Intimidating cry: deals double damage with 3 exerted attacks and inflict intimidating buff. This can be used on boss. you don't need it for normal clearing because you have tons of DPS already.
Ngamahu ascendancy point: again 100% more physical as fire, since we are 100% fire, then it boosts our damage further.
Tawhoa's chosen ascendancy point: This is a extremely underrated ascendancy, from what i saw in poe.ninja, almost no tectonic slam build is leveraging this. It summons a mirage warrior and deal 50% more damage on your slam skill. Although mirage warrior will not benefit from the fist of war support, it can still provide tons of DPS boost. For example, if your slam damage (with fist of war) is 158M, then Tawhoa's chosen can give you additional 96M damage, making it 254M in total. Every time you slam enemy, both fist of war and your mirage warrior will deal damage together (See figure below).

Play Style
Spoiler

This build is a "hit hard and hit once" play style. With Towhoa's chosen cool down being 2s and Fist of War's cooldown being 1.76s, we will perform one slam attack once every 2s with all the buffs. Every 2s is a repeating cycle. Here's a breakdown of what you do in the 2 seconds:

[-]Use 0.5 s to perform the attack and immediately dash away from enemy
[-]Use 1.5s to move, dodge attack, pop up flask (if needed), refresh war cry(if needed), use enduring cry to recover (if needed)

Check out the videos for illustration.

Gears
Spoiler

So far the gears are very specific to harvest league because all gears are from harvest crafting. I will keep updating this guide for future league.

Weapon
Spoiler

I went for warstaff because it offers a good balance between damage and defense (block chance). you need to multimod the weapon and craft 100% hit chance with it.

Armour
Spoiler

Astral plate with explosion and crit chance and additional curse is required.

Amulet
Spoiler

must have anger reduced mana reservation (we need that for our watcher eye), nice to have 5% flat phys reduction because it can help us cap phys reduction.

Rings
Spoiler

since we are running double curse, we need one shaper ring with assassin's mark and one warlord with flammability. craft the ring with -9 mana cost is needed for mana sustain.

Gloves
Spoiler

A spkike glove with culling strike is recommended.

Helmet
Spoiler

you can grab any helmet with tetonic enchant on it, then craft the -9 fire res.

Boots
Spoiler

A tailwind boots with elusive is what we need, it gives good movement speed in maps

Belt
Spoiler

Get one Stygian Vise with life and res on it.

Jewels
Spoiler

For abyssal jewel, you need the corrupted blood immunity, which can save you one flask spot for more dps.

For normal jewels, we want life and critical multiplier to scale our dps,we can also get elemental resistance on it.

For watcher's eye, we can find any good one with anger and precision mods. Here are the mods I looked for:

Awesome mods(need 2 of them):
-Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage while affected by Anger
-#% to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Anger
-Damage Penetrates #% Fire Resistance while affected by Anger
-#% to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision

OK mods (get 1 if you want, but not necessary):
-#% increased Fire Damage while affected by Anger
-#% increased Attack Speed while affected by Precision
-#% increased Attack Damage while affected by Precision
-Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision

Flasks

Spoiler

silver flask and basalt flask as utility for movement and phys reduction (with freeze and curse immunity on them)

must have lion's roar, it gives lots of flat armor and damage

must have bottled faith, it gives lots of dps and life regen, also keeps your golem alive during mapping.

must have cinderswallow, it synergize well with the build because you always ignite enemies. The leech gives you good life regen for map clearing too. I recommend the craft: damage taken leech as life because it indirectly gives you great survivability against strong mobs like full delirum map.

Skills
Spoiler

Main skill setup:
Spoiler

Tectonic Slam - Awakened melee physical damage - Awakened elem damage with attack - Fist of War - Pulverise - Fortify

Pulverise can give us a lot of damage boost on single slam attack. Fortify gives a good offence/defence balance

Aura setup:
Spoiler
Enlighten - Anger - Precision(1) - Blood and sand - Herald of ash - Herald of Purity

We need anger and precision for good watcher's eye mod. You can always use the blood stance because you have enough AOE already

Second Wind setup:
Spoiler

second wind - flame dash - intimidating cry - enduring cry

Flame dash is the best movement skill in mapping and boss fights. Intimidating cry and enduring cry can benefit a lot from second wind and give you good dps and good life regen

Totem and Golem:
Spoiler

combustion support - vaal ancestral warchief - summon flame golem seismic cry

Totem and flame golem can distract enemies and give you good dps, linking them with combustion can decrease the enemy fire res too. Bottled faith's huge life regen area can keep golem alive during mapping.

CWDT setup:

Spoiler

CWDT(12) - Immortal Call (14) - Wave of Conviction(15) - blood rage (5)

When you can gain endurance charge easily, Immortal Call can make you impossible to get one-shotted. I experimented many levels of CWDT and found that level 12 CWDT is the most comfortable level for all contents. Wave of conviction can lower enemie's fire res and blood rage can increase attack speed. since you have 90% phys reduction and 1500+ life regen, the additional phys damage taken is like nothing.

Pantheon, Ascendancy, Bandits

Spoiler

For Parthenon, I chose Arakaali and Shakari. Both nodes give good DoT reduction, make the build tanky against chaos damage

Ascendancy nodes: Ngamahu -> Valako -> Tawha's chosen -> Hinekora

As for bandits, kill them all.

Tree

Tree Progression
Spoiler

In general, we want to leave the staff, crit, jewel related passives to the end game as they benefit the most with end-game gears. Here are the general progression of tree:

1. Collect nodes till Born to Fight
2. Go down and collect till Art of the Gladiator
3. Keep following the tree and collect all nodes at the bottom section
4.(This is Optional): I suggest to allocate Measured Furry along the way (we will anoint Measured Furry in end-game)
5. (This is optional too): For stun immunity, you can consider allocating Unwavering Stance.
6. Follow the tree to the left then down, grab nodes till Stamina
7. Follow the tree up and grab the rest of non-staff and non-crit passives
8. Get one staff and allocate all the staff nodes
9. Allocate the rest crit nodes
10. Allocate all jewel nodes

Leveling
Spoiler

Leveling with this build is quite easy, you just equip the skill gem that I listed whenever you reach the level.

For main skill, I used ground slam till I can start using tectonic slam.

For aura, you can use herald of purity, herald of ash and blood and sand during leveling. you can leave the anger to end game after you have the amulet.

If you have mana sustain problem during leveling, I suggest to get a -mana cost ring (like praxis) and anoint mana leech nodes like Thrill Seeker or Spirit Void. If you have mana problem during boss, you can also get a vaal clarity and only use them in boss fight.

For leveling gears, it's the same as any other build. You know, the usual suspects like tabula rasa, wanderlust and so on. You can use harvest crafting to craft some good 2H weapon during leveling if you want, or just buy any unique 2H weapon.

As for tree, you can refer to the tree progression section.

POB
Spoiler

please use community fork, please note that Towha's chosen is not calculated in current POB, but its damage is logged in the note section.

https://pastebin.com/ZprASaNU

Videos
Spoiler

Simulacrum Wave 20

T15 Burial Chamber Full Delirium Clear

A8 Awakener Sirus

Q&A
Spoiler

Ask me anything related to the build, I will update them here with answers. To be updated

Change Log
Spoiler

08/20/20: Added Leveling and Tree progression section
08/23/20: Added Watcher's Eye mods recommendation

Last edited by JennoJoyce on Aug 23, 2020, 12:09:19 PM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2020, 4:55:06 PM
Added new leveling and Tree Progression section
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Aug 20, 2020, 10:47:04 AM
Build guide finished, welcome any questions!
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Aug 20, 2020, 10:48:24 AM
Boots + Belt are not in the Gear section atm
Thanks! Just added them.
Thank you for your hard work on this build, good Sir!
By now I'm experimenting with some variations of it for leveling till red maps, to get cheap SSF league-starter with two Oni-Goroshi blades.
Feel free to check it https://pastebin.com/980kLiBr
I am not that good at POB management, but I hope to see your point of view on budjet variation of your build for SSF.

I wanna try this build but I need some help in crafting all this stuff. I'm pretty bad at crafting :|

I got the chest and boots for now cuz those are pretty easy to craft.
"
ezarurazvan wrote:
I wanna try this build but I need some help in crafting all this stuff. I'm pretty bad at crafting :|

I got the chest and boots for now cuz those are pretty easy to craft.

What specific item do you need help with? I can provide some guidance on the crafting. Since harvest crafting won't be in core, I will just respond in comments.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Aug 16, 2020, 12:39:10 AM
"
masrood wrote:
By now I'm experimenting with some variations of it for leveling till red maps, to get cheap SSF league-starter with two Oni-Goroshi blades.
I am not that good at POB management, but I hope to see your point of view on budjet variation of your build for SSF.

I took a look at your build, one small comment I have is the flask, since I noticed you have corrupted blood immunity and 87% phys reduction, then life flask with bleeding immunity is not not necessary.

I recommend using enduring call as a way to recover life, especially when your war cry is instant.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
masrood wrote:

I took a look at your build, one small comment I have is the flask, since I noticed you have corrupted blood immunity and 87% phys reduction, then life flask with bleeding immunity is not not necessary.

I recommend using enduring call as a way to recover life, especially when your war cry is instant.

Thank you for your advice, much appreciate it, Sir!
Any chance to see global leveling section with tree variations, and crafting guide for beginner and mid-tier gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info