Can i sustain Sirius fight in Hardcore?

Hello guys,
this is my first time in hardcore and about to reach Sirius.
I've already killed him with a LL Ball Lightning miner in softcore. I've died a couple of time, but in SC is not a big deal.

Now i'm about to face him in hardcore, but i fear i'm not yet ready.

Dps is low, but defenses are decent.

My build is a lvl 85 CI Mana Guardian (radiant crusade, radiant faith, time of need. Missing Uber Lab) with 9600ES, 24k armor, 75/75 block with aegis aurora and Glancing blows (i gain about 500 ES every time i block and blocked hits deal 50% of their damage), 75fire 80cold 75 lightning resistance, 610Es regen/sec which reach 1190 on consacrated ground (self cast in CWDT with Purifying flame) and 3500 Es regen/sec every 5 seconds.

Using a 5l Incinerate with 13k tooltip dps (auto cursing and applying fire exposure)

The following is a PoB link with my actual build and skill level
https://pastebin.com/LVYfyhJy

I've defeated Baran, Veritania and Al Hezmin without any problem, facatanking them.

Do you thinkg i can facetank him?
Which phase/attack should i be aware of? WHich attack can 1shot me?

Thank you all for your suggestions, especially in terms of gear and skills update!
Last edited by SongokuSSj5 on Aug 9, 2020, 5:32:57 PM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2020, 8:57:26 AM
It sounds like you're not that familiar with the fight yet, which would be a good reason not to try it on hard core. I would suggest doing him a bunch more times on SC, until you get to the point where you are comfortable doing it deathless and know the answers to your questions above.

If you really want to try it, watch a few videos; any of them will show you how to avoid the one shot stuff. Then, honestly, it's about knowing exactly what's coming, and reacting to it without thinking. The last phase is the most dangerous because you have the meteor maze, as well as the quad beam + die beam.

Some of it is gear and some of it is knowing how to move. But if you have to think about it, you'll probably die, especially if your dps is a bit low and the fight goes long. It's not hard, it just takes some practice to develop habits for the fight.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Aug 9, 2020, 7:52:26 PM
Your dps is way too low.

Sirus's death beam does 15k and it hits you 3 times, if you fail to block even twice you're dead. And since you only do 50k dps you're bound to let it happen because you're gonna be in that fight for 20+ minutes.
Generally for Hardcore i'd say, if you aren't sure you won't die, then don't try it. If you are willing to take the risk, go and try AL0 Sirus but I wouldn't recommend it. Cancel the encounter for now and focus on finishing your build, last ascendancy points, 5+ more levels, maybe some gear upgrades.

For Sirus in general you want 3 things, Corrupted Blood immunity, freeze immunity and shock immunity, in that order of priority. If you don't have any of those and aren't 100% confident that you can dodge every single attack then stay away from him.
Thank you for the answers above guys.
Yes it's true i'm not really "expert" on Sirius fights, but even if i get more used to him, it's mostly a know-when-to-run approach (which is true for the death beam) but is something i'd love to avoid. what i really lack are numbers:
which are the numeric values of sirius attacks, where can i find those numbers? So i can do the math and see how good are my defenses

Anyway is better to get a 6l first and in the meanwhile gain a few more levels so that my defenses should be higher (around 12k ES and higher armor).

What do you think about the skill? the build is mostly base on high strenght and iron will to have decent amount of spell damage but incinerate on the paper shows the highst dps (tested several spell in PoB) but it's slow to reach max stage, small aoe and low clear speed. Do you thing i should change the spell? May be cast while channeling a decent alternative?
"
SongokuSSj5 wrote:
Thank you for the answers above guys.
Yes it's true i'm not really "expert" on Sirius fights, but even if i get more used to him, it's mostly a know-when-to-run approach (which is true for the death beam) but is something i'd love to avoid. what i really lack are numbers:
which are the numeric values of sirius attacks, where can i find those numbers? So i can do the math and see how good are my defenses

Anyway is better to get a 6l first and in the meanwhile gain a few more levels so that my defenses should be higher (around 12k ES and higher armor).

What do you think about the skill? the build is mostly base on high strenght and iron will to have decent amount of spell damage but incinerate on the paper shows the highst dps (tested several spell in PoB) but it's slow to reach max stage, small aoe and low clear speed. Do you thing i should change the spell? May be cast while channeling a decent alternative?

You can see his stats here https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Sirus%2C+Awakener+of+Worlds

Incinerate is kind of a 2014 build. It hasn't really kept up with the times, and it doesn't help that sirus is a very mobile boss. So you're not going to enjoy a channel spell like incinerate on that fight.
- NO six link
- NO elemental overload
- NO 20/20 (21/20) gems - at least Incinerate should be lvl 21 - your dps is very low

- NO annoitment on amu (without quality too)
- No fortify (think about Vigilant strike + Vigil jewel) - probably not so useful for this fight
- get Vaal Molten shell and apply it manually (MS could be on cwdt)
- Enduring cry (even without an extra charges) is quite powerful now
- some ES leech + Ghost Reaver would be cool (an extra recovery is always good - works through degen etc)

- Watcher´s Eye (the most interesting ones)
Clarity - an extra ES based on mana
Discipline - ES gained on hit (pretty good with fast hitting skill)
Determination - reduced crit damage + smth ideally

Just some quick things I had in mind.
Gl:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 10, 2020, 6:09:27 AM
Thank you for your replies!

Problem is that Harvest HC seems a pretty dead league. Shop is almost empty (for example noone is selling a 6L Geofry right). So upgrades to my gear are pretty hard to get.

Regarding the skill, do you have any suggestion about a skill (and links) that performs better than incinerate? Considring that tree and ascendancy don't support spell damage (except Elemental Overload that i'll get right now and Iron Will considering 900 Strenght). What i mean is: which is the spell skill (and related support) that works better alone) Firestorm maybe or Detonate Dead or Blade Vortex?

Regarding Fortify, i'm a bit doubtful beacause i have not much available slot to use a fortify setup. mayb just drop Frostblink for Leapslam and fortify? is it really useful?

Edit: i'm using Incinerate beacause on the paper seems to be the highest dps skill, but it really sucks..cannot complete any blight encounter or Incursion...so i need you guys to suggest me a better skill..
Last edited by SongokuSSj5 on Aug 11, 2020, 3:15:18 AM
Based on what I see on your build you're looking for a skill that can do huge damage despite no damage investment from your passive tree.

Blade blast and herald of agony are the only 2 skills off the top of my head that can do actual damage with almost no damage investment.

This is an example of a blade blast build:
https://pastebin.com/Ebbw9zuq

The guy playing that build let his noob girlfriend play his character on stream against sirus a8 and she killed the boss even though she accidentally facetanked almost every death beam + maze smash. The build does 3M damage if you hit only 20% of the blade blast blades, 6M if your ngamahu thing is active. But there's 3 caveats: the damage is good but the clear speed is low, the build has a lot of buttons, and his gear is very specifically tailored especially converting phys damage taken to something else.

Tbh if you're into unkillable builds you really missed out last league.
"
SongokuSSj5 wrote:
Regarding Fortify, i'm a bit doubtful beacause i have not much available slot to use a fortify setup. mayb just drop Frostblink for Leapslam and fortify? is it really useful?

I haven´t been talking about leap slam + fortify but Vigilant strike + Vigil jewel combo (Vigilant strike could be linked with Ancestral call for easier hitting) for super long fortify duration (20-30s+)
Leap slamming near the boss is too dangerous and you should avoid being hit on HC but you can hit some trash boss companion (with this combo) for very long fortify buff (that´s the trick) but if you have free slot.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 11, 2020, 5:52:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info