Can i sustain Sirius fight in Hardcore?

There are not a lot of reasons to do Sirus. Most people seem not to like the fight, and the drop rates don't make him worth farming.

If you want to do him because he's there, maybe think about a build for next league with Sirus in mind. At least one that can do him with modest effort and investment.
"
GreyLensman wrote:
There are not a lot of reasons to do Sirus. Most people seem not to like the fight, and the drop rates don't make him worth farming.

If you want to do him because he's there, maybe think about a build for next league with Sirus in mind. At least one that can do him with modest effort and investment.

That's what i'm trying to do, focused on defenses but results are not as good as i thought
"
yamface wrote:
Based on what I see on your build you're looking for a skill that can do huge damage despite no damage investment from your passive tree.

Blade blast and herald of agony are the only 2 skills off the top of my head that can do actual damage with almost no damage investment.

This is an example of a blade blast build:
https://pastebin.com/Ebbw9zuq

The guy playing that build let his noob girlfriend play his character on stream against sirus a8 and she killed the boss even though she accidentally facetanked almost every death beam + maze smash. The build does 3M damage if you hit only 20% of the blade blast blades, 6M if your ngamahu thing is active. But there's 3 caveats: the damage is good but the clear speed is low, the build has a lot of buttons, and his gear is very specifically tailored especially converting phys damage taken to something else.

Tbh if you're into unkillable builds you really missed out last league.

ON purpose i avoided playing herald stacker builds, don't find them "legal".

Herald of Agony's only problem is the mana reservation. I'll try with Blade Blast
"
SongokuSSj5 wrote:
ON purpose i avoided playing herald stacker builds, don't find them "legal".

Herald of Agony's only problem is the mana reservation. I'll try with Blade Blast
I just want to point out before I bait you into it.. that guy's gear is crafted to synergize perfectly with divine flesh. I honestly don't think it's going to be all that invincible unless you think you can craft that kind of gear.
"
That's what i'm trying to do, focused on defenses but results are not as good as i thought

I don't know that a defensive build is the best way to go with Sirus. They have tuned him up and down, but at the moment I think there is not much that can face tank his beam - at least on a casual budget.

For builds I have personally had success with on Sirus in the <10 ex total cost range:

Vortex/Coldsnap Occultist is reasonably tanky, moderate dps, and decent mobility. Nice balance for general purpose, so you're not building something just for Sirus. It's a 2-button build, plus flasks, so it's also fairly simple.

Blade Vortex (poison) Assassin is more dps and faster, but requires more movement to survive and more buttons to play optimally. This may be good or bad, depending on what you like.

Again, you're not going to face tank him with either of those. They are both DoT and move builds, which is good for a mobile boss like Sirus.
I've started Playing PoE in 2013, and only played in HC untill all the know issue (desynch and such) made me quit the game. once returned, i started playing SC, for a more relaxed experience.

Now i'd like to complete PoE in HC, and this include Sirus..but being in HC, a tanky build is a must have. I'm aware that tankiness is nothing without dps, and no dps is as much risky as a glasscannon (sort of), for this reason i'm trying to find the best combination of skill/support to increase my dps (which is currently too low).

Blade Blast + Blade Fall Totem seems to be a nice combo (currently levelling the skill gem)

Herald of Agony has a lot of dps, but the mechanic is clumsy and i really don't like it..
Last edited by SongokuSSj5 on Aug 13, 2020, 4:30:11 AM
Sorry, I completely lost track of the HC point of this thread.

Have you checked PoE Ninja. If you filter on SSF HC, this is what you get.
https://poe.ninja/challengehcssf/builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info