Chris Wilson has found a long term solution for Standard League

"
Syhler187 wrote:

+1 to garden = cancer

I see people parroting this statement,but why do you think that it's bad?
You don't have to have 100 plots to be successful.
I have 2 of each color for my T1 seeds, and one of each color for my T2 and above seeds. 9 plots total.
Run a map, get seeds, go into grove, kill monsters, exit.
Takes all of 20 seconds.
It literally could not be easier and less time consuming of a league mechanic.
Last edited by Gulch on Aug 12, 2020, 2:55:33 PM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Syhler187 wrote:

+1 to garden = cancer

I have 2 of each color for my T1 seeds, and one of each color for my T2 and above seeds. 9 plots total.
Takes all of 20 seconds.

It couldn't be less time consuming? T2 and above seeds need to be individually planted, that could easily be automated.

Seeds should be sent straight to the garden, not manually picked up.

It's too much tedious ass
"
Rekt_that wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Syhler187 wrote:

+1 to garden = cancer

Takes all of 20 seconds.

It couldn't be less time consuming? T2 and above seeds need to be individually planted, that could easily be automated.

Seeds should be sent straight to the garden, not manually picked up.

It's too much tedious ass

So it takes you 10 seconds to plant seeds. OMG how dare they make us take 10 seconds out of our day to plant a couple of dozen seeds!
everytime i entered the garden i lost the motivation to do anymore maps
The garden is a huge time sink.

While cycling, you're just packratting seeds and that takes up like, zero time.

Later though, when you've got sixteen or more A+++ gardens ready to harvest, your mapping ceases to exist. You start out by going to the garden:

--Spending hours fossilcrafting and prepping bases beforehand, sometimes farming for bases hours before you are ready for this step.

--Prepping sometimes means pre-crafting mods and metamods which means scours, alts, regals, and beast imprints. It also means not leaving influences to chance, but instead begging, borrowing, or stealing a hunter or crusader orb or wasting valuable UE frags trying to get a suitable shelder base.

Ah, but now it's time to garden. Woot!

--Once you kill everything, then before you even touch that craftnozzle, you go kill all the other everythings. Heaven knows you don't want to flush a 6L when you could use a 6S on it first and then go across the grove and 6L it right there without haing to leave the map.

--Swapping out horticrafting stations and hooking them up ahead of your next activation. Woo.

--Pondering over the results of a craft, looking through all the other crafts you have up and ready, thinking about which order you need to do stuff in. There are guides for some things, that make it easy. Other stuff not so easy. Oh and you cannot scour anything without leaving the map.

Ah but you say, let's be realistic. I want to craft and not worry about portals. Let's just do this giant multi garden harvest from hideout, mmkay? Bruh do you even want to have enough t3 seeds to repeat this process? You'll need map quant to do it.

Last night I popped 12 plots of t2/t3 and spent over 2 hours sifting through crafts, oh and I got one single t3 seed out of the yield because I knew I would need more than 6 trips out to scour, multimod, etc.

It is powerful, but it is also ruthless and glacial. Unless, of course, you have a big farming co-op backing you up. One dedicated speedrunner for seed collection, another dedicated surveyor for building the garden up, a third guy to prep and pre-craft all the bases: fossils, essences, conqueror and shmelder influence, full slate of Syndicate recipes, etc. And then there's you, making a mess and triaging annul/slams and sloshing grape juice on white items.
"How do you lure the Elder to the centre of the Atlas?"
"A box trap with some candy should do the trick"
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
garden is absolutely obnoxious

So are her creators....
:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info