Did GGG ever use actual player numbers in statistics?

Like...did they ever say how many accounts are registered?
Everytime they post sth about the players (like the harvest challenge stats) they use percantages.

Is that a PR thing? Trying to hide how few are actually playing the game?

Feels weird
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2020, 10:11:19 PM
they include bots. if they took away the bot accounts i wonder what the real numbers would be
I can guarantee you that GGG are heavily invested in data analytics and have a very good grasp on such things.

In regard to publishing player numbers, what would be the benefit to them in doing so? How would that improve the game or player interaction?

We already see what happens when Steam numbers are culled. Some are used for reasonable inference but many are used to wildly hypothesise and simultaneously proclaim that the game is in a really good state but also on the verge of death.

Sure, the game lends itself heavily to those that like numbers and analytics, but there's just no value to GGG in publishing this info.
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
they include bots. if they took away the bot accounts i wonder what the real numbers would be

Taking away bots from the statistics would imply that GGG have a way to identify bots. They clearly haven't, it seems.
Phrazz has changed his ways. Forget his past, embrace the present.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:

Taking away bots from the statistics would imply that GGG have a way to identify bots. They clearly haven't, it seems.
Yep, if they could identify bots so easily that they can just exclude them like data just like that, they wouldn't be as common as they are now.
"
I can guarantee you that GGG are heavily invested in data analytics and have a very good grasp on such things.

I honestly doubt that. I vaguely remember chris saying in a podcast that they're not a data driven company and that a lot of their feedback processing is by reading reddit. I'm not trolling. They probably do have basic things like number of registered users and all that but I definitely doubt they're invested enough to do any remotely complex data analysis.

edit: actually found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6147&v=OBp6yeVSiDU

Now that I listen to it again I actually can't tell if he was trolling or not... everyones laughing about it like it was supposed to be a joke
Last edited by yamface on Aug 11, 2020, 6:12:23 PM
"
yamface wrote:
"

I honestly doubt that. I vaguely remember chris saying in a podcast that they're not a data driven company and that a lot of their feedback processing is by reading reddit. I'm not trolling. They probably do have basic things like number of registered users and all that but I definitely doubt they're invested enough to do any remotely complex data analysis.

edit: actually found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6147&v=OBp6yeVSiDU

Now that I listen to it again I actually can't tell if he was trolling or not... everyones laughing about it like it was supposed to be a joke
He was joking, and basically poking at the community for the widespread claims that GGG only pays attention to Reddit. They are very invested in data collection and analytics.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
yamface wrote:
"

You can make the test.
GGG is from New Zealand and under NZ laws, you have a right to get a copy from the data GGG is gathering about you.
Review that data and you know what they know about you...at least the part they are willing to show (since you dont know if thats all they gather)
"
yamface wrote:
"

If that is true,I'm rolling my eyes big time... I mean I hope its a joke else its amateurish as fuck lmao.

And sometimes I have the impression its the total opposite, like they look only at the data especially every league when I level and I just facepalm at some stuff asking myself if they actually play their game lmao.
"
yamface wrote:
"

dude, that was an obvious joke because people refer to the steam player numbers for player retention when arguing whether the league is popular or not

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info