Question to Drox

Hey,

is drox immune to damage while he is standing in the area of one of his pylons / flags? Actually its one of my longest and exhausting fights, since he or his pylons / flags are really tough. Maybe i miss some mechanic. The other Conquerors are okay to fight.

I changed to SSF during harvest, my gear is okay and so is my dmg, which makes the fight against this guy really frustrating. I cant skip him, because i need the Awakener Orbs to continue my Atlas. I am actually at A5.

I could continue with the Sirus fight, but thats another level of a problem :D
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2020, 10:09:15 PM
There's a period where he seems to have a lot of damage resistance/regen.

As long as his shield isnt regenerating you are doing damage to him, if it is regenerating then he is covered by one of the banners so you need to take that out.
Yes, while inside his banners (pylon/flag/that things with an aura he slams on the ground way too often for the player's sake) Drox is effectively Immune to Damage. This is hitendby a brief wave of blue over him when he enters inside a Banner's aura, and the fact he will start regenerating ES since he stops taking damage.
Also, each banner seems to give him a "charge" of some sort. I still haven't figured out what those charges gives him, but the more banners there are, the more charges he has. People argued it reflects the "Warlord" theme - plant a banner, conquer a piece of ground

This differs from the "I AM THE LAW!" Bubble Phase, during which he just gets a lot of damage reduction. In order to stop that phase, you have to quite literally storm him until you deplete his health under a cercatin threshold. Basically a DPS check, but the checker is a huge slab of marble and you only have a pin-ball hammer to break it

EDIT: also no, Drox differs from all the other Conquerors because of his endurance. Baran goes for the oneshot, Veritania goes for the whirlwind trolling, Al-Hezmin goes for Poison DoTs, and Drox is just an annoying iron wall.
Also, the fact he has a phase also makes him not one-shoutable (I say one-shoutable, and is the nowaday trend to trivialize endgame content by exploiting the double-exert warcry mechanic of 3.12. Oh, and a big bonkstick, yeah.)
Last edited by Maxtrux on Aug 12, 2020, 7:08:39 AM
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey,

is drox immune to damage while he is standing in the area of one of his pylons / flags?

Yes the banners which circle encompass Drox make him immune, the outer banners = ignore them.
The bubble just gives him a ton of damage resistance but you can still damage him in the bubble.
Last edited by Gulch on Aug 12, 2020, 2:44:17 PM
Kill the banners ASAP. The more it takes the more banners he spawn and they buff each other.

Or you either have enough DPS to make Drox go bubble phase, w/o spawning banners, and kill him after w/o spawning banners.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds. If your build can't survive that or a lag spike it's because you suck, period. Post your PoB so the PoE experts can analyse and help improve your build."
Make sure to move him to a place where he is affected by only 1-2 banners. That way you have a lot more time to dps him before he replaces them compared to fighting him in the middle with 4.
"
Make sure to move him to a place where he is affected by only 1-2 banners. That way you have a lot more time to dps him before he replaces them compared to fighting him in the middle with 4.

This is bad advice.
Don't worry about moving Drox, fight him right there in the center for 2 reasons:
1) No need to move him at all
2) if you move him then you'll be in a choke point, whereas if you fight him in the center you have 4 escape routes vs 1.
"
Gulch wrote:
"

This is bad advice.
Don't worry about moving Drox, fight him right there in the center for 2 reasons:
2) if you move him then you'll be in a choke point, whereas if you fight him in the center you have 4 escape routes vs 1.

1) isn't a reason at all and 2) is a pretty bad one. What's the benefit of having 4 escape routes? Like when was the last time you actually attempted to escape from a boss fight? And how many times did you manage to actually do that? Because for me personally the answer to both is zero times.

If your DPS is lacking and you don't have enough AOE to stomp drox and 4 banners at the same time then the advice is pretty good, I've done it the same way initially and it worked fine. Luring him into a corner also has the added benefit that his adds spawns can only attack you from one direction so if your skills AOE isn't omnidirectional it also helps dealing with his adds.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Aug 13, 2020, 1:23:37 PM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"

This is bad advice.

1) isn't a reason at all and 2) is a pretty bad one. What's the benefit of having 4 escape routes? Like when was the last time you actually attempted to escape from a boss fight? And how many times did you manage to actually do that? Because for me personally the answer to both is zero times.

If your DPS is lacking and you don't have enough AOE to stomp drox and 4 banners at the same time then the advice is pretty good, I've done it the same way initially and it worked fine. Luring him into a corner also has the added benefit that his adds spawns can only attack you from one direction so if your skills AOE isn't omnidirectional it also helps dealing with his adds.

I don't need to have an escape route, but some people who have lower dps need to be able to get away from the fists that stomp around.
I burn him down quite easily.
But moving Drox? There is no point in that. I've never moved him even when I tried on a character that had bad dps and still did him deathless.
"

If I may have a word, making him fight where he has only 1-2 banner active is a good-ish advice. Mostly because the only areas where he is influenced by 1-2 banners are the gates of his X-shaped arena, which means 2 things:

- You only have to destroy 1-2 banner rather than 1-4, depending on how bad you positioned Drox before facetanking him - if you are facetanking him
- WAY more important, you coax him to trigger the "BY MY AUTHORITY" attack, which summons a corridor of pebbles that deal full physical damage on the interested "cross" arm where the fight is on. By being right at the edge of the arm, you can easily kite the whole damage of this attack and you buy 2-3 seconds of time in which he is not slamming the gosh-darned Banners. This is useful for most of the builds that do not facetank him

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info