12.08.2020 and?

PoE would make for an awesome arpg-sandbox, imagine free access to past leagues as they were or mixed leagues. Zero latency issues on top.

I'm not too worried about GGG making one though. If the time is ripe people will come up with an emulator that works good enough.
"
0Crimnor wrote:
PoE would make for an awesome arpg-sandbox, imagine free access to past leagues as they were or mixed leagues. Zero latency issues on top.

I'm not too worried about GGG making one though. If the time is ripe people will come up with an emulator that works good enough.

not sure you know how emulators work
"
Gulch wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You were expecting them to create one? Delusional.
why not?

Why?

Because they keep on pushing more and more speed with even more junk loot being dropped, and the servers struggle to handle it all
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
0Crimnor wrote:

not sure you know how emulators work
I do! Maybe you don't. Reverse engineering everything serversided and building an emulator for the client to connect to has been a thing for decades and is common practice for private servers. Not an actual offline mode but being local with an effective 0-2ms latency is better than nothing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

No way he still has the authority to pull that off after the Tencent deal.

People seem to assume too much.
It all depends on what the deal they made contained.
For all we know, all they agreed to was to host the game on tencent platform with permissions to adjust the client for Asian markets.

If that's the case, or even if it's not, the deal could have included that as far as western markets go, ggg retains full rights and control over what's happening with the game.

If tencent had 100% control over the game, we wouldn't be having two different versions of PoE, but just one - and not the one we currently have on western market.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

No way he still has the authority to pull that off after the Tencent deal.

People seem to assume too much.
It all depends on what the deal they made contained.
For all we know, all they agreed to was to host the game on tencent platform with permissions to adjust the client for Asian markets.

If that's the case, or even if it's not, the deal could have included that as far as western markets go, ggg retains full rights and control over what's happening with the game.

If tencent had 100% control over the game, we wouldn't be having two different versions of PoE, but just one - and not the one we currently have on western market.

They have majority ownership, it's not a standard deal just to run the game in china
they like to remove liberties.
not add them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info